Ch 17 : Meeting Yae
1.1k 9 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Rei POV)

We then received the letter, transportation expenses and leave the shop, we begin preparing for the trip at once. It is decided that Aiko and I will go purchase food for the trip, Linze will arrange the carriage and Elze will return to the inn to take our stuff.

In 1 hour, we complete all of the preparations and leave for the royal capital.

Linze borrowed the carriage by rental. There is a cover over it and although the carriage is not shabby but it still isn't that good. *Sigh* We'll have a bumpy ride, it’s still several times better than trudging on foot. We are planning to order a custom-built carriage, which will be modified by me.

I can’t control the horse however these sisters are able to properly. This results in both of them taking turns sitting on the driver seat while Aiko and I shake on the cart, I’m a little regretful.

The carriage advances on the rough road. While sometimes greeting other passing carriages, we go towards the north.

We exit the town of Rifflet and pass through the following town of Noran. The sun is setting right when we arrive at the town of Amanesk.

Let’s find an inn in this town for today.……Huh? Wait a minute.

Thinking about it carefully, because I can use [Gate], can’t we temporarily go back and stay at [Silver Moon] and start here again tomorrow?

It is rejected immediately when I tell both of them what I thought of. Eehー

They both tell me that it would be throwing away the enjoyment of the trip.

"Isn’t it nice to be in an unknown town, visiting unknown shops, staying in an unknown place. You don’t understand, do you?", said Elze.

We decide on an inn before the sun sets completely. We take an inn with slightly better rooms than [Silver Moon]. The girls and I are assigned to a room, we have a double room with a large bed and a decent quality of furniture. Well, it can be called a presidential suite but of a lower quality than my previous world, which was expected.

We’ve settled on the inn so we entrusted them with the carriage and left to have a meal. The old man at the inn says that the noodles here are delicious. I wonder if there’s something like ramen.

When we enter a handy shop somewhere while taking a stroll inside the town, we hear sounds of a dispute from the roadside. Curious onlookers gather on what seems to be a commotion taking place.

We, who had our interest caught, try to push through the crowd of people and barely manage to reach the centre of the commotion. There is a Japanese girl surrounded by several men.

"That child…has a strange appearance ne…", said Linze.

"……It’s a samurai.", I replied, while thinking, 'Yae1Another female lead, .....I forgot I was going to meet her here.', while mentally reprimanding myself to remember the details. 

Yae is a girl who seems to be in her early teenage years. She has black eyes and waist-length black hair, which is usually held back by a large, scarlet bow and two smaller white pieces of cloth on that frame strands near her face, she also wears a small red pin in her hair. Her clothing consists of robes worn by swordsmen in kabuki. It is better known as traditional clothing for samurai. This clothing consists of a pink kimono, dark blue hakama and a turquoise obi, a cloth that is wrapped around her waist. The kimono is adorned with a white crescent moon pattern. Yae seems to like bows since, in addition to having a bow in her hair, she also has a similar, albeit smaller, cyan bow on her obi. One thing that differentiates her clothing from that of a traditional samurai is her sandals, which are slightly more modernized than the traditional wooden clogs.

The men numbering close to ten surround Yae while sending out dangerous glances. There are people who have already pulled out their knives and swords.

"You’ve taken great care of me in...." After some arguments.

The men all attack at the same time. Yae evades nimbly and lightly, grabs the arm of one of the men and turning around as if it is light, throws him. The man who is flung on his back faints in agony and stops moving. Just like that, Yae flings away two to three people, but for some reason, suddenly staggers and her movements weaken.

Using this chance, a man prepares to stab from behind with a sword. Seeing this, I incapacitate him using a water blast. It doesn’t have a lethal effect, but it’s enough to get through emergency situations.

Meanwhile, I send a dropkick to a man who is holding a sword. Although Yae is surprised by the sudden intrusion, when she judges that we are not enemies, she returns her attention to the enemies in front.

Elze also jumps into the circle of fighting delivers heavy blows with her gauntlets.

A short time later, all the men are flattened on the ground. Elze had knocked down more than half while smiling.

The town guards are alerted due to the commotion, so we leave the scene dragging Yae with us.

"I am grateful for your assistance, I am Kokonoe Yae. Ah, Yae is the name and Kokonoe is the surname name.", Yae says while bowing her head. I had a deja vu feeling from the self-introduction.

"By chance, did you come from Ishen?", Elze aks.

"Indeed, I came from Edo of Ishen.", Yae replied.

"I’m Takagi Rei. Rei is the name and Mochizuki is the Takagi.", I cut in.

"Ooh, Rei-dono, were you born from Ishen too?"

"No. Although it’s similar, I came from a different country.", I replied

"That aside…in the middle of that fight earlier, it looked like you staggered. Are there any problems with your body?", I asked.

"No, there’s no problem with my body, that……I’m ashamed to say that I dropped my travelling expenses before I came here, so……", while she was speaking, "GRRRRRR", sound was heard. Yae’s stomach resounds grandly. Her face turns red and slumps her shoulders.

Thank You, for reading. See y'all in three days, will be back to 2 chaps per week.

Join my Discord- https://discord.gg/5axbcRz4WP

Join my Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/Ur_Author_San

 

Please, give me suggestions on discord or comments.

 

14