Chapter 1: Welcome to the Tutorial
195 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a titanic, ruined and burning throne room the tiny figure of a human dashes between the feet of a giant armored humanoid creature in the shape of a man wielding a flaming claymore. The creature swings its sword and the tiny figure contorts their body at a seemingly impossible angle, barely dodging the blade and seemingly phasing through the flames unharmed.

"DAMMIT, DAMMIT, COME ON, COME ON!!!"

The tiny figure dashes at and up the leg of the giant at blinding speed leaving hundreds of tiny cuts in their wake finally reaching the giant's eye and plunging a spear oozing with a sickly black liquid into the monster's eye.

"ROOOOOAAAAARR" bellowed the giant, it's flailing throwing the tiny figure into the air as the giant sagged.

But the monster would not be defeated so easily. With it's massive hand it swat at the tiny figure who was helpless in the air. Or so the giant thought, but the figure, a thin young man in his early twenties, only breathed out in relief seeing that the fight was over.

The young man threw a second spear at the giant's hand and, when it came close, he used the spear to vault over it's hand and land on it's arm. He then pulled out his third and final spear and ran up the giant's arm reaching its face once more only to plunge his spear into the giant's remaining eye.

With that the giant fell rocking the throne room causing the back wall to collapse and leaving the young man standing triumphant on the body of his defeated foe.

"FINALLY!" with that scream the young man ran out of the throne room and was greeted with a melodic voice.

"Congratulations chosen, the world of Al..."

"SKIP!"

"The Cho..."

"SKIP!"

"Thanks for playing Veil of Darkness 4 - Developed by Ma..."

"SKIP!"

And then the world faded away as the young man was left in an  empty white void decorated only by two comfortable looking chairs and a single light blue screen reading.

Veil of Darkness 4

Start New Game

Continue on New Game +101

Options

Credits

End Game

"I did it, I ACTUALLY FUCKING DID IT!, chat I actually did it, 16 hours 24 minutes and 22 seconds for this run ALONE but I fucking did it,  beat that shit Ele!"

DumpsterFire420: "I WAS HERE"

TheGUY1234: "I WAS HERE"

DoubterTheOriginal: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT HE DID IT, A HIT-LESS, LEVEL 1, MARATHON OF ALL 4 GAMES... I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW"

...

Eleflame: "This stupid records of yours wont last a week just you watch"

"Bull, you couldn't pull this shit off in a year and you know it, just admit defeat already"

DoubterTheOriginal: "Yeah Eleflame, sore looser much"

Eleflame: "You wish you could beat me at anything Jay, you're just a CASUAL and you know it"

TheGUY1234: "OHHHHHHHHHHH"

OffTheShip: "Holy shit dude you gonna take that"

"Was that a challenge, what you wana fight, you know what happened last time we got in the ring"

Eleflame: "I trounced you ass!"

"That's BULLSHIT and you know it... FINE, Tomorrow, I've been awake for 36 hours straight and I could swear I'm starting to SEE things"

Eleflame: "... FINE..."

"Now, this run was AGONY and I refuse to do this shit ever again so BYE... until next month when I'm doing it again with the enemy randomizer"

Eleflame: "Masochistic little shit"

In a dark living room lit only by the city lights streaming in thought the window a clunky egg shaped pod opened to reveal the form of a very tired looking young man. Jayce was a somewhat skinny but athletic man in his early twenties with long black hair and somewhat effeminate features that often cause people to mistake him for a girl. He barely managed to stand on shaky legs before stumbling into the kitchen and grabbing a cold sandwich out of his old smart fridge, biting into it with a tired sigh.

You have been selected to participate in the first round of the tutorial for The Path of Stars

Difficulty: Very Easy | Easy | Medium | Hard | Impossible

"And now I'm hallucinating... and my own brain is insulting me... GREAT"

A strange blue screen suddenly appears in front of Jay as he tries to stumble into his room but only manages to collapse into his couch.

"I chose the obvious answer so LET ... ME ... SLEEP"

Difficulty: Impossible

Waiting for other players

Then the screen fades away and Jay falls asleep soon after still splayed out across his couch.

 

2