Chapter 3: A Walk Down a Hallway Part 1
152 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, I'm supposed to walk through what must have been an iron door and into an ominous dark hallway... that sounds fine and totally not like a bad idea.

"Overgrown walls, roots covering the broken stone floor, random rusted metal debris, are those puddles? there must be a thousand things to trip over covering every inch of this place"

Dropping into a low stance Jay begins quickly moving forward, the sound of his footsteps barely making a sound when he suddenly hears a sound like an engine revving up.

"VRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Ray reflexively jumps to the side barely avoiding a beam of light coming from the other side of the hall repeatedly reflecting off the walls and cutting the hall in half horizontally.

"DAMN! LASERS"

The first was followed by another, this time vertical, Jay barely managing to roll to the right.

'is it a diamond? The next one's horizontal, they fire every 0.2 seconds or so' Jay though as another horizontal laser passed just overhead and then another vertically down the center of the room.

"Was that it?"

"VRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Then Jay jumped just as 12 beams of light covered most of the room leaving only the air safe but Jay wasn't fast enough and one of the beams sliced right through his right foot.

"AHHHHHHHH!"

'Shit not a diamond, a circle, they cover the entire room, and the PAIN! what is thi...' and that was the last though that passed through Jay's mind as the lasers contracted, now only a few gaps along the walls remained safe as the air was incinerated.

You Have Died

Respawning in 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...

That... was... pretty fucking cool. This game is so... realistic I guess... is the pain sensitivity at 100%? I've never played a game that even LET you set it that high before, much less have it like that by default. Hurts like hell but I think I prefer it like this, it just feels so... REAL, so intense.

Welcome [Traveler] to the [Tutorial] Tower

Difficulty: Impossible     |     Floor: 1     |     Floor Lives: 19     |     Completion: 0/3

"Now how am I going to get through that?"

Do I even have the stats for it? Maybe, I just need to think this through. Ok, so the laser come in waves, the first is horizontal, vertical, horizontal, vertical, then comes the second wave with the diagonals. Avoiding the diagonals is gonna be close, The spots where... 5 - 1 meters, each one being one meter smaller than the last, spaced out by an equal distance... I can keep track of that. So that would make the hallway something like 30 meters long.

This is probably some form of pattern too just like the first wave, the lasers will contract and expand at least twice. But I can't jump far or fast enough to cover 5 meters before the laser can contract, I don't even think I can pull of 4 meters but at least that seems plausible.

"Shit, I have to run 10 meters during the first wave... which lasted less than a second... HOW THE HELL DO I DO THAT!?"

That would be like... 45 Km/h, CAR SPEEDS! That's on par with 100 meter dash world records, I have 30 meters and need that speed at the very beginning, I CAN'T do that with my stats, shit this tutorial really is impossible... for now.

"I need to increase my stats!"

Games like this normally let you do some form of training to increase your stats, so let's just try a basic exercise routine for now. 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 1 km jog, repeat till I collapse. Actually, I should also try weight lifting, i can use the water from the fountain to clean off some of the old metal bars around here, stab them on some large rocks and there we go.

Talking about the fountain, what does it even do, should i drink some? I'm gonna do it!

"Blah, tastes like grape, GROSS!"

You drank from the [Fountain] of {Attribute Training}

      • Gained [Full Recovery](instant)(once per day)
      • Gained [Gift of the Fountain {Attribute Training}](1 hour)
        • All [Attribute {Training Speed}]: +50%
        • All [Recovery Speed]: +100%

And this is why you should always test these things, grape flavored recovery water though, dammit. I guess its about time I get serious, crack open that console and type in what I should have typed in at the very beginning.

-help

2