#017 The dark forest and goblins
233 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hour after hour passed and Leo lost sight of the forest. The sun almost set when something that looked like a tree line came into view. It didn't take long for Leo to see that they arrived at yet another forest. 

Well Anika said I would reach the sea if I go north east from the road.... apparently that includes crossing another forest. Well I guess she was a little distracted by the whole situation and hadn't described the way in all details.

The trees ahead looked different compared to the trees he had seen before. The leafs are dark green and the wood almost black. They gave a ghostly feeling.

I prefer the bright coloured trees from the previous forest... they gave me a nice feeling compared to this forest. And why is it so quiet here? I haven't seen a single bird since those trees came into view. Wait is that white stuff what I think it is? 

Leo looked at the trees as he tried to figure out why the forest felt so strange. What he found in a tree a few meters away from him made his body shiver.

Those are are fucking spider webs!  Don't tell me this forest is infested with those fucking spiders I encountered in the cave!

Leo wasn't the only one who looked uncomfortable with spiders. The little bird on his shoulder looked terrified of the idea to enter the forest. Leo noticed that the little bird was uncomfortable and took some distance from the forest.

No fuck that forest! Lets go on the outskirts and find a way to avoid this cursed place.

Visibly relieved the little bird relaxed quite a bit when Leo walked away from the forest. Leo began to walk along the forest while keeping a constant distance of at least 50 meters to it. 

As he walked, the day ended and night came. The little bird stayed awake for more than one hour past nightfall, which showed just how disturbing the forest is to it. Leo who could see just fine even in the deepest night was quite relived when he saw the bird sleeping, because shortly afterwards he came across a section of the forest that obviously suffered from severe spider infestation. Even after he took an extra 50 meters distance, he could clearly see spider webs between trees and leaves. 

After around 200 meters of spider hell, the trees returned from normal with the occasional web here and there. Leo continued his way and after a few hours he saw a sign of hope. A single tree with bright green leaves and a brown trunk. Then after a few minutes, another one, and a seco next to it.

Slowly the dark forest turned into normal forest and when almost all of the dark trees disappeared, he decided to enter the forest and head north east again. 

The night passed quickly and soon the sun rose. The little bird freaked out when it woke up and realised that he was in a forest. It took Leo 5 minutes to calm it down. When it finally calmed down he continued walking. 

It was a quiet journey so far but of course it couldn't stay that way. Leo stopped when he noticed that the little bird perked up and looked in front of them. After hunting together with the little bird for over a week he knew better than to ignore its senses.

Leo sneaked forward and the little bird took off to scout ahead. He walked slowly and after a short time he saw a green little monster with human features.

It's a goblin... there are four of them so I guess there is no danger but let's be strategic just in case. 

Leo looked around and soon found the little bird sitting in a tree next to the goblins. He reached for the ground and produced two football sized spheres of dirt and picked them up. When he was done he gave a nod to the little bird and it gave a cry as loud as it could. 

*SCREEeee*

The goblins attention was instantly on the little bird and Leo used that moment to rapidly close the distance between him and the goblins. When he was about to reach them he threw the two rocks he made at the goblins. The first hit the shoulder of a goblin wich threw it against a tree and made it cry out in pain.

*GRRAAaahhng*

The cry alarmed the other three but one of them was greeted by a rock to the face before it even knew what was happening. The head flung back and a loud *CRack* could be heard. When the goblin reached the floor it was already dead.

Goblim (Hunter) Level 4 was killed.

 

With one dead and one on the ground there where two goblins left. Both managed to draw their weapon and where now charging at him. One had a rusty sword and the other had a old looking pickaxe. Leo shifted his body and after revealing his claws he struck the goblins that now stood in front  of him and swung their rusty weapons at him.

  

The first clash was the rusty sword that instantly snapped when it came in contact with Leo's claw. Without much loss in speed the claw continued it's way and cut the goblins neck. When the head fell to the ground, blood began to spray from the severed neck. 

Goblin (Hunter) Level 5 was killed.

 

The goblin with the pickaxe had it's attack blocked by Leo's claw and fell backwards after a push from the claw. As he tried to stand up in a hurry Leo already pierced him through the chest. The goblin looked at him with big eyes but they quickly lost any sign of life and the notification confirmed it.

Goblin (Hunter) Level 5 was killed.

 

When the third goblin died, Leo walked over to the first goblin to finish it but on his way there he got the notification that the goblin already died and also a second notification.

Goblin (Hunter) Level 3 was killed.

Golem Leo reached Level 9
20