Old
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[*Johannes Brahms - lullaby bg*]

ミ*wind*

A cloud,

O

oO

.oO

   .oO

      .oO

Another small cloud,

.oO                 o. *wind*

.oO         o.

.oO    o.

Guess what? They are made of wooden mugs,

.s[]C[]  []z.

Clouds that are wooden mugs are great.

[*knock knock sounds*]

The wooden-mug-clouds have started bumping into each other.

.s[]C[] []z

.s[]C[[]z *knock*

.s[]C[] []z

.s[]C[[]z *knuck*

Oh No! It's about to rain!

The mugs will flip and it will rain!

My dull-hat is set out to dry!

|-( Ō )---| *wind + heat*

*^ hat on some string for drying*

Can't i get the dull-hat inside my lovely place?

What do you say?

I don't have any lovely place?

My dull-hat is set out to dry, but i don't have any lovely place to protect it from rain?

Why don't i have any lovely place?

No way!

.s[][[[]][[]z. *thunder*

l|'l!|li'l!|il|li'|!'  *rain*

Oh No! It started to rain! But wait, the rain is… beer?

•°oO *foam* *alcohol smell* Oo°•

Oh then it's fine, my dull-hat can handle that, it's always soaked in some alcoholic drink — it's used to it.

…z…Z…Z...z…

.s[[][[[]][[]r.

[*knock*]

.s[][[][[]r. *pop*

[*knock*] 

.s[][]r.  *pop*

[*knock sounds*]

*pop*

Back to reality huh…

—— I open 1 eye.

A shiny silver hand.

—— I close my eye.

I want to get back to my dreamland, i am not old enough to leave that, not yet, not yet!

Let's continue from where we left off!

…z…Z-

[*knock knock knock knock sounds*]

"I know that you are awake, If you are listening then get going, head over to town 4, demons are on the move — order from the knights." said a frustrated voice.

—— I open 1 eye.

Shiny silver armoured figure, full armour, knocking on the table my head is resting on.

You are back again? didn't you say the same thing an hour ago?

Reality is such a pain so let me… continue my…

—— I close my eye.

[*Johannes Brahms - lullaby bg STOP*]

[*KNOCK*]

"D-O"

.

[*KNOCK*]

"Y-O-U"

.

[*KNOCK*]

 "H-E-A-R"

.

[*KNOCK*]

"M-E?"

.

^asked the figure.

[*table slightly shaken sounds*]

[*Wooden mugs falling sound*]

The figure fixes his helmet.

"Hnn..." i said in a barely-awake state, head still on the table.

Go away. Let me sleep in my tavern. I heard you.

"...Also... no date of return is specified. Aaand if you stay here we don't guarantee your safety AT ALL. it's time to leave this place and move on. This place is totally ruined, how did you even MANAGE to stay here for so long? *Sniff Sniff* *cough* you smell that? *waves hand in front to get smell away* This place reeks of death, you hear me? of death! I am always worried if you died whenever i come back here for announcements. And what's with these mugs *kicks a mug*. You know what? this garbag- i mean tavern needs to be demolished, it's beyoONd repair! Every single worker you hired has left you now! And you are still not able to figure out why? Just leave this place and start some other business, you would do way better than this!" He stops his ranting and looks at me.

…z…Z…Z…z…I…am…definitely…sleeping…and…not…listening…to…you…so…go…away…

He fixes his helmet and regains composure.

"Oh well, not like it matters to me. I will get going. If you still plan on staying here, go ahead and die, i don't care, my job is to announce, not drag people around against their will. Hmph!" said a bold male voice, relieved that he can finally leave, or angry that i didn't listen to him, or both.

He corrects his helmet again, and walks away.

[*heavy footsteps fade away*]

[*heavy footsteps bump into wooden mugs*]

[*mug kicked sfx*]

"…There goes my lax style of living..." I thought to myself.

—— I open my mouth and inhale.

.

.…

.

…..

.

…… *breathe hold*

.

……

.

……

.

[*yawn sfx*]

…… *exhale*

…..

….

My head —

it hurts.

...

Hangover — again, perfect way to start the day, getting yelled at by the announcer made it even better, maybe i *should* move to town 4, they should be stocked with better drinks as well.

So what's the reality like for me?

Wooden bed + a mattress stuffed with feathers? No, it's a wooden chair.

—— I grabbed my dull brown hat, soaked in beer, put it on my head, head still on the table.

A soft feathery pillow? No, it's a wooden table.

[*faraway kick sounds*]

[*creaky door opening and closing sfx*]

A perfect brick ceiling? No, it's a broken wooden roof.

"The knight went away huh… Time to get up." I said to myself so that the audience knows who left.

A glamorous marble floor? No, it's a broken wooden floor.

—— I stood up.

[*chair crashes into mugs sfx*]

"Mornin' all."

No one around here of course.

This place has very dim lighting, only the broken or patched roof and windows let some light in — just barely enough to see.

[*walking with old boot sounds*]

[*old boots hitting wooden mugs sound*]

[*room's creaky door opening*]

[*creaky door breaks and falls*]

[*creaky door bumps into mugs*]

—— I lift the door and keep it standing by the wall.

By the way —

Not the main character here, i am the tavern-owner — if you couldn't figure it out yet.

[*walking with old boots sound*]

[*mugs rolling sfx*]

Why switch point of views? no point in asking me, maybe i will clarify some boring story related elements which the main character can't yet, or i will act as an important character later on — nothing is decided yet, the writer is very unorganized and unplanned, story depends on the mood.

Hey! i am only here for HALF this chapter okay? So beer, i mean, bear with me.

[*opening a locker sounds*]

—— picked up a few bottles from a set of bottles kept in the locker, stuck it in my loose shirt somehow. bu bai my other bottles, i will see you again, someday, if fate has it. I thought while patting the bottles I can't take with me.

The demons got active, people went out less, less people is less business.

But no one is here today — or been here for a week.

Not even a single soul — other than me and that announcer knight. Everyone has left the tavern except for me. I stayed here till the end.

Well we saw it coming, this "evacuation" was bound to happen someday — that said, they are just making people move to nearby towns. 

Can the people survive? If they won't die by the hands of demons, then the lack of money and job might make them as good as dead while they are alive.

The fact that the knights can't do anything at all about the demons is a bit scary, they are low on capable knights, anyone even slightly skilled is being hired — chances of my return look very slim now… maybe this place won't even exist when i am back? hnn… i will miss this place for sure.

[*locker closing sounds*]

"oUch.." I made an i-am-hurt noise.

My hand got cut by this locker, maybe not returning here is better — this is a ramshackle tavern now. I really need to move on.

[*blood drop sounds*]

That said, i can't return back to my older business either, i am not in the shape to do so.

[*walking with old boots sounds*]

[*mugs rolling sound*]

—— I grab a cloth at the counter.

[*tearing cloth sfx*]

I used to be the daughter of a king, but my mother, father, dad, mom, son, high school friend, uncle all you can think of were brutally murdered by yakuza, and enemy kingdom, since then i have been wanting to take revenge and-

What? Not my lines? Well i was drunk and i just woke up only to get yelled at, so don't blame me.

…Err what was i again…. 

[*turning pages sfx*]

...yes.

i am the mooost useless person of the society, a NEET- No ….

[*blood drops continue*]

I was a rich noble that was racist and hated the poor so- Wait no, hmm.

A slave trader that captured demi-humans.… Nope.

A vampire that shines. noo noo No.

[*turning pages sfx*]

I used to be an assassin, a really skilled one — but that was years back, i was skilled enough so no traces are left behind of me anymore.

Wait that's it?

The previous ones were way better!!

blood : notice me senpai!

—— fine FINE, I wrap the cloth around the place i was cut.

*ahem*

Then i opened up this tavern and it payed off well, I stayed here — sleep anytime, drink anytime, do anything anytime and no one minds it. I had a lot of fun in this tavern when it was in its youth.

But look at the old tavern now, some demons appear and everyone disappears?

— Cowards.

They all leave it just like that? Because no one maintained it — i am not good at maintaining anything — the tavern is now like this; the workers who maintained it are no longer here because the business died.

Oh yeah, i should also take my money and clothes, i might need them as well, how will i buy more bottles and keep them with me otherwise — maybe i will look like a decent lady too if i dress up better?

[*walking with old boots sfx*]

[*mugs hit sfx*]

—— i will take my lot-of money, i will take my few-of clothes. dump them in this big fat bag which happened to be kept here so that i can pack up faster… This bag is too small for me to add all my bottles as well sadly, maybe i will remove some clothes… and put the bottles… Hmm, i can fit in a few bottles now, but i don't have a change of clothes anymore…  Well who cares about being a decent lady *shrug*.

Going off to town 4 seems like a pain, we- i mean, i might manage to earn there at least, i have enough fortune to be capable of opening some store there.

Town 4 is a town so more people are close by — we may no longer be the gathering center though, i will definitely miss this tavern.

Reminds me, doesn't that place have the guild? do more people stay there? i guess i will have to find out.

But you know, i just can't get over this tavern and make a new store. This tavern was my soulmate.

I was loyal to this place, this tavern was built exactly how i wanted it to be — some people questioned the design but you know? Behind every successful thing, there are plenty of people who criticize it? I ignored them all.

Why am i alone you ask? Where are the other workers you ask? I don't know about their whereabouts but like i said, since this place has been dead empty for weeks meaning no customers, and the demons are wreaking a havoc meaning no safety, they don't bother coming here — only i stay here, drunk all day.

Just me, and this tavern.

Oh right, i might meet the chef i hired there, wasn't he in town 4?

So let's see… For the story's convenience i have already packed up everything, all information was conveyed, Now move out and place your hand — wait sorry, was not supposed to read this, forget this paragraph.

Good.

Let's move out.

Farewell tavern, I will never forget you tavern, i won't cheat on you and make out another store, tavern.

My head … 

—— i placed one hand on my head as i moved — it hurts.

[*more mugs hit sound*]

I tried to open the door but it won't budge.

*sigh*

[*kick sound*]

I kick the door.

[*kick sounds*]

i kick it again, and again.

[*creaky door opening*]

Finally it opened — yes i am not going to be back here, ever, repairing this thing will be costly.

My loyalty for this tavern, my love for this tavern, all is over now.

Tavern, we are done.

It was good while it lasted.

I won't forget you, but i won't be coming back either.

I step out of the tavern, ready to lock it, with all my stuff packed, ready to hop onto a horse and go off — wait what? i was an assassin so i moved on foot?? I HATE my backstory!!!! AND my current story too!!!!!!

*ahem ahem*

But then this...

This ...thing came — more like appeared.

It's NOT my lucky day today...

"So... this is the tavern."

[*Monster breathing sfx*]

A human… no, it has many hands, squishy hands.

[*slimy squeeze sfx*]

Am i still drunk? No i am not, pretty sure.

Am i getting too old? Hope not, besides i am still young at heart.

—— i rub my eyes

*   rub

rub

    rub*

I squint my eyes.

Demon attack was it? Can't guarantee my safety if i stay here was it? Well no one told me i will be meeting them this soon. My script doesn't have this, Hey Hey writer! isn't something wrong here!?

[*All-hope-lost bg*]

"We were so close to death, it was terrifying, i beg of you, don't do it again, please! spare me!!" Said a child in it's… grip? with a horrified expression — a hostage? It's begging for it to stop.

"yes yes YES! we finally got somewhere, That was fun, and so fast WHAHAHAHA." said another child it was holding — a possessed hostage? it had a very demonic laugh too.

I am not a coward — but i am not strong enough to fight demons anymore.

Not strong demons like this one.

It's wearing beginner adventurer clothes — trying to blend in with the humans to attack? Has children as hostages in it's ...things — it knows hostage priority. It can speak as well — intelligent. It's trying to posses hostages in case of failure — quite a strategist. Also it's fast, it appeared out of no where.

It's definitely something strong.

While i was busy 'admiring' its looks — It noticed me.

Why was i still standing here, have i gone senile.

"Oh…? are you someone who works here…?" spoke the creature, in a heavy evil voice.

[*slimy noises*]

Something… 

Something came out of its middle.

it's growing,

bigger,

Bigger,

BIGGER,

it got divided — no it split. 

[*intense slimy noises*]

It became a...

[*gatcha roll sfx*]

…hand?

[*Ting Ting Ting! sfx*]

What is it trying to do? Will it choke me to death?

"GreEEtings, [*slimy sounds*] i am the main character...[*Sqee*] And... i am an ally..." It spoke.

The abomination which it grew started wriggling as it spoke.

What IS this hideous monstrosity.

Ally? I am no fool. It's written all over your fac-… hands that you aren't an ally. Your trick to blend in fails.

"You see… we are looking for something to eat." It spoke.

Sorry, we have been out of business so everything has got rotten, only some alcoholic drinks are fine there.

"If you have anything… that would be great..." it spoke.

I don't have anything... What do demons eat anyway? don't they feed on humans? Wait no, not every demon… right? So alcohol counts?

"Anything is fine by me… it… "

It stared at me from head to toe.

"-just has to be edible..." It added, and its eyes stared into my soul.

[*Monster breathing sfx*]

"anything…" It clarified — while gazing at me.

[*Mouth water dripping sfx*]

It wants to eat me?

It licked its lips.

[*slurp sfx*]

It wants to eat me.

No time to lock the door, why am i even locking it? what's in there to protect? i don't plan to come back, My relation with the tavern is already over. Fate doesn't wants to bring me and the remaining bottles back together either it seems.

We both need to look for someone better now, farewell tavern — maybe this demon will keep you in a better shape.

The children may be its hostages but i was an assassin so i am going to hell regardless, i won't help them — i will escape, alone.

I just have to reach town 4, and i will be safe, the knights guarantee it — if i die while in town 4, i am taking that announcer with me to hell.

But how do i escape right now?

[*Video pause sfx*]

[*commercial sfx*]

[*low quality audio*]

Do you keep running into hideous demons with multiple hands that carry children and want to eat you right when you get out of your tavern?

Are you frustrated with your bad luck that makes you run into hideous demons with multiple hands that carry children and want to eat you right when you get out of your tavern?

Do you need a way to get out of ANY bad encounter that's like meeting hideous demons with multiple hands that carry children and want to eat you right when you get out of your tavern?

For such situations, we have just the thing for you!

[*We-have-just-the-thing-for-you style sfx*]

Presenting tavern-owner's trump card.

[*Video play sfx*]

[*high quality audio*]

[*Final-Battle-Hero-Special-move bg*]

I will have to use my trump card — there is no other choice.

Everything… everything depends on this!!

This is my last resort.

My whole life flashed before my eyes ...

[*deep breathe sfx*]

This... This will decide everything!

I pointed at the sky.

BEHOLD MY TRUMP CARD —

"look... something's flying…" i said with an innocent poker face.

All of them looked up.

Chance!

<"Stealth", "dash", "swift", "light-steps" has activated>

- - -

[*Relaxed field bg*]

I looked into the sky.

Cloud.

[*Curious young breathing sounds*]

i moved my head.

Cloud.

[*Really intense staring young breathing sounds*]

I moved my head.

Sun.

[*Hot vaporize sfx*]

AAAAA!!!! my eyes!! my EYES!!!!!!! This bright little ball of gas and plasma!! AAAAA…!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ka yo, shee ayehin?" asked female kid 2 — don't speak if your tongue hurts.

"I don't see anything…" said male kid 1.

"don't see…" added male kid 2.

"I don't either… i am sure… What about you?" said and asked female kid 3.

"Nope, nothing at all." Replied female kid 1 — she finally replied.

I looked at the lady again.

"I don't see-…" I was about to say but —

No one is here.

[*Tumbleweed*]

"…- anything either." I finished my sentence because hey, the kids are listening to me? right?

Did she go inside? For cooking the meal? Because there is no way she can go to other places.

She didn't even did the handshake — maybe the people in this world don't do it?

Anyway.

Let's move in — I entered inside.

[*Windblows sfx*]

[*creaky door noises*]

[*creaky door loud SHUT SFX*]

The door closed? but it wasn't windy in the last chapter? where did the consistency go?

[*Horror bg*]

It's a dark place, very less light comes inside — that too, from a broken window and some small holes in the roof.

Everything is wooden, lots of wooden mugs are on the floor, rolling around.

Some mugs have a handle,

some mugs have a different handle,

and some mugs…

don't have a handle — 

[*dramatic sfx*]

they are rolling around, just moving on the ground… aimlessly bumping into things…

Anyways, since we are inside a creepy place, might as well leave the kids for now.

— i un-grabbed the kids.

My weird soft hands vanished.

"you guys have a seat somewhere." I told the kids.

They looked unhappy, well this place sure is a bit scary because it's so quiet and run-down.

Or wait, is it because i am no longer carrying them? Well i won't carry you all forever.

"Say, wouldn't going to the town be a better idea than this?…this place doesn't feels too good." Asked male kid 1 — while gazing at the rolling cups.

[*dark suspense sfx*]

"Kan yu, coo?" Asked female kid 2.

That tongue is recovering faster than i expected.

"cook… is what she meant i think… or what did you say again?" clarified… or tried to, female kid 3.

"Mhm" Nodded female kid 2.

I knelt down.

Put my real hands on male kid 1's shoulders, smiled with a it-will-be-alright feeling.

"Well, getting inside the town might take time… even if i posses the power that basically teleports me to any place that i can see — there is no way an intelligent person like me can get into it so easily and fast.

And also, finding a better place than this ancient ruin, which makes it feel like eating poisonous mushrooms from a forest is a luxury when compared to staying here — will definitely take more time.

So we will just stay here for now. Actually, let me go and find that lady all alone and leave you all totally unguarded because what's the worse that could happen, stay strong." I comforted them.

I got up.

"Alright then… we totally don't disagree……we…WE whole-heartedly support your judicious decision." Said male kid 1.

"We support..!" added male kid 2.

"Mhm *nod* , that's the spirit" I said cheerfully with my eyes compressed, making a (^^) face.

[*multiple young walking sounds*]

[*multiple mugs being hit sfx*]

The kids went ahead to have a seat.

…Now that lady, where is she?

I looked around.

This is quite a weird tavern, well i don't know how taverns are that well — but this place has got multiple rooms? While i say rooms, but they are just separated by a half-my-height wooden planks.

No idea what the planks are there for.

I thought taverns had one single big empty area.

I looked around and-

Oh, a dark and shady corridor — i should totally go inside.

[*ooooohhh chorus singing*]

I went inside the corridor.

[*average weight walking noises reverberating*]

[*mugs being hit + reverb sfx*]

Why are so many wooden mugs here.

*   footsteps + reverb

footsteps *mug hit* + reverb

    footsteps + reverb*

….

The corridor ends, and i think i just came across the kitchen here.

This tavern's design is confusing, why is the kitchen so far? That's really inefficient, and the ventilation needs a lot of work.

Well the corridor is a straight path so at least no one would get lost — not even an Elf, even on purpose.

No other rooms attached to the corridor either — i remember walking into a corridor at my friend's place, it was filled with doors.

Now the bigger issue — 

No one is in the kitchen.

[*dramatic sfx*]

Did that lady abandon us? — but i didn't notice anyone going away, it's such a wide and open field outside, no way i could have missed an assumed-perfectly-normal person of a fantasy-world-that-doesn't-follow-common-sense like her.

Or maybe she was not a worker? Then why not just say so.

She didn't greeted us either, probably just some last drunk customer they didn't bother waking up and taking to town 4 then, so we arrived late huh…

Covered in smell of weird drinks, carrying bottles all around her, an old soaked hat, shabby shirt, shabby pants and a shabby jacket, with a big fat bag — wait that's totally a drunkard, or a thief, a drunk thief?

I just got scammed.

I feel betrayed again.

Does that mean, we won't get anything to eat here? Well i guess... we will just head over to town 4 then.

*   footstep *kick mug + reverb*

footste- *

Wait a second…

I think…

I think i just found my calling...

[*Hero Awakening bg*]

At that moment, i had realized what i was destined to do.

I felt the passion burning inside of me.

My eyes opened wide in astonishment, they had a renewed glimmer which can be seen inside them.

God said do whatever.

So i choose to cook and waste many chapters doing that.

I turned back and headed inside the kitchen.

I couldn't cook in previous life, in fact i have never cooked at all in both of my lives. Ordering from somewhere was what i did, or mom.

But right now —

Even if the demons are taking over this planet,

Even if i have great battle prowess that could save a lot of lives,

Even if i barely know any vegetable,

Even if i can get a harem if i adventure,

Even if i need to head to the guild,

Even if this isn't a cooking story,

I will cook.

I will cook till the day i die, this is how it was meant to be.

my side 1 : cook and make us all proud.

my side 2 : there is no greater joy than watching you grow as a cook.

my side 3 : *sob sob* You have finally shown signs of a potential typical isekai main character.

All my sides have agreed, they have become one.

I have finally become enlightened.

…with that said,

[*Hero Awakening bg STOP*]

…how do i cook?

Are there any vegetables here? or anything? What was it called? meat? Did they take everything with them?

I really need appraisal.

Actually i should have it, no way that it is a legendary or higher skill.

[*Wild hand swinging noises*]

[*Wooden door hit sound*]

"AAaa" my real left hand #@?&$!!!

[*Wooden door falls sound*]

"AAaa" my real left foot #$?&@!!!

[*Wooden door crush main character's foot sfx*]

[*mug gets hit and rolls sfx*]

* * * * * *

Name : main character

Age : 000:00:00:07:40:21

HP : 999,999,999,999,997

MP : 999,999,999,942,532

Str : 999,999

Vit : 999,999

Agi : 999,999

Dex : 999,999

* * * * * *

Skills: [Insert 60,057 skill names here]

* * * * * *

Equipment : Mythical Shirt (disguised), Mythical Trouser (disguised).

* * * * * *

Never open menu near a door.

Also where is pain nullification?

Anyway.

Now let's go through these, are these sorted by the letters?

hmm

Seems like they are sorted according to the letters.

So okay… _, no, 1, no, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 no no NO.

+,-,(,) Nope

A, yes, 

Ab, Ac Ad, Ae,…hmm

…Am, An, Ao, Ap, yes

Apa, apb,…. app, yes

Appraisal…

Appraisal…

Appraisal…

- - -

"Seriously though, first abandoned by parents, then abandoned by that orphanage-dude, now we have this guy who will do, who knows what with us?" said Male kid 1 with an annoyed tone, while carefully observing the place around.

Female kid 2 plays drums on wooden table with fingers.

[*kknknock sfx*]

"Oh, my parents sort of died you know… i wasn't abandoned really... i think." Said female kid 3.

[*knoknknock sfx*]

" *sigh* if no one else in your whole blood relation takes you in, you are as good as abandoned." Replied female kid 1.

[*knkkock sfx*]

"That might be true… to an extent." Answered female kid 3.

[*kkknknock sfx*]

"No no nO! That's not what i wanted to bring up, think of the future!" Said male kid 1 while standing up, hitting the table with both of his hands.

[*wooden mug on table shakes and falls sfx*]

"Well we are going to town 4 aren't we? If we get some orphanage there, we can just stay in it for a few years, then leave and sign up in the guild and maybe find some cheap inn. We shouldn't expect any stable jobs, guilds are what we can have." Said female kid 1.

Female kid 2 and male kid 2 notice the rolling mug.

"What was the minimum age requirement…? wasn't it 15 or something for most guilds….? i don't really remember..." added female kid 3.

mug : *rolls into another room or partition or whatever*

"But until we become 15… this will be hard." Said male kid 1, he sits now.

"We can't lie either, they will catch us with appraisal based stones, but apparently, no one has our age information, our identity cards and all other info was just with the previous orphanage-dude. We can try convincing them by looking older — they won't use stones as they cost a lot, if they are convinced that is. Even if we fail to convince them, i believe some guilds DO keep children in training and make them do basic tasks." Briefed female kid 1.

"…Hmm, That's too good to be true, But i wonder what type of guild to join, adventurer's guild would be in a crisis with this demon thing going on at present, and these kinds of things usually last very long — even if it doesn't, something else is surely going to come up." Said male kid 1.

"AAaa…" A distant voice of main character is heard.

*thud*

"AAaa…" Again.

"Wa- wasn't th-that the guy who carried us' voice…?" Said male kid 1, trembling.

"I…think so… most probably… what do you think…?" added female kid 3, worried, and fidgeting.

female kid 1 looked at both of them.

" *sigh* I will go and find him, because going alone and separating from the group is a wise decision." Said female kid 1, getting up.

[*mugs roll*]

"Oh? really? you will do something for real? that's unlike you." Said male kid 1.

"How rude, you make it sound like i don't do anything, besides who else will-, or rather, who else *can* go?" replied female kid 1.

"Well i could have gone as well…" Said male kid 1, looking away.

"You only talk big..." Said female kid 1, and started going towards the corridor.

[*mugs hit sfx*]

"I C-CAN go, okay?" Answered male kid 1, he gets up.

[*mugs get hit and roll*]

Male kid 1 looks at the pitch black corridor.

[*Suspense sfx + Ghost whisper sfx*]

"-But since you insist on going, i will let you do it this time." continued male kid 1.

"Well since you are itching to do something, how about you find out where the other 2 of us went?" Said female kid 1 with a smirk.

"what" Male kid 1 said and turned around.

[*dashed-outline-of-where-they-were-supposed-to-be blinks sfx*]

[*sudden suspense sfx*]

"WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THEY?!?" male kid 1 said in panic.

"Well good luck finding them." Said female kid 1

"Female kid 3, you look there and i will-" male kid 1 was saying but-

"i will be going with female kid 3 to look after the main character, okay? see ya!" said female kid 1, wrapping her hands around female kid 3 and taking her to the dark corridor, looking back at male kid 1 with a greater smirk.

[*mugs roll*]

"eh? no NOOO!! WAIT!!!!" Shouted male kid 1.

Male kid 1 tries to catch female kid 3, but trips over a mug and falls.

[*sad violin bg*]

*stage light highlights Male kid 1*

"Don't leave me like this! Weren't you going all alone? How did i end up all alone instead?!?" Begged male kid 1, with teary eyes — trying to reach out to them with 1 hand stretched.

"Wha-… well… looks like i will be going then… i guess… don't feel bad okay...? we will be back kinda soon …i hope... If things work out that is…" Said female kid 3 with a crooked smile.

They both get swallowed by the seemingly endless darkness of the corridor.

"BWAHAHAHHAhahaha.h.a.h.a..a...." female kid 1's laughter is heard — which slowly fades away.… And some mug hits reverberating can be heard.

Male kid 1's stretched hand falls onto floor.

[*Mug hit by hand and roll sfx*]

Narrator : Will the main character really cook something?

Will appraisal work?

Will Female kid 1 and Female kid 3 find the main character?

Will Male kid 1 find Female kid 2 and Male kid 2?

Find out, in the next chapter of, [Main title goes here]!

[*curtains sfx+vfx*]

0