#015 Parting ways
291 13 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He thought about how he should asked them when they will leave and soon he got an idea. Leo stood up and asked them ,, Will you leave and go back to town or do you want to complete your quest first?'' (Leo)

Anika was silent for a moment and then spoke to Niko ,,I think it should be fine even if we don't go for the Horned Rabbit since we got the gold from those three. We can live for a while with that much money. What do you think Niko? '' (Anika)

,,I agree with you, but.... what will that noble do when we just go back to Grafton? He won't just stop because this time was a failure. We don't even have evidence that it was him because the letter doesn't mention names....'' (Niko)

After hearing that, Anika became silent and after a short moment said ,,you are right. I think we have to leave Grafton....  If I remember correctly there was a monster settlement if we follow the road to the grasslands and then continue east. We could buy stuff there and then travel to either the capital or the port city.....'' (Anika)

As she continued her voice got quieter and quieter until it became just an unrecognizable rambling. Leo looked at Niko but he just shrugged his shoulders and waited for her to finish. After a few of the longest minutes in Leo's life, Anika raised her head and said ,,okay let's do it''

,,We should go to the Port city. Nobles don't have much influence there and I know some people there.'' (Anika)

Leo had no idea about any kind of map information and the opportunity to ask for directions would probably not come again anytime soon. So he asked. ,,In what direction is the port city and the capital? '' (Leo)

,,If you follow the road to the grasslands and go northeast in a straight line from there, you come to the sea and from there you just follow the boats. As for the capital it wouldbe easier to find from the port city. I don't know the direction from here.'' (Anika)

I guess I haven't explored much since I tried to raise my Level to 6 else I would have found that road already. The sea sounds nice... maybe I should make it my first destination when I am a bit stronger.

,,Will you go there too Leo?  It would probably be the best place for a monster to hide in this country. There is forest, some small mountains and nobles are rarely active because the towns has a slightly fishy smell.'' (Anika)

,, yes I will stay here for a while and go there afterwards.'' (Leo)

,,Well I don't know if you will have the chance to visit us but we will be staying at the Sunflower Inn.'' (Anika)

From the side, Niko threw her a glance as if he wanted to ask ,,We will?'' which Anika answered with a ,,Yes, I know the owner.''.

,,If I get the chance I will visit you two. By the way, you should leave sooner rather than later. The noble guy will send his people in a few days and I think you don't want to cross paths with them.'' (Leo)

,,You are right. We have supplies for about two and a half days that means we can't waste  time until we reach the monster settlement. Let's go Niko so we can at least reach a spot near the road to camp.'' (Anika)

Niko stood up with a nod and took the sword that Leo gave them earlier. Anika took the bow and the pouch. In a short time they were ready to leave, but before their departure they thanked Leo again for his help.

After they left and Leo couldn't see them anymore, he headed back to the cave and stood now in front of the novice monk Henri and thought about how to use the biomass.

It said something about only biomass or normal mass being possible and not both at the same time. So should I just drop my Core on top or ..... yeah let's just go with that.

Leo moved the scales around his Core out of the way and slowly moved his Core out of his chest. When it was far enough outside his body he grabbed it with his hand. He noticed that, the moment his Core left his body and only touched the outside of his hand, he lost quite a bit of control over his body and then sensations that his body transmitted were also severely numbed.

He slowly lowered his hand over Henri's corpse. He dropt his Core and simultaneously lost all sensation of his body except for his Core. When he landed on the corpse, he took a moment to get used to not having a body again. After a minute he began to use Material manipulation on the corpse and after a few minutes, as expected a notification popped up.

 

Biomass acquired HUMAN FLESH.

Mana density: E
Properties per unit:
HP: +3
MP: +3
Biomass: +3
Mana conductivity: E

 
Well ... lets do some tests.
18