#005 never mind I HATE SPIDERS
449 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Leo retreted for a few steps he sat down and opened his Status since he was curious what his level up gave him.

Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 2 Title: -
HP: 85 Potential Mass: 24
MP: 25 Current Mass: 20
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 3

So my Potential Mass increased ... and since my HP increased without gain in mass I guess my core got a littel sturdier?

I think for now I just absorb some more dirt since there is nothing else I can do with it...  wait.

Leo threw a questioning glance over to the spider corpse. To be spcific he was looking at the claws on the tip of each leg.

I wonder if this will work ...

Leo got to his feet and walked over to the spider corpse. he started tugging on one of the clawes and after the third pull he held the claw in his tentacle. He begann to focus and activated Material manipulation. The next moment a notification appeared.  

Material acquired Abyss Spiderling claw.
Properties per unit:
HP: +1
Mass: +1
Mana conductivity F+

Nice it worked! It provides less HP but I guess it a better choice as a wepon compared to my bare tentacles.

Leo broke a second claw free and absorbt it into his body.

should I continue deeper into the cave or head back outside?

As Leo was thinking what to do, his thoughts got disrupted by what seemed to be faint footsteps.

*tip tap tip tap* 

When Leo noticed the sounds he got a bad pemonition and started walking back towards the entrance while he activly avoided the spider webs on the ground. Slowly the sound of footsteps got louder as the distance between himself and whatever it was that came in his direction. 

Leo relaxed when the cave entrance came into view but he became even more nervous when the first leg of the monter that followed him appeared. The thing was a terribly oversized version of the Abyss spiderling he just defeated and that meant instead of araound 20 centimetres it was close to 3 meters and below its red eyes was a pair of hideous red fangs from wich a liquid droped that he knew he didn't want to touch it.

Ohh my God pleas no. I take back everything I said about not being scared of spiders. I HATE THEM!

Without thinking Leo started running towards the the entrance. What he would do when he got there? He didn't know but he felt a deep urge to run away from that monster spider.

*SCREEeeeeeee*

A short moment after he started running the spider produced a scream that was way too high pitched to feel scarry but in Leo's ears it sounded like the echo of death. After it ended its scream the spider started running after Leo. the distance between the two shortened rapidly. When Leo made his first step under the sky he waited for a feeling of relief but even as he took five more steps he didn't feel it. Behind him black legs appeared from the cave entrance as if they wanted to grab him and drag him back into the depths of the cave. 

As the legs closed in on him he despaired. He just wanted to get away from them. Before they could reach him he jumped to the left which he knew would just delay the inevitable. But what he  didn't expect was that one of the legs that were aimed at him slammed into the ground with too much force if it just wanted to grab him. Leo didn't have much time to think before a second leg slapped him in the back and shot him towards the wall a few meters away from the cave. 

On impact his body was shattered and broken pieces fell to the ground. His Core wich was the most resilient part of his body had a little crack wich gave Leo his first experience of physical pain since he became a Golem. After a moment of severe pain came a tranquility he greatly appreciated as he fell unconscious.

 《I would really appreciate a comment about your thoughts on the last two chapters. I never wrote anything similar to this Story so I would like to have some opinions. Especially for the combat scenes. Thx》

 

24