#007 little improvements and little birds
421 20 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before he started his hunt, he checked his Status to see how much damage the two attacks from the horned rabbit did. 

Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 2 Title: -
HP: 88/90 Potential Mass: 24
MP: 17/25 Current Mass: 23
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 3
Physical resistance 1

I am missing 1 unit of dirt so I think I took 2 damage per hit. I think my HP is actually pretty high. But that stupid spider almost killed me in one hit....
My HP is missing only two now but my MP decreased a little... so that means my Core can fix itself with mana over time. 

But it looks like my MP don't regenerate while my Core is damaged. It would also be pretty nice to have a window for my body components, else I don't think I can keep track of my body  when I become bigger and have more materials available.

 

So while imagining  a list of the three materials his body was made of, Leo activated his Body growth skill. The first try ended with an awkward silence. After the second try a window popped up and Leo was happy to see that it looked like he had imagined it in his head.

Dirt x20 effect: +80HP 
Abyss spiderling claw x2 effect: +2HP
Horned rabbit horn x1 effect: +3HP

Core x1 effect: +5HP

After close the window he began walking on the outskirts of the forest. Leo stayed there since he found his first horned rabbit here as well. As he walked he saw more little birds than on his way through the grassland.

*chisssss*

 Around half an hour of walking later, he heard a almost inaudible hissing sound from the ground in front and him. He could not see what it was but his guess was that it was a snake.

Since it was so quiet it should  not be to big. While a big constrictor snake could possibly be a threat for him. A poisonous snake could do nothing since his body was .... well... dirt. So after deciding to just ignore it he continued to walk, but just a few steps later he felt a little tugging at his right leg. As he looked down he saw a green, 20 centimeter long snake with brown stripes biting him.

I mean... free experience right?

Leo grabbed the snake with his right hand and pierced it with the rabbit horn in his left hand. It stopped moving and a window appeared.

Green field viper Level 4 was killed.

 

Golem Leo reached Level 3
Ohhh the next Level.  
 
Leo was excited and opened his Status.
 
Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 3 Title: -
HP: 90/92 Potential Mass: 28
MP: 22/30 Current Mass: 23
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 3
Physical resistance 1

 

Just like the first Level up 2 HP and 5 MP were added. Does that mean my growth is linear?  No. After all I can change my body to better materials when I get them. Whatever lets continue with the rabbit hunt.

After his short ,,break'' he continued his search for a second rabbit horn. An hour later he still found nothing but a second Green field viper that he killed. It was smaller than the first by 5 centimeters and was just Level 2. Slowly Leo began to wonder if he should continue or just go into the forest. 

Lets give it another hour. 

He continued on his path outside of the forest but found nothing. After 40 minutes the little birds suddenly became loud and he looked in the direction that he heard them from. There was a little swarm of them just ahead of him and they were panicking an chirping while they flew lower than the trees. 

Leo started running towards the commotion and when came near he saw a horned rabbit that was trying to get close to a nest that apparently fell to the ground, while it dodged and sometimes tried to catch the birds that attacked it.

Finally finding what he was looking for Leo didn't hesitate and ran towards the rabbit. He reached out with one of his tentacle arms and tried to hit the horn on its head. This rabbit noticed that but didn't even try to dodge. It even jumped to increase the power of the impact with  the intention to deal more damage. What it didn't know was that the moment the horn pierced Leo's tentacle its death was decided. Leo's second tentacle with the rabbit horn on its tip, already shot towards the rabbit. The horn was stuck so there was no problem stabbing it right through the chest. 

The rabbit died and Leo took the horn. After he was done he noticed that the loud birds fell silent. He looked around only to find he was surrounded by little birds . They looked anxious, but he realised they weren't looking at him, but the nest not even 1 meter away from him. When Leo looked at the nest, the birds started staring at him as if trying to figure out what he would do next. 

I like those birds so lets just put it back on the tree.

When Leo moved, some of the birds jumped back because of his sudden movement. He split the his tentacle arm into three smaller ones and gently grabbed the nest. By now the birds began to chirp at him loudly and some flew on his back and started pecking him. Leo just used some mana with his Physical resistance skill and ignored them. As he lifted the nest there was no bird that remained on the ground but one with slightly green feathers. 

When Leo started moving the nest towards the tree, some birds seemed to realise what he was doing and stopped attacking him. He gently placed the nest in between a fork of two branches. When he had withdrawn his arm, no bird attacked him anymore but instead they all sat around him. On the ground, on the trees and some flew around him and started chirping in a happy tune.

Leo wondered what was happening when a window appeared in his view.

Title acquired: Friend of the Hummingbirds 

 

28