Chapter 23 – The Phoenix King
661 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

".....I.... don't......know....swear!" the feral form of the Beast, Zong Kee gasped as Quan Yu held his head with one hand, the other pointing his sword at his neck.

Zong Kee was reduced to just the top part of his torso from the waist up and his head.

His arms and legs were on the floor, as were his bottom half of his body.

He had extraordinary regenerative abilities, and could heal his limbs back, but he had to place the parts together to heal. And Quan Yu wasn't allowing that.

Once his head was cut off, it was over, even for him. 

Quan Yu sliced his head clean off, seeing that there was nothing more he could get out of him. 

He looked at Rhuu Yen who shook her head. All the girls in the bed were dead, either by the torturous sex with Zong Kee, or by committing suicide by biting off their tongues.

Quan Yu sighed

The Carnal Anarchy Sect was completely wiped out. But the damage done by their sins would still have serious repercussions for the future.

He turned around to walk out when suddenly, he felt a killing intent

He swung his sword and blocked, just as the front of the room exploded in flames.

"MURONG ZONG!" a powerful voice yelled as a flaming man landed in the room from the sky.

He was Xue Fan, the Phoenix King, leader of the Phoenix Sect, one of the 12 Righteous Swords and the father to the killed girl Xue Rin.

His fiery eyes scanned the room only to see Quan Yu and Rhuu Yen standing there, their swords ready.

Suddenly, he saw a girl's baked body split in half, from her head to her groin.

"Rin!" he yelled as he rushed to her and held her bleeding parts together as her organs spilled everywhere.

"YOU! YOU DID THIS?" his fierce eyes stared at Quan Yu

"We were in a battle when the Beast used her as a shield. It was an accident" Quan Yu said

"Accident... hahahaha....ACCIDENT?" the Phoenix King looked at him insanely

"Back away Yen" Quan Yu ordered as he stood ready

"DIE!" the Phoenix King said as he blasted a cone of flames at Quan Yu

Quan Yu calmly cut the flames in two, setting the room on fire

Rhuu Yen dashed out the door. Although she was also a Xiantian now, she was a early Xiantian, and no match for the Phoenix King who was a Peak Xiantian, as high a level as a human supposedly could go to.

She looked back as the building exploded, and Quan Yu shot out of it backwards, blocking the flames with his sword and landing on the ground.

The Phoenix King shot into the air majestically, the flames around him spread out wide and formed a phoenix.

He held the two halves of his youngest daughter in his left arm while he attacked Quan Yu with the flaming sword in his right hand.

Attack after attack, Quan Yu kept defending as the Phoenix King attacked viciously.

Frustrated, the Phoenix King suddenly looked at Rhuu Yen after realizing he couldn't defeat Quan Yu easily

"You killed my daughter, I kill your lover!" the Phoenix King said as he attacked Rhuu Yen instead.

Quan Yu moved in a flash, appearing in front of Rhuu Yen and blocking the flame strike with his sword.

Attacking Rhuu Yen touched his bottom line. Once the Phoenix King did this, Quan Yu lost all his hesitancy in harming one of the 12 Righteous Swords.

"Enough!" Quan Yu yelled, slicing off the Phoenix King's sword arm at the elbow.

"No!" Xue Fan dropped to his knees, still holding the pieces of his daughter in his arms.

"Are we done?" Quan Yu asked

"Without my arm... I am finished. Please take care of Rin'Er" Xue Fan said

Suddenly, his body started burning, both his body and his daughter.

Quan Yu was surprised and stepped backwards as the flames burned hotter and more intensely. 

Quan Yu and Rhuu Yen could swear they heard a bird screech as the flames burned higher.

"Watch out!" Quan Yu said, protecting Rhuu Yen with his body as the flames suddenly exploded

"Look!" Rhuu Yen said, pointing at where the flames were.

The explosion put the flames out, but instead of seeing the burned remains of two dead bodies, a girl lay naked in the ashes of the flames.

"Come, lets go" Quan Yu said

"You're going to leave her here?" Rhuu Yen asked

"We don't know her, and we have no obligation to her" Quan Yu replied

"But he requested us to take care of her" Rhuu Yen said

"We have no obligation to him either. He tried to attack me" Quan Yu argued

"His precious daughter had just been killed. He was acting out his grief! If you won't take care of her, I will. At least lets return her to her sect!" Rhuu Yen answered

Quan Yu sighed. "Ok, we return her to her sect"

The girl slowly opened her eyes. She was breathtakingly beautiful with red hair and matching carpet to her drapes.

"Who... who are you? Where am I?" she asked the arguing couple.

"Do you remember who you are dear?" Rhuu Yen asked gently

"I am...I am... I don't...Who am I?" she asked, looking confused.

"Nevermind. Lets get out of here first" Quan Yu said, picking up a storage ring in the ashes around Xue Rin as well as the Phoenix Sword from the severed arm nearby

He took out some clothes in his storage ring, giving it to Rhuu Yen to help dress "Rin Er", as that was what her father called her. They knew adding "Er" to the last name is a term of affection and not her real name, but they never knew her before, and now she didn't know herself either. 

Then they quickly searched the base and kept all the treasures and wealth in the base of the Carnal Anarchy Sect before leaving.

As an evil sect that was known for their robbing and looting, they had quite a substantial amount of wealth. Furthermore. the storage rings of both the Savage King and the Phoenix King, both Peak Level Xiantians and leaders of their sects were filled with treasures comparable to a king. 

Rhuu Yen followed behind Quan Yu, flying in the air the way only Xiantians can as he carried Rin Er on his back. He had already killed two Peak Xiantians, the highest level a cultivator can reach in this mortal realm. And he is supposedly only a Mid level Xiantian. How powerful was he?

Nevertheless, she was glad to follow and learn from him. In a realm where might is right, she would willingly cling to the mightiest, and hopefully become one herself.

19