ch-7
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aye!!!!!!! This starting scene is a serious and depressing scene reader!!!!!!! I am sure you will be crying more than you cried for global warming by the end of it!!!!!!! So proceed with precaution my brave hero!!!!!!! and don't cryyyy!!!!!!! Also this chapter turned out pretty big :( can you handle big things??????? How good are you??????? Today is the day to find out!!!!!!! Comment down below and let some-strangers-who-don't-care-about-that know how many times you got distracted. Like, share, subscribe and hit that bell icon. Buy my non-existent merch at www.example.com an-

[*Force cut sfx*]

[*Movie start sound*]

Just like something-relatable-to-the-next-phrase, the orange sun peeks from behind the horizon — if you couldn't figure it out, I will spell it out for you, it is sunset.

[*shady noises*]

A shady man in shady clothes, in a shady place with shady mEn doing shady things could be seen.

That shady man, whose description is literally above, holds a cigar between his index finger and thumb because that's how he wanted to hold it, then he places it in his mouth — we all know why, he wanted to smoke it.

One of the shady mEn, runs towards the shady man, with a loooNG lit matchstick, and lights the cigar while the shady man rotates the cigar-

*puff smokesmokesmoke

     puff smokesmokesmoke

puff smokesmokesmoke*

Why rotate? because this is how a cigar is lighted up — or so the websites I visited said.

[*one-of-the-shady-mEn-who-was-lighting-the-cigar-goes-back-to-his-position sound*]

With all that scene development over, let's proceed to some story — or whatever you would call it.

[*crOw noises*]

[*wind blow sfx*]

"fhhhh.h…h…..h….…" *exhale*

[*smokesmokesmokesmoke vfx*]

The shady man exhales, exhales like this *was* the most satisfactory day of his life — but is no more.

And just like any other story which you would have read, I will soon disclose what this previous paragraph meant — and if you haven't read any other story, please don't read this as your first.

The shady man's gaze could be traced to an innocent trembling man — surrounded by the shady mEn.

[*irregular breathing of innocent trembling man sfx*]

That innocent trembling man's description doesn't really matters because he will die, and I don't like spending time describing someone who will be dead — yes, he is not another isekai protagonist after all, nor will anyone save him, he was created to die.

But that innocent trembling man still speaks, perhaps, his last words? or just to add some feeling of depth to the story? Why does he speak? just die.

Well, It is to explain why he is innocent and trembling.

"I-i told yOu e-everything, i d-did everythiNg you w-wanted me to as well!! like any-other-guy-surrounded-by-bad-guys-eveR after getting a bit beaten up and threatened! N-now as yoU promised, you will let me and m-my fAmily go unscratched, just like any other bad-guy-who-threatened-someone d-Does!" He shouts desperately at the shady mEn and the shady man with a hoarse throat, sweating, quivering and all-other-similar-adjectives, perhaps, he hopes to be saved?

[*gulp sfx*]

[*crow noises*]

[*wind getting stronger sfx*]

That innocent trembling man looks at his family behind the shady mEn and the shady man, with tears rolling down his cheeks, perhaps, questioning where he went wrong? or maybe WHAT he should do now? who knows? and who cares? You will forget this scene the next month anyway.

[*children and his woman cry sfx*]

The mother hugs her children, tightly, covering their faces — as if looking at the shady mEn and the shady man will taint them.

She wants to run away, if not, then she at least wants her loved ones to be saved, because she is a typical non abusive and loving mother of medieval ages who would kill herself to save her children and those children later revenge her death or become evil themselves.

[*innocent trembling man hit sfx*]

[*blood drops fall on ground sfx*]

"gfu-" painful noise by innocent trembling man.

Some random shady mEn hits him for whatever reason.

[*Woman sob sfx*]

The woman has shut her eyes, she can NOT bear to perceive her beloved husband in this condition anymore.

She felt helpless — because you wouldn't have guessed she did if i didn't mentioned it.

The shady man takes out the cigar which he literally stuck into his mouth a while back, perhaps, to speak? Why else?

The shady man moves closer to the innocent trembling man — blocking his view to his lovely family, and making everything appear more sad and deep.

The shady man bends forward.

The shady man's face gets closer to the innocent trembling man's face.

"FOoo..o….o……o……..h…………."

*   smOKESMOke

smOKESMOKESMoke

     smOKESMOke*

[*cough cough sfx*]

Coughed the innocent trembling man, his heart beating more rapidly, not because he felt some sort of a weird pleasure from the smoke or being hit, but because he was anxious — of what these people would do to him, and his family.

"You see, we are some bad guys that will show up later on — like in a few chapters. And we have to appear evil, we are mad at you for something that will ruin our plans… so-" The shady man was saying but was interrupted by the innocent trembling man, perhaps, so that he can defend himself? Or to just add some drama?

"I-i-i am interrupting you to appear more desperate and give hints about what i d-did, because that was the p-point of this scene!! The knights and the adventurers were moving from town 1,2,3 to towns 4,5,6! and also strengthening the security forces around town 7,8,9!!!"

The shady man stands straight, his face moves at a socially acceptable distance from the innocent trembling man.

The innocent trembling man continues-

"You all were planning to attack town 7, and bribed me to take the forces away from town 7, since I was in the important group that made this decision, I could have done that easily, I only failed because- GaAh"

[*Innocent trembling man hit sfx*]

Some random shady mEn punches him and stops the innocent trembling man from leaking out too much information to the audience and successful hiding writer's unplanned plot.

"-But you failed to make that happen, which makes us mad, you know…? You might have tried, but success matters…" The shady man says, in a calm and composed manner.

[*shady move sounds*]

The shady man turns his back towards the innocent trembling man to appear like a big shot and continues-

[*Evil bg*]

"Since we are the bad guys, and we have to maintain our cruel image, we will kill you and your family now, no hard feelings please… blame the writer, writer is the one who adds sadness, writer is the one who adds joy...".

The shady man walks away as if he said something really deep and philosophical.

[*Shady walking noises*]

He puts the cigar in his mouth, because keeping it in his hand while it is lighted would be boring, and he appears more relaxed that way.

[*puff sfx*]

[*smoke vfx*]

"no… wai-wait… this- it can't be happen..ing…" says innocent trembling man, while trembling more, tears flooding his eye sockets — like a pipe with high pressure water inside it but it has a ball stuck in it's opening.

This paragraph is dedicated to make this scene appear sad and depressed, by mentioning some of the dreams his children had, or how he proposed to his wife, or what he himself had achieved, and how everything will end at such a point and all that.

"no n-nOO!!!! You will pay for this shady man! the writer will kill you!!!!!! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!!!!!! by the way, why do the shady mEn have a capital E? also were proper cigar even invented in medieval era? wouldn't pipes or something be bette - UghawaAA" said the innocent trembling man, perhaps, really his last words?

The innocent trembling man, trembles no more, was he reeaally innocent? Was he guilty? Who has the right to judge?

[*woman and children screaming sfx*]

They aren't some paralysed dumb dolls, so they scream and make various sad sounds.

"My husband!!!" screamed the woman.

"My daddy- i mean, my dad!" screamed the child.

"OUR dad!" screamed the other child reminding everyone of its existence.

[*slow shady extras move sfx*]

The shady mEn slowly walk towards the woman and children, like some emotionless robots who will just simply kill them without doing anything more to keep it pg-13 — with a gun or a sword or a spoon or whatever comes to your mind.

"no… NOOO!!! *sob* Think of the children!!!!PLEASE SPARE THE CHI-HILDRen *sob sob*." Begged the woman, while hugging her children even more tightly, not tight enough to suffocate them though.

"Mommy, why doesn't daddy- i mean, dad moves?" some sad line by some underdeveloped toddler this woman had covered, for sprinkling depression in this scene.

[*sad and desperate screams sfx*]

[*blood splitter splatter noises*]

[*puff puff sfx*]

[*smoke smoke vfx*]

"Knights are busy with the other towns..." the shady man says while rubbing his chin and ignoring the gore in the background, again, to keep it pg-13.

"let's strike town 10 then. hmhmhmhm…. hahahaha, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" declared the shady man.

[*Shady evil laughter echoes*]

[*Evil bg gets louder*]

- - -

Meanwhile, so that we don't forget the main character just like the other characters so far —

[*desperate bg*]

WHY!!!!!

WHO in their right mind thought this was a good idea??!

* * * * * *

Name : Appraisal

Status : Disabled

* * * * * *

WHAT do you mean by DISABLED?!??

WHY is this disabled by default?!? This won't even give me free parking anywhere!!!

And NOW I have to RANT like a TYPICAL Protagonist BECAUSE OF THIS??!? GIVE ME A BETTER REASON!!!!

[*Wild hand swinging noises*]

come on.

Come on!

COME ON!

I have a big brain and i believe this hand swing will work.

[*Wall hit sfx*]

"AAaa" my… @#$&!!!

[*tu du ti sfx*]

* * * * * *

Name : Appraisal

Status : Active

* * * * * *

"oh yes, OH YESS !!! OOHHY YEAHS!! OAHHAHAHA YEEAHHHHAhhhnnn"

[*mug rolls sfx + reverb*]

[*suspense sound*]

[*jiii— Japanese stare sfx.*]

[*じー if you really prefer the Japanese version*]

I felt something, glaring at me like any other healthy person does, when they are glared upon.

I shifted to my ready-to-fight pose, and faced my fears like an independent woman who needs no pepper spray —

[*dramatic sfx*]

I saw Female kid 1 and Female kid 3 staring at me with concern.

*sigh* it's just them, that was a cliché now — I unshifted, from that deadly pose to my average low-budget render pose.

"Oh uh, the lady went to the restroom or some void from where she can no longer return, I don't know why i am hiding it but whatever, so i think i will be cooking for the first time today. Please be gentle with me." I answered, like any other responsibile adult.

"We heard you screaming desperately for help, so we came..." Answered Female kid 1 like any other childish kid.

Oh right, time to try out appraisal —

[*Great power release sfx*]

[*Intense staring at the kids sfx*]

* * * * * *

Name : Female kid 3

Age : 010:05:23:04:20:19

HP : 123

MP : 12

Str : 3

Vit : 4

Agi : 5

Dex : 6

* * * * * *

Skills: [Insert 4 skill names here]

* * * * * *

Equipment : Was mentioned in some previous chapter, go and read there.

* * * * * *

"No lady…?…i think we should just go to town 4 then… or-" Female kid 3 was saying but then she notices the main character OGling at her.

— A stare that can become a child's trauma, and an adult's nightmare.

"AH, ah- *gulp* i mean… youSeem more thanAlright…. so er... *covers herself with her hands* g-guess we will go back… *sweating* youCanContinueWhateverYouWereDoing, weWon'tTellAnyone, weWon'tInterfER- " spoke female kid 3 rapidly, running away-

[*mugs hit sfx + reverb*]

*Fotsep

    ftosep

foo- *force stop* *

[*young cloth grab sfx*]

Female kid 1 grabs Female kid 3's frilly clothes before she could run away — because otherwise we would have to split into 3 points of view.

"-you said you will cook?" asked Female kid 1, facing main character, stopping female kid 3 from moving out and heading back to male kid 1.

"Eh-h?" female kid 3 made a why-are-you-doing-this noise, and turned her head to face Female kid 1.

[*snort sfx*]

[*I-am-a-narcissist sfx*]

"Yes, i will create a masterpiece which this fantasy world people will definitely have to like. They are so bad at cooking themselves, and i will feed them such food that their lowly selfs could not even dream of!!! They have to like it!!!! They MUST like it!!!!!" I answered boldly with a hit on my chest like a real man — then proceeded to leer at Female kid 1.

* * * * * *

Name : Female kid 1

Age : 013:10:09:11:04:20

HP : 401

MP : 104

Str : 34

Vit : 33

Agi : 32

Dex : 31

* * * * * *

Skills: [Insert 7 skill names here]

* * * * * *

Equipment : Same as previous kid, with some variation maybe.

* * * * * *

"Then… *evil smirk* how about we help you out?" asked Female kid 1, not afraid of main character's gawking because that's her character.

"EHH!?" Exclaimed Female kid 3, while also secretly admiring Female kid 1's bravery as she stood fearlessly in front of the main character's death gaze.

"[Your Greeting] Thank you for your email. Your message is important  to (Us/Me) and (I/We) will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks!

[Your Name]" I said, like an email's auto reply, because i was busy looking at her specs.

"That means, yes we can help. Great!" main character's words were remixed by Female kid 1 to her favour.

And why is the 3rd person narrator, suddenly getting active and messing with my 1st person view? Go focus on Male kid 1 or something.

"EEHH?!? At least let me go ! i don't want to be here anymore i wi-" EXclaimed Female kid 3.

- - -

[*silence bg*]

*stage light focus on male kid 1*

~~with his hand by his cheek, to amplify the words he utter.

"w-w--h--e--r--e~  a--r--e~  y--o--u~   a--a---a--l--l--l--l--l~  …?" whispered male kid 1.

now sitting — in the same place they left him, because continuing from where you left is a thing.

"f--e--m--a--l--e~  k--i--d~  t--w--o--o--o--o~…?" he faced his right.

.. .

— surrounded by darkness —

"m-m--a--l--e~  k--i--d~  t--w--o--o--o--o~…?" he faced his left.

. ..

— darkness of the tavern, and darkness of his mind — fear surrounded him.

w-where are they… 'l||

he thought with some-sad-and-worried-adjective … on the verge of breaking-down/giving-up.

he wants to find them, but he doesn't wants to wake up any unwanted creature from its slumber — so he whispers.

[*young scared walking noises*]

he finally starts walking — because we can't proceed in the story if he doesn't moves.

sloooowly, steeeæaaadily…

no mugs should rooooll……

noooonnne of them even accidentally………

...where did they both strooooll…………

[*young scared walking noise aStop*]

[*faraway mug fall sfx*] *echo*

[*…f a r a w a y  m u g  f a l l  s f x*]

[*……f  a  r  a  w  a  y    m  u  g    f  a  l  l    s  f  x*]

some distant rebellious mug, to his dismay, makes a noise — which isn't due to male kid 1's actions.

[*horror suspense bg*]

*stage light flickers*

"a-a--r--e~    y--o--u~   b--b, *gulp* b-b--o--t--h~   t--h--e--e--r--e~  ..?" he whispered.

sloooowly, steeeæaaadily…

he goes there…... sweating.

— a plank?

b-behind it?

w-what is behind, waiting?

p-please b-be them.

pleasebethempleasebethempleasebethempleasedonteatmepleasebethempleasebethem — he repeats, or prays, in his mind. while approaching-

-the plank.

a shadow is there.

it's coming here.

It's Coming Here.

IT'S COMING HERE.

[*MuGs HiT sfx*]

GAAAH, SLOW and STEADY?

NO TIME, NOTIME NOT TIEM TNOTJEM.

[*trips over a mug and falls sfx*]

"I-I will be a responsible kid from now on, so please don't eat me!"

[*horror suspense bg gets LOUDER*]

he shuts his eyes tightly, grits his teeth — you know, any scared person who accepts death is like this? you have seen this before, you know what i am talking about.

[*horror suspense bg aSTOP*]

"ca you," a sweet voice is heard, unlike his expectations.

"be responziple?"

"eh?" He opens his eyes.

he turns around and sees Female kid 2.

Her head tilts sideways in confusion.

[*Heartwarming bg*]

"hhaAA!!" Male kid 1 makes a sound filled with joy, relief clearly seen on his face, tears of joy etc etc.

-But wait,

[*Sudden suspense bg*]

"Where is Male kid 2??! Do you know where he is?" Male kid 1 asks in a hurry, his joy-time was up.

"Mhm." She nods, and walks — ignoring any additional drama/dialogues because this chapter is over 8k words already.

[*mugs hit sfx*]

He gets up, dusts himself off.

— and he follows her like any other normal sane person would.

[*mugs hit sfx*]

- - -

* * * * * *

Name : Disgusting Utensil

Type : Dirty

Manufacturer : N0_on3_1mp0rt4nt

* * * * * *

*sigh* i have lost all hope at this point, not a single thing is usable here...

^That was expected but i have to act it out anyway…

Maybe my dreams aren't meant to come true, i can't reach guild, no harem so far, can't even cook, no idea how skills work properly either…

What is life, what is death, what is reincarnation, what is transmigration… is there any point to this — is this just an illusion? Will i suddenly wake up and realize this was a dream? Will i suddenly realize my reason for being here was not cooking? or w-

[*Young Rustle Rustle sfx*]

"How about this? it's not dirty at least…" asked Female kid 1, showing off a big cauldron — she found something a grown up like me couldn't, this whippersnapper is amazing!!

* * * * * *

Name : Cauldron

Type : Rare

Manufacturer : <3Apple_Witch666<3

* * * * * *

A silver colo(u?)red, 53.14% of my height cauldron, which can fit both Female kid 1 and 2 inside it — it's pretty big.

Too good to be true for this place, i am definitely skeptical —

[*Average weight walking noises*]

[*mugs hit sfx*]

— But beggers can't be choosers, and there had to be some gold in this garbage, maybe we just found it.

I approach the cauldron.

cauldron : "ho? you are approaching me?"

I can't cook inside you without-

By the time this is published and someone reads it, this one would be dead, so let's not.

"You did a good job." i said, because she really did.

"o" dunno what this is but, said by Female kid 1.

Now…

[*Enthusiastic bg*]

Let's light this thing on fire!!!!!

i think that's how cooking is done.

you light a container on fire, throw everything inside, stir it, and it's done.

[*ENTHusiast.i..c   b…g    d…i……e*]

 — i really wish i had seen my mom cooking more right now… but i am a typical lead character, so i should nOt be nostalgic and forget everything about my past, as if i had some amnesia.

So let's begin,

[*metal rub sfx*]

I picked up the cauldron using one real hand, from the bottom.

[*FUUUUUUSSSHHHHHH*]

I used a fire spell that made my hand get covered in flames — of course i just know how to use it, i am the main character!

cauldron : aaaaaaa!!!!

Also, this whole place is wooden but it won't catch fire because we don't have some tragedy tag yet — and my death wasn't tragic, it was something we all had anticipated.

[*vapour sfx*]

There, the container is red hot now.

[*ClaClap CClap Clapp sfx*]

Both of them clapped.

"I… kinda don't know what to say but… wouldn't using like some convenient spell item, or like a stone… with a fire spell, or some magic device thingy… which every story has… be better? you will be able to move freely and nearly have one hand free too… sort of, it will also explain how non magic users cook, what do you say?" suggested Female kid 3 in an uncertain way.

" *sigh* I would say. This is convenient, you can carry the cauldron with you so, not bad." contrasting words by Female kid 1.

huh…

Anyway,

Next step should be, water? i think that's how it is done.

water water water water ….

Oh, there are some bottles.

It's so convenient when the place isn't described, i can just say 'there-it-is' and it will be there.

I walked over to the bottles with a giant red hot cauldron in one hand, covered in flames.

[*Mugs kick sfx*]

* * * * * *

Name : Cheap wine

Type : normal quality

manufacturer : N0_0n3_c4r3s

* * * * * *

Ara? Did my 'there-it-is' not work? Was this place defined before?

hmmHmmHMM…

Water is liquid,

Cheap Wine is liquid,

— Water is Cheap wine.

 [*Enlighten sfx*]

I tossed the bottles into the cauldron.

*Woop

      Whap

Whup*

The bottles break when they land in the cauldron, or as intellectuals say it — it's not the fall that breaks, the sudden stop.

[*crack crick cruck creck crock sfx*]

The cauldron is filled with Cheap wine now.

cauldron : oach oich ouch oech ooch

[*Claapap ClaClap Clapap sfx*]

"I… kinda don't know what to say but… how will you… like… take out the broken glass… from you know… inside of that? ...What do you say?" asked Female kid 3.

" *sigh* Why will you take it out…?" replied Female kid 1.

"That's right, you don't have to, it's like a fruit that just released it's juice, that's all." I clarified.

* * * * * *

Name : Old rotten disgusting veggie with insects

Type : Why even consider this

Manufacturer : 田GR34T_f4rm3r田

* * * * * *

"No but, it's like the coverings are inedible… kinda. i mean… we can't eat glass! Also, that's like… not safe for children, it definitely isn't, *sniff sniff* and that liquid smells weird…" argued Female kid 3.

Ignoring Female kid 3's valid argument, i walked over to the Old rotten disgusting veggie with insects, with a giant red hot cauldron in one hand, covered in flames and boiling hot wine — spilling out as i walk and burning everything it touches.

[*mugs burn sfx*]

[*mugs roll sfx*]

[*Young step back noises*]

They both stepped back.

[*mugs hit sfx*]

I picked up the vegetable — but before i could kick it inside like a brave spartan, i was stopped.

"Wait wait!! just… kinda… wait! like… wash it before you hurl it inside at least!" demanded Female kid 3.

I looked at the vegetable.

Worms crawling over it, weird gummy surface, holes everywhere — it's not bad, something is better than nothing.

"On second thought… maybe… don't use it-?" suggested Female kid 3.

"-Chop it."

— said Female kid 1.

"Okay, let me chop it then." I agreed.

"no-No…NO" said Female kid 3, but before she could do anything-

[*young cloth grab sfx*]

Female kid 1 grabs Female kid 3's frilly clothes.

"B-But we will… most probably fall sick if we eat that!" EXClaimed Female kid 3, with a worried look.

" *sigh* Boiling removes aalllll impurities. Besides, what liquid do we have left to wash it with?" comforted Female kid 1.

"B-But it's boiling in a weird liquid filled with glass shards ?!? and i am sure there are some other liquid around which are cleaner…!" EXCLaimed Female kid 3.

"Don't worry, I will chop it, everything will be fine. It will perfectly blend in with the glass shards." I added.

"That's not what i was worried about!!" Clarified Female kid 3, that was a bold line for her character, no stutter at least.

So now,

How do i chop it?

[*I-have-just-the-thing-for-this sfx*]

What do i have my squishy hands for?

[*Disgusting slimy noises*]

I got a squishy hand to hold that veggie.

Now that veggie had worms crawling over it, weird gummy surface, holes everywhere — AND an obnoxious slimy fluid all over it.

I picked up a knife with my normal hand.

"I… kinda don't know what to say but… why not… like just keep the cauldron or veggie down… somewhere… then cut it peacefully without extra hands...?" questioned Female kid 3, no longer asking Female kid 1 for her valuable feedback.

[*young cloth pull sfx*]

Female kid 1 pulls Female kid 3's frilly clothes.

" *sigh* If he puts down the cauldron, that would mean turning off the stove or the heat source; if he keeps the veggie down, can you imagine the dust and the amount of bad bacteria that will get stuck to it?" clarified Female kid 1.

"Yes" I agreed.

"But isn't that dirty… already… and it got more now…?" Female kid 3 says confused.

[*katana unsheathing sfx*]

[*Slash Slash… SLASHSLASHSLASLASLSLSSLASHHHSH sfx*]

The Veggie Appears Fine.

I put the knife back in its place.

[*katana un-unsheathing sfx*]

Nope, it crumbled, got shredded, just like some sword fighter that slashes something impossible to cut but the result is a delayed cut which surprises everyone — you have seen this before, you know what i am talking about.

[*Clap Clap Clap sfx*]

Only Female kid 1 clapped, looks like i didn't managed to surprise everyone like some famous samurai.

"uhaah-h, y-your…kinda squishy… hand!" EXCLAimed Female kid 3.

Ah, looks like i accidentally chopped my kinda-squishy hand too.

" *sparkly smile* Oh, don't worry, i am fine, it doesn't hurt at all, it's not my real hand after all." I tried to calm her down.

"No but… Now your… kinda squishy hand is also boiling in that liquid!? with chopped up veggie and worms?!?!" Female kid 3 added.

[*Blub Blop, boil sfx*]

cauldron : *nauseated*

[*young cloth pull sfx*]

Female kid 1 pulls Female kid 3's frilly clothes.

" *sigh* Don't worry, we lack proper ingredients, cannibalism is acceptable, besides, it wasn't a real hand was it? it's just like someone's hair in the food." said Female kid 1, with a calm voice, like a mother overlooking all the bad looks of her child and calling it handsome — i feel nostalgic.

"I-i do not… see how that is any better…? Also that hand… is releasing some black colo(u?)r in the liquid, that's definitely bad?!?" pointed Female kid 3.

[*Sniff Sniff sfx*]

"mmmmnnn… Doesn't smells delicious to me…" I said.

"…Of course not!" EXCLAImed Female kid 3.

"-Try adding this" said Female kid 1 while handing over a small bottle with tiny holes.

* * * * * *

Name : Pepper

Type : Okay to eat

manufacturer : Sn33zyM4n虫

* * * * * *

I tossed the bottle into the cauldron.

"At least… TAKE it OUT of the BOTTLE!!!" EXCLAIMed Female kid 3.

cauldron : *sneeze*

"Try adding this too" said Female kid 1 while handing over a different small dull bottle with a skull on it.

I followed Female kid 3's advice and opened the container with my another new hand, which covered everything in a slimy fluid, and threw the contents inside the cauldron.

cauldron : *barely alive*

"WHAT are you GIVING HIM?!? That's TOTALLY POISON!!! why does this place even have POISON!!!!!" EXCLAIMEd Female kid 3, loosing her character.

[*young cloth grab sfx*]

Female kid 1 grabs Female kid 3's frilly clothes.

" *sigh* Don't worry, poison is also useful as a medicine." Clarified Female kid 1.

"Yes, it sure is." I supported Female kid 1's statement — and then i threw the poison's container inside the cauldron as well.

cauldron : u..h….

"there… IS no point in taking it out if you throw the bottle in regardless…?" said Female kid 3, loosing hope.

[*young cloth pull sfx*]

Female kid 1 pulls Female kid 3's frilly clothes.

" *sigh* The inner contents mix in faster, and the nutrients of its covering aren't lost." Female kid 1, again supported my decision.

Now time to stir it.

[*Slimy sounds*]

I generated another hand, dipped it inside the cauldron and started stirring it.

[*E..Y..OI..E.Y.OIEY..OI.EY..OI slimy stirring sfx*]

cauldron : n-no!! sto-p!!!

"I will collect more materials." Female kid 1 announced and ran off somewhere.

[*young energized mug kick sfx*]

"H-h-hha." EXCLAIMED Female kid 3 and fell on her knees. And what's that expression? Tired of playing the straight man?

- - -

[*Detective Bg*]

[*young walking noises*]

[*mugs kick sfx*]

we walked for a while — yes, switching point of views is an easy time transition.

And now I really wished Female kid 3 was here, I find it really difficult to deal with Female kid 2 — Female kid 3 was an expert when it came to dealing with her, as seen in some previous chapters.

But that was the point wasn't it? throwing me with some difficult character...

This girl in front of me, is the type of person that asks a lot, that too weird questions — she doesn't holds any real conversations, and only answers if needed.

Now that i have described her character, let's focus on my thoughts because this isn't a 3rd person view.

I don't know where male kid 2 is, or where Female kid 2 is leading me.

Should i really keep following her? How far did they both even go?

Some-other-pointless-question-here?

What makes this suspicious is — since when did they both got along so well? They both stayed so far away from each other, and now they are getting lost together.

[*mugs hit*]

She stopped in front of a passage.

I stopped — because I can't follow her if she stops.

She turned towards me.

I looked at her, with my guard up — ready to take her down if she does anything suspicious.

"Can yo, realy be responzible?" She asks, yet again.

…I am having a really bad feeling about this — because someone just repeated a question they asked earlier.

"y-yes… depends on the situation though." I said while averting my gaze, scratching my chin, but also observing my surroundings.

…Wait this isn't an open passage, it has a broken door in front of it, so it used to be close? What were they even doing here? If I was a smaller kid I wouldn't dare to go inside this.

She turns around, and walks into the passage, hands behind her waist.

I follow her inside, very dim light here.

She points down, at a heap of mugs.

[*thunder thunder sfx + vfx*]

Under the thunder-which-should-not-have-existed's light, i saw…

THAT'S no heap of mugs!

THAT'S MALE KID 2!!?!

"WhA-" i gasped.

[*young worried running noises*]

I ran towards him while dodging the mugs as much as possible, like a skilled politician dodging reporters and shoes.

He is… covered in blood? what in the world? This is no gore story? Why? How?

Oh, i get it, *fist hits palm gesture*

This is tomato ketchup right?

I touch it, ketchup sticks to my finger, i rub my fingers together.

[*Sniff sniff sfx*]

smells like metal.

This IS blood?!? What happened to the pg-13??!?!

[*panic sfx*]

On closer inspection, his clothes were torn up too.

I immediately checked his heartbeat, hmmm.

[*dha-dhum dha-dhum, dha-dhum dha-dhum sfx*]

He is alive at least?

I stood up, shook Female kid 2 and asked.

"How did this happen?!? What has happened!?! Answer me! NOW!!! tell me EVERYTHING you know about!!!!"

"AaAaAaAa, Weal, we got herethen fekl ons muzks ans thatch- Uuo~…" Female kid 2 tried to speak faster and bit her tongue, again…

I couldn't tell what you were saying even before you bit your tongue so…

She looks at me with diluted eyes, those eyes started to get more wet.

"OH AH, don't cry at least!! DON'T CRY!!!! You didn't cry before so why now?!??!? STICK to your CHARACTER." I tried my best to comfort her.

"Mhm…" She nods with an i-can-do-this expression.

She was recovering her tongue from that cut, so I headed over to Male kid 2, lifted his legs up.

I knew that whenever someone faints, you lift the legs — why? I don't know that much. I used to skip leg day.

I tried searching for some cut or something on his body, but I couldn't really find anything.

So i focused on what Female kid 2 had to say again.

"Okay so, try explaining what happened, slooooowly, alright?" I told her.

What she wanted to say:

" *closed eyes, tilt head down*

It all started, with us playfully, following a mug,

*eyes open, serious glare*

on dd/mm/yyyy *typewriter sfx + thunder sfx*"

What she managed to say:

" *closed eyes, facing Male kid 1's foot*

e o aared, wif uh fafuie, phaoing a fuf,

*eyes open, serious glare with wet eyes*

o ee/anan/eyeyeyey  *tapping on wood sfx*".

What he heard:

" *facing the floor*

we both parted, with a lake ruling, swallowing a pup

*eyes open, trying to act strong*

oH! eyananeyeneyeneyen *really bad wood drumming*"

What in the world is she saying, i am already lost — how did i get stuck in this common misunderstanding scene.

What he understood:

They separated from us and got to a big lake, they looked down and saw a drowning pup whimpering for help, looking with hope?

What she wanted to say:

"We both, followed it to, this room, we saw a locker, He climbed a chair to reach it, but-

*stare into Male kid 1's eyes*

fell, his clothes got, stuck in the locker, and got torn."

What she managed to say:

"E oaf, phaoed i u, is oom, e aw a awger, e gaimbed uh fair u eah i, buh-

*stare into Male kid 1's eyes, nearly crying*

ehl, es gothz goh, ug e ha awger, aeh goh orn."

What he heard:

"Before, sawed this dude, his groom, we fought an ogre, he find us there to eat him, rough-

*stare into his eyes, showing how scary it was*

well, his boats got, mug in her ogre, i got horn."

What he understood:

Before they could help the pup, a dude who eloped with an ogre saw them, he ran after them to eat them, it was very rough, but they got in a boat and stole some ogre's horn.

What she wanted to say:

"He fell in blood, which was on the, floor."

What she managed to say:

"E ehl e urh, ih uss oh eh, foor."

What he heard:

"it gave him curse, it was call the, four."

What he understood:

As they stole the horn, the ogre cursed Male kid 2, which is called four...?

So the pup drowned? What lake was it? Where is your boat? And what's the four curse?

She stopped?

"That's all?" I asked.

"Mhm." She nodded sincerely.

I am missing out on a lot of important information here, but i think that's the gist of it — there is no way i could be wrong, 9/10 scientists have faith in me.

Well anyway,

Whatever the case be, i will be as responsible as the Red Riding Hood.

"Don't worry, Male kid 2 is still breathing, there is hope, let's not let our gaurd down, we should slowly move to the main door which-is-totally-easy-to-open, you keep a watch, and i will pick up Male kid 2 and move, i will make sure no ogre touches you both! I will also stop the curse!!"

"Ah?" Her head tilts sideways in confusion.

We can go searching for the others, but that might end up bad — Male kid 2 is unconscious, and we don't know what to do if the ogre finds us.

"Just do as i- se-ey, *picking up Male kid 2* trust me, we will be fine." said Male Kid 1 while lifting Male kid 2, in a princess carry, don't question how he can lift him.

- - -

[*nursery rhymes piano bg*]

*young hand pass*

*soft hand grab*

— "Small stuffed lion which is light tan"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*squishy hand grab*

— "Orange and blue jacket worn by a young man"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*slimy hand grab*

— "A key given by a giant's dad"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*spongy hand grab*

— "Microwave of a scientist that claims to be mad"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*slippery hand grab*

— "An orange shiny ball with 7 stars"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*springy hand grab*

— "Left arm of a pirate having 3 scars"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*small hand grab*

— "A big red scissor which is half"

[*splash sfx*]

*young hand pass*

*squidgy hand grab*

— "A black notebook with a skull's laugh"

[*splash sfx*]

*slushy hand graaa..?*

I looked at Female kid 1, who was passing me the ingredients which she had found.

"Sorry but, that was all i could gather…" said Female kid 1 with regret, having a gloomy aura around.

"Don't worry, you have done good enough! Also it's nearly cooked..." I tried to console her.

[*E..YOI..E.YO.IEY..OI.EY..OI slimy stirring sfx*]

It was As if the cauldron was speaking to me, i knew that the food was nearly cooked.

cauldron : no more… stop…

Female kid 1 looked towards me, her face still dull like the tavern — clearly unsatisfied.

.

..

...

And then she *sigh*ed

[*splash sfx*]

I discarded my squishy hands by throwing them into the cauldron — to add a special touch of the going-to-be-famous chef.

It was nearly done, so i kept it on the floor for now. No more heating.

cauldron : uhuhh… *dizzy*

[*mugs hit sounds*]

"Well, you did all you could, we don't have the fancy tools and high end items here." I said.

Other than a rare cauldron, and a guy blessed by some self proclaimed god.

"We have made this purely from effort, and it looks so good already! …Why do you think that is the case?!? " I continued.

[*Blob blub ploub sfx of cauldron*]

"The... cauldron sort of… reeks of some decaying corpse..." added female kid 3, sitting in a corner, having given up all hope — we both ignore her, cooking isn't for the weak hearted people after all.

"You have gathered soooo mAany precious items for me, from the cauldron to all the ingredients, which I am sure I could've never gathered on my own — this is the reason for our success!" I continued.

No way I could have found all those items, maybe her LUK is high…? Nah, wouldn't be in an orphanage if her LUK was really high.

"We worked sooo hard on creating this, let's make sure it doesn't goes to waste. Okay?" I continued.

She is still sulking.

Am I that bad at motivating people?

"Don't give me that look now, cheer up!" I said while patting Female kid 1.

Her face brightened up, she nods with full energy, completely recovered. like a character that just re-spawned with max stats and no ailment-No, she is even better than before. Like she just leveled up 50 times, and all her stats are capped.

That was… sudden.

"Let's try our best-

 Oni-chan" She adds.

..

.

"Don't call me that, I feel like I will end up in a prison instead of the guild in a few chapters."

Reminds me, why are you so invested into making food?

"S-Sorry to interrupt your thought-provoking talk but, is THAT supposed to happen…?" Questioned Female kid 3 with a terrified expression, pointing at the cauldron.

A giant bubble had been made...

It was as if the cauldron was blowing up a bubble gum.

cauldron : *puf huf puf*

[*PPOOOFSSSS sfx*]

The bubble pops, a disgusting stench spreads.

- - -

[*brave hero rise bg*]

There is nothing that can touch you both — I will take care of everything.

[*mountain climbing footstep sfx + vfx*]

— till I am here of course, I won't be held responsible if I am not available, it's not in our contract.

[*brave hero rise bg + choir bg*]

Believe in me, although I don't believe in myself.

[*mountain climbing footstep sfx + vfx*]

[*mugs hit sfx*]

[*yaaaaaaawn sfx*]

[*brave hero rise bg + choir bg die*]

Female kid 2 yawns, walking in a nonchalant manner towards the main door —knocking every mug possible.

"Hey, be more serious! Our life is on the line!! Don't goof around!!!" At least cover your mouth when you yawn.

We got to the main door.

I am more fatigued than i expected now, carrying Male kid 2 wasn't as easy i guess — either i am weak or he is fat or both.

She tries opening the door. As we all expected, it doesn't open.

I kept male kid 2 down, on the floor, gently, he isn't some useless luggage alright — that's a human, we need to be careful, a child on top of that, in a fragile condition, there are around 646 000 people that die by falling.

[*mugs roll sfx*]

[*yaaaaaaawn*]

I yawned,

oh, i forgot to cover my mouth too, …i feel ashame-d … or not?

*looks at Female kid 2*

— no one minds it though.

I tried opening the door, it doesn't budge as expected… just likes dad's granary.

I tried pushing it, pulling it, jumping on it, and many other comical acrobatic moves.

[*not-enough-progress-in-story sfx*]

GWAAAaaaa….

Let's just wait for the rest of them to get back...

"Sorry, but it looks like i can't do much now."

She stares.

[*Huffffffuuhhh pufffffuuuhhh sfx*]

I was panting.

She stares.

She yawns.

[*yaaaaaaawn sfx*]

COME ON!! cover your mouth at leeeaaaaaaawwn…

[*yaaaaaaawn sfx*]

I yawned, and sat on to the floor — I am tired.

[*mugs roll sfx*]

Now what could the curse possibly be? called the four? calling the four? four what?

We don't have any ogres around yet, but a curse is something we should be careful of all the time.

We can't fight 4 things at a time either, we are only 3 here, 3 vs 4 would be a total loss for us, considering that Male Kid 2 is in a fighting condition that is, and also assuming that we CAN fight.

Should I go and look for others? No, I can't leave the both of them here alone, and I can no longer carry Male kid 2, besides, I am tired.

Seriously! Where did they all go!? are they farming food or what?!?

Don't tell me that the ogre got them…

Female kid 3 and Female kid 1 should have met main character by now, hopefully.

If that guy is with them, with that speed, dodging anything should be possible… or does he falls for ambushes?

I looked at my hand covered in blood — because I touched Male kid 2 who has blood over him.

Let me wipe this on my cloth- no.

I rubbed the blood off of me, using the floor — now the floor has the blood, not me at least.

hmm? reminds me, Male kid 2's clothes are slightly torn — no cuts on his body, soooo… the blood isn't his...?

*doubt*

it's not his,

It's not mine,

*scans the girl in front for cuts or harm*

She stares

It's not her's either,

A 4th person's blood? probably someone who tore his clothes, ogre? since when did they have red blood — also the tear in the cloth is small, way small for a big ogre attack.

Wait, is the curse something like, summoning the fourth among us three??!? Blood can be used to mark targets in some shows.

[*suspense + mugs + creaky wood noises*]

I turned around quickly and saw Male kid 2 getting up.

Male kid 2 gets up, rubs his eyes.

I took a breathe of relief…

[*Sigh… sfx*]

-but more importantly.

"You are finally up… So, do you remember anything about the curse?" I asked him because he should be easier to understand.

"uh?" He tilts his head in confusion.

Is this memory loss?

"Till where do you remember?" I asked Male kid 2.

"Follow a mug, got in a room, saw a biiiig box *he does a "this-big" gesture*, got on chair to reach big box, lost balance…" Said male kid 2.

IT'S NOTHING LIKE WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

I looked at her, she stares back at me — as if what Male kid 2 said wasn't wrong.

"You!! Lied to me!?!" I asked loudly, a bit mad.

"Eh?" Her head tilts sideways in confusion.

"Seriously!! your way of joking is extreme…" I said while relaxing.

[*Deep relaxed breathe sfx*]

"I was SOO worried you know?!?!" I told them both.

I sat back further relaxed.

[*mugs roll sfx*]

By the way, is it just me, who thinks that this place is smelling more bad each time I take a breathe…?

I noticed the blood on the floor which I had just wiped off of me.

-Wait but whose blood is this.

[*CraCk Cruk, wood floor cracking sfx*]

Wooden floor cracks, a skeletal hand comes out — grabs my face.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Me, Male kid 2 and Female kid 2, all scream on the top of our lungs.

- - -

What in the world is happening.

Skeleton legs,

Skeleton heAds,

Skeleton hands,

Skeleton fingers,

Skeleton tongue,

Skeleton pancreas —

— They are suddenly popping up from everywhere.

Is this because of the lovely aroma of our delicious food?

Our first costumers are here already??

Oh my, I am not prepared, I feel so nervous, we only have one item in stock.

I appraised the food.

* * * * * *

Name : Mass Skeletal Summoning Spell

Type : Necromancy

Rarity : Mythical

Range : 50-200, Rare-Mythical

Recipe : Whatever you did

Taste : Not tasty

Manufacturer : main character, side characters

* * * * * *

Doesn't sound very appetizing to me — are they really attracted to it? Will they really like it?

A Skeleton's big thigh appears from the bottom of the cauldron, spilling it.

[*Splooshhh sfx*]

cauldron : *wasted*

[*Panic sfx*]

"NOOOO!!!!! OUR FOOD!!!! THE LAST STOCK!!!" I screamed.

These barbarians! Where are your table manners?!? And why aren't you all coming from the door??!! You all will be grounded again for this behaviour!!! You hear me?!?

[*tavern rumble sfx*]

The tavern started shaking, and it will probably collapse soon.

[*mugs rolling + rattling + bouncing sfx*]

"L-Let's… just get out of here!!!!" Shouted Female kid 3.

"Agreed, safety first, we can make this again… someday…..." Agreed Female kid 1 with a frown.

"Okay, let's go out, …I will never forget my cooking dream though. I will return!!!" I declared.

tch, Are these skeletons some paid actors by a rich-rival-chef? that rich-rival-chef better grow a backbone and 1 v 1 me.

I summon the soft hands.

[*Slimy noises*]

I wriggle the soft hands.

[*Slimy wriggle wriggle sfx*]

I wriggle my hands to get the fluid away. They are dry and safe to use on the kids now.

"Wha-, why didn't you dried your hands before?!?" Exclaimed Female kid 3.

Just to clarify, although I don't really need to clarify — if the hands have been out for a while, the fluid dries up; also, if I wriggle it, the fluid dries up. So no, the kids aren't slimy and sticky. not yet, and they won't be anytime soon.

"I didn't dry it because I needed to add my own flavor to the food. my very own secret ingredient... but it's all gone now……" I clarified, with disappointment.

No point in crying over spilled wine now.

I dashed, picked the kids up.

Broke the tavern walls, crushed some skeletal bodies in my way, and rushed over to the other kids — I saved some unidentified animal, although I hate annoying kids, I will save them regardless to act heroic and carry on the light hearted theme of the story. The time for tragedy tag isn't here yet!!

- - -

[*action bg*]

I was desperately struggling to get the skeletal hand off me.

This skeleton is way too muscular for a skeleton.

I looked at Male kid 2 and Female kid 2.

Ah, they are such good youngsters — but it looks like my time is up.

[*sad piano bg*]

" *fake smile* Sorry, it seems like my time has come, but I will fight till my last breathe. Go head without me! I will try to stop them here." I commanded

"We are not leaving without you!" Says Male kid 2, afraid of loosing me.

"O, e a o eahin ou u" Says Female kid 2, not sure what.

"No! Go on without me! You both have to live, you have a long life ahead...! Tell some girl you think is applicable to be my wife that I loved her, also when she has children, tell them that I love them too. Tell her husband to take care of her or else I will haunt his whole family."

[*rumble crack sfx*]

The skeleton's heAd is slightly visible under that wood now.

"Now go… hurry! I can't hold them back anymore." I told them while trying to break free from that skeleton head-grab.

[*young scared noises*]

But then this...

This ...thing came — more like appeared.

main character! 

He grabbed us all.

[*Unlocked-next-chapter sfx*]

0