#009 new materials and the waterfall cave
392 11 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huff that was exhausting. That thing was the hardest enemy yet. And I think it  would have defeated me easily, if it it had attacked me from the start. The pair of claws it had, looked pretty scary. .....WAIT !

Leo got terribly excited just thinking about the materials he could use now. On second thought he also had a level up and skill improvements to experiment with.

Lets begin with my Status.

  

Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 4 Title: Friend of the Hummingbirds 
HP: 69/69 Potential Mass: 32
MP: 27/35 Current Mass: 18
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 4
Physical resistance 2

 

Yeah. I knew I lost some mass since I shrunk by quite a bit but 6 units of dirt, just from the centipede slamming me against stuff.... that thing would have killed me in an actual fight... and it was just Level 8. There seems to be quite the strength difference between levels.... But more importantly, I have stuff to do!
 
He barely finished his thought when he already started to dismantle the centipede on the ground. He began with the claws. Since after he got them he would have some better tools to take the rest apart. 
He started by looking where the claws connected to the body. When he found that there root was embedded into a a big cluster of muscles. He took one of the spiderling claws and began to unceremoniously slash, cut and ripp around the claws root. 
 
When I look at what I am doing, I kind of understand why people don't like to visit a dentist. It looks very painful and it's gross to look at, but I think I am acting a bit more barbaric than a dentist. 
 
After a moment Leo noticed the claw got loose. He stopped, grabbed the claw and after a bit of push and pull the claw was freed. Leo was excited and tried to add it to his body, because of that, a window appeared.
 
 
Material acquired FOREST STALKER CLAW.
Properties per unit:
HP: +7
Mass: +2
Mana conductivity E

 

He used Body growth on it all added it to his body. And that was when a problem showed itself. 
 
Omg that looks creepy as hell.
 
The claw was about 30 centimeter long, and with its curved blade it looked like a creepy brown meat hook. 
 
Do I have to shorten the straight part? Maybe I can hide them inside my dirt body, likely I do with my Core?
 
Leo began to absorb some dirt from the ground to get some more body mass. Then he moved the dirt to to his right arm, onto wich he had added the claw. Slowly he shoved the dirt over the claw to cover it. Last but not least he shortened his arm and the claw was now hidden inside his arm. 
 
Nice it worked, but I can't twist my arm like a tentacle anymore while I hide it like that. Lets get the second one and then continue with the carapace.
 
With his new claw, he freed the second claw much faster and added it to his left arm. He continued to dismantle the corpse until the whole carapace was lying before him. He sorted the different sizes of the carapace plates until three stacks lay before him. 
 
Lets first see how good the material is. Leo took a piece of carapace and used Body growth on it. The next moment a window appeared.

 
 
Material acquired FOREST STALKER SCALE.
Properties per unit:
HP: +10
Mass: +2
Mana conductivity E

 
 

 Wow those HP combined with how though they are, will make me very resilient. 

 
Leo discarded his old weapons and added 5 Forest Stalker Scales and hid them like his claws in his torso. After he was done,  he checked his new Status and material list.
 
 
Name: Leo Race: Golem
Level: 4 Title: Friend of the Hummingbirds 
HP: 145/145 Potential Mass: 32
MP: 27/35 Current Mass: 32
Skills:   
Body grow Max
Material manipulation 4
Physical resistance 2

Materials 
Dirt x18 effect: +72HP 
Forest Stalker Claw x2 effect: +14HP
Forest Stalker Scale x5 effect: +50HP
Core x1 effect: +9HP

Okay now I think everything in this forest weaker than that centipede  can do nothing against me.

While he modified his body, he also noticed that shaping his body became easier since Material modification reached Level 4. So Leo spend some time remodelling his outer appearance. His legs got properly shaped feet. He got no toes but who cares. His arms were a little bulky because he needed to hide the claws. They got five small tentacles as fingers and he Shaped a simple head with two pebbles as eyes. He now had a 120 centimeters high humanoid shape.

Now this body feels much better then my previous ones. Maybe because I am used to this body shape?

When Leo finished his new body, the little bird flew over and landed on his shoulder. It watched the whole process else it might would have some difficulty to recognise Leo in his present from.

When Leo burrowed the centipede remains and hid the leftover scales, he just walked away and left them behind. Slowly the sun was setting and it got dark. Since he could see in dark and sleep was unneeded Leo didn't mind walking through the night but he realised that the little bird had to sleep,  especially since today was a eventful day. So Leo looked for a place for the two of them to rest.

After an hour, Leo saw something sparkle between the trees. As he got closer, he heard some water splashing. After just a moment he arrived before a river. The water splashing got quite a bit louder as Leo stood before its source. A small waterfall, about six meters high. When he looked around, Leo saw the early moon, stars and some of there reflections in the water and when he looked at the waterfall he noticed a slight colour difference close to the bottom of the waterfall. 

Sooooo.... we had no cliches for a while, so now I find a treasure cafe behind the waterfall or what is this? Lets just go in and see if it is big enough for us.

Leo began to walk near the wall behind the waterfall and soon saw what he was looking for. The entrance was big enough for him and the cave was just about seven square meters. There where some signs that humans have been here. There was a broken pickaxe and  a shovel on the ground and also the remains of a fireplace. Everything looked like it was a while ago that somebody was here. 

Oh so there are humans in this world. I wonder if I will get to see the whole fantasy package with Demi humans, elves and Dwarfs. For now let us rest or well for me its more like lets wait. 

Leo sat down and flattened his shoulder a bit, so the little bird could sit on it easier. The bird fell asleep almost instantly and so he waited for the sun to rise again.

28