Chapter 15 – The Mysterious Cave
904 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deeper and deeper, the cave Quan Yu dove into went further than he thought. 

With his chi flowing through his body, he could sustain his breath longer than the average person, but even so this narrow tunnel was seemed to never end. 

And the water seemed to be pushing him back, making him swim against the current. 

Just then, the tunnel opened up and he exited the tunnel and found himself at the bottom of a small pond. 

As he walked out of the pond, he found himself in a cave, illuminated by a glowing bugs that seemed to be innumerous in this cave. 

Just then, he noticed a skeleton at the far wall that looked like it has been there for hundreds of years, if not longer. 

"This is a deep cave. What are you doing here?" Quan Yu asked, not expecting a response. 

The old skeleton was apparently naked, or his clothes had long rotted away. 

"Ah.... I wouldn't want to rob the clothes off a skeleton anyway" Quan Tu thought. 

Just then, he noticed that the skeleton was still wearing a ring on one of his fingers.

It looked plain and didn't even look like it was made of any precious metals, rather it looked like it was made from steel.  

He bent over to take a look, and when he touched it, he was shocked as he felt fluctuations of chi in it. 

It was a storage ring! These are so rare, the only ones he'd seen before this were on the many fingers of the Emperor!

He picked it up and put it on, inserting his chi into the ring.

Inside, he saw clothes, several swords and two cloth bound books!

He removed the contents and saw that the clothes were plain, but very well made. 

The swords were similar, as they were top end swords, but they were unadorned and plain. 

Lastly, he looked at the two books. One of them seemed to be a journal, while the other was a martial arts manual. 

Quan Yu looked at the journal first, curious as to who this skeleton was in his life. 

"My name is Zhang Ming. I am the Sword God! 

I bowed to no man, not the Royalty, not the Righteous or Evil Factions, not even to any women. 

Nothing tied me down, for to master the sword, one must be free!

In my journey to become the supreme sword master in the Jianghu, I cut down..

...

..."

the list went on and on. In fact, most of the journal was a list of famous people he defeated. 

From the Imperial Library's records, Quan Yu recognized the names that this so called Sword God defeated, placing him around 800 years ago. 

It did make sense that all the people he mentioned retired early, even though they were the leaders of the sects and martial schools of the day. 

But there were no records of this Zhang Ming. Was he erased from history?

He decided to read on

"After defeating all comers, they ganged up on me, the righteous and the evil. Even the Emperor who was once my backer put a bounty on me.

However, I still defeated them all, leaving them with tails between their legs. It was the best days of my life

After having no one left to defeat, I decided to finally learn to master the sword.

I came into this cave to break through the Peak Xiantian stage to find out what lies beyond.

If you are reading this journal, then I have failed to break through.

If so, the other book is my martial art. Please carry it on. My art should not die here with me

You shall henceforth be the next generation grandmaster of my most powerful martial art which I have named Cut"

The journal ended there.

"Cut? What kind of name is that?" Quan Yu thought as he picked up the second book.

As he opened it, he was shocked. He flipped through it and there was only 3 pages, and all of them were filled with nonsense!

Was this a joke? Was this guy a madman?

The first page read "For the sword and to the sword, by my sword, I AM THE SWORD"

The second page said "Chop, choppity chop, choppity chop chop chop"

The third page only had one word "Cut" which was what he named his art.

Quan Yu was disappointed. Although he gained clothes and several swords, his hopes of gaining more than that were dashed.

These were the writings of a madman!

Nevertheless, he bowed to the skeleton in thanks, and kept the swords, books and clothes in the ring that he now wore.

He didn't want to get them wet in the swim out, which he would do naked again.

As he turned around to go back to the pond, he suddenly saw cuts and slashes on the walls all around him!

Each gash in the walls emanated sword intent and incredible power, like the sword slash could decimate mountains.

His eyes were glued to the walls, uncontrollably trying to take each and every slash to memory.

His mind was sucked into the incredible insight each slash inspired that he couldn't pull himself out of it.

After standing still at the edge of the pond for days, suddenly a thought entered his head

"For the sword and to the sword, by my sword, I AM THE SWORD"

His mind started to untangle and arrange the insights he gained.

He stood there for another day when another insight coalesced in his mind

"Chop, choppity chop, choppity chop chop chop" he mumbled before standing still again like a statue. 

Finally, he started laughing like a madman.

"Of course! What a genius... the answer is CUT!!" he said

Just then, he finally fell asleep, after an unknown number of days. He fell backwards into the pool. 

Subconsciously, he held his breath, sleeping like a baby in the womb, surviving on chi his body was absorbing. 

The suction from the outside seemed to pull his body slowly out of the tunnel. 

So the naked body of Quan Yu, wearing only a dimension ring on his right middle finger, somehow was pushed out of the narrow tunnel like a baby being born. 

The waterfall spun his unconscious body around, before spitting him out of the basin as his body flowed underwater. 

By now, he was fully erect due to the waterfall rubbing him everywhere.

Just as he flowed down the river underwater while facing up, something splashed into the water just above him. 

21