Ch 15 : 10 years
873 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Rei POV)

It's been 10 years since I've arrived at this place. At first, I just had a sword with all my power sealed except my bloodline, I couldn't even contact Lily. I practised my sword and also started to examine the innate powers within my body. One of which was chaos energy, but it was really hard to control. So, I decided to practise with my sword only for 4 hours in the morning, and the rest of the time was spent honing my control over chaos energy. 

Like this six months went by, in that time I had a slight improvement. I was now able to channel the chaos energy out of my body, I could form a lump of it in my hands and throw it. But, that's was a very inefficient way to use it, so I started trying to shape chaos energy at my will. Things didn't go as planned this time, many times it just erupted in my hands causing me to be injured. It took me a month to shape the energy into a rod, and about 2 years for me to fully control and to shape it at my will. 

I then started chaos energy integrating with my sword which didn't take too long, because of my previous training. Continuing on the same path I mastered my so-called 'Chaos Sword' in 4 months. As I was doing that I also tried integrating my body parts with chaos energy, which enhanced the physical capabilities of my body. The best part about it was when chaos energy was integrated with my wings, my wings didn't change in looks, it just gave them a dark hue. It increased my flying speed astronomically, but it still couldn't be used in a fight. So, I created wings pure out of chaos energy, they looked like something that's projected. They were black in colour, I could not fly a long distance with them, but my speed increased and it could be controlled more easily, making it my battle form.

Now a total of 3 and a half years have passed since I arrived here, I followed my same regime of training till a total of 5 years had passed. As I got up from bed one day, I felt pain in my chest, it was like someone was crushing my heart over and over, the pain was unbearable. I laid on my bed with my teeth clenched, hoping for the pain to end soon. After a few minutes or hours or maybe even days, I didn't know how much time had passed, I didn't pay attention to anything to endure the literal heart-wrenching pain. I stood up from the bed and went outside, I started examining my body for the changes. It seems that I can access the power from my dimension but I can't enter the dimension. 

I can also feel that my body has become more powerful and it seems that my powers have also improved. I can feel that I can manipulate my body to a better extent and can also manipulate my soul. I don't know to which extent my powers have grown, so I started testing. I didn't have much grasp over my power, so I started testing my powers.

Like this, testing and improving my power for 5 years, I have improved by leaps and bound. It has been 10 years since I arrived in this world, I was continuing with my daily routine of training. Just when I sat to meditate, I was disturbed by loud rumbling sounds, it was as if something started to crack. Anxious and excited, I came out of the hut and found cracks all over the sky, with a loud bang everything fell apart and an endless black void was revealed. 

Feeling a familiar gaze, I found those huge terrifying eyes staring at me again. Experiencing the same situation as 10 years ago, I was happy that I can go back to my dimension again after this. 

"Where was I till now?", I asked in a calm tone.

"Oh, how are you so calm?", he asked surprised.

"Well, leaving 10 years alone, will change anyone.", I said with a wise expression.

Seeing me act like this, Drake said, "Hmph, don't bullshit me. As for your earlier question, that was an illusion."

Nodding my head, I asked, "How much time passed and what was that pain?"

"About an hour or so and that was your heart undergoing an evolution.", he answered in a nonchalant tone.

"So, is the travel over, did I pass or fail?", I asked in an anticipating tone.

"Hahaha, that was just some preparation time for you.", he answered with mockery in his eyes. 

"So, what's the test?", I asked with slumped shoulders.

"Nothing much, you just have to stand the pain of your evolution", he answered.

Hearing that I shuddered and just nodded, I stood there with my teeth clenched. I just stood there for a while, but the anticipated pain never came. So, I opened my eyes and saw Drake looking at me as if I was an idiot. 

"First, here all of my instructions.", he said.

Hearing which I just thickened my skin and nodded with an expressionless face.

"You'll feel excruciating pain but don't faint or you'll lose your life, my test is really simple if you survive the evolution you pass the test or else you fail. Your heart has evolved already which increased your will and endurance, it'll increase the chances of your survival. Good luck.", Drake instructed.

"Ok, let's start.", I said and closed my eyes with teeth clenched, and the anticipated pain came this time.

I can't describe how painful it is, just imagine if you were dipped in a pool of lava and were gnawed on by thousands of ants to your bone at the same time. The torture continued on till eternity, I just maintained my will from breaking by thinking it would end right in the next moment.

Thank You, for reading. I won't be able to write for about 2 months or so, due to uni exams and practicals.*Sigh* end sem next month another headache, so I uploaded all the chapters that I'd written. Well, if we go by  2 chaps per week, this should do for around a month and 1/2.

Join my Discord- https://discord.gg/5axbcRz4WP 

Join my Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/Ur_Author_San

Please, give me suggestions on discord or comments.

Support me on Patreon if you can.

To be continued

 
16