Chapter 6
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Not to proud of this chapter but I wanted to.get something up and I ran out of time. Im just saying this in case there are actually people reading this. Also if anyone is, do you know how to use the news and spoiler things... I can't figure it out....]

Looking down at his guild card he was quite surprised with how little it actually showed.

Name: Kyron

Class: Redacted

Rank: D

Completed Quests: 0

Current Quest(s): None

Balance: 16g

(Endorsed by Arman Stonecrusher the Apocalypse Decimator)

“Huh. That old man decided to sponsor me.. Wait! Sixteen gold! How did that happen!” Kyron said with his voice full of surprise.

“Be quiet! No body cares about your stupid money! I waannnt my guild caaard! Wahhh'' Janus says while crying. Or as close as a gun can come to crying.

“Look, I’m sorry Janus but we can't yet. It uses your mana signature to identify you, and you, having no mana core do not have one yet. As soon as we find a nice core I can give you an upgrade. And I won’t even charge you for it.”

“You better you little bas-” Just as soon as he started talking Janus was soon cut off.

“Ok! Now let's grab a commission. Hey Janus? Would you prefer slimes, wolves, or rabbits?”

“Well slimes obviously! We need a challenge not some wild animal!”

“You just want slime because some of them have cores don’t you…”

“.....”

“.....”

“Fine, let's do that. But we have to check if there is even a need for slime extermination in the first place.” While saying that Kyron walks over to the commission board on the right wall. Looking over the list of commissions Kyron’s expression slowly became more and more surprised, until eventually it was chalk full of unadulterated shock.

“Janus? Did you know that slimes are ranked as a B rank threat….. We can’t beat that yet. Maybe with some practice and traps but I just don’t think we're ready.”

“.....Sigh. Okay let's fight the wolves… Better that than stinking rabbits at least….”  

“Got it.” Kyron then grabs a request for a wolf subjugation off of the wall and walks over to the request desk. Behind it was an old man that seems to have a constant scowl.

Walking over Kyron sets the request sheet on the desk and says to the man.

“Excuse me sir, I would like to take this commission ple-” Kyron is cut off before he could say more.

“Boy, just shut that trap of yours and go I already got ya ready once ya took the sheet off da wall. N’ stop callin’ em’ commissions, ever’body calls em quests.”

“I-Uh. Th-thanks. I will be going now…” he says while walking toward the door of the guild with his excitement partially deflated from the man's attitude.

“An’ boy. All da details are on the quest slip! Better take a look if ya don't wanna lose n’ eye.” 

“Yeah! Thanks!.” Kyro regained a bit of his mojo and ran out the door to the city gate.

    When he reached the city gates he walked up to the guard manning it and gave her the toll for exiting. After giving the guard a small idea of why he was going outside the town he was free to go on his way. Only after that was all over did he realize that he could have just shown his guild card and gotten out of the toll and conversation that followed. Looking around Kyron is surprised to see that the town is surrounded by forests with only a single road as a clearing. Kyron has actually never left the small village of Autumsday so this is the first time he has seen the outside. This sight made him realize just how small his little town was and made him all the more eager to see the outside world. It also made him wonder why a man as powerful as Guildmaster Stonecrusher was assigned all the way out here. But that is for him to figure out later. Right now it is time to complete his first quest.

“Janus! Let's do this!”

“Yeah! We're gonna shoot those big dogs right in the muzzle! Right Kyron!”

“...”

“...”

“Kyron?’ Janus was puzzled as to why he suddenly went silent.

“Um… Janus?”

“Y-yeah?”

“Uhh. Ho-how do I shoot a gun?”

“What! You mean you made me as a gun and you have no idea how to use me! How am I supposed to know! I am a gun, I don’t use myself!” After the moment of shock Janus was outraged that the man who is his creator doesn't even know how to use a gun.

“I-it should be fine. I can figure it out when we get to fighting the wolves.” Kyron says  just waving it off, while walking on a trail into the forest. After about ten minutes Janus decided he would speak up against, the idea of their first fighting session being against wolves while neither of them knew how to actually use a gun properly. But just as he was getting ready to speak up they he heard a noise coming from behind them

*Grrrrr*

Looking behind him Kyron was greeted with the sight of three wolves about the size of three people in terms of height. All of them had some injuries covering their bodies, with one even having a recently gouged out eye. They are also very thin and gaunt. Much more than a wolf should be in an area like this with lots of prey animals. Even Kyron knew something was wrong here. He was about to try and get away when he saw them,realizing he was not quite ready to fight them even if they were injured he set off to run. But the moment he did one of the three wolves lunged at him. Kyron dropped to the ground and rolled away. He then pulled Janus out of his holster and started to pull the trigger and fire wildly. He got lucky and hit one of the wolves in the back puncturing a lung but that was where his luck ended. The last wolf that has not attacked decided to join in with the first one. Slowly circling Kyron they both prepared to avenge their fallen comrade. Kyron, having never fought anything before, was still confused as to what to do. Trying to shoot again he was able to see the wolf that was missing an eye in the one that was left, both blinding then killing it in quick succession, although completely accidentally. The last wolf went for Kyron's throat as this happend. Not knowing how to get out of this Kyron did the only thing he could think of and hit the wolf leaping at him. To his surprise the moment his fist came into contact with the wolf the thing went flying. With a snap the last wolf was dead. 

Right after the Last wolf died Kyron was surprised by two things. One, the battle went a lot faster than he ever would have thought. And two, wolves are a lot weaker that he thought. He overestimated them and that could have been quite bad. 

Having technically completed his quest Kyron realized that he didn't know how he was going to get the wolves back to the guild. He was thinking about finding some vines to tie them together and pull them when he remembered one of the skills he gained when he was transferred into the android body. Dimensional Tear, while sounding ominous, was just the skill he needed. Although he was wondering how it would work when it said he would use his claws, as he was pretty sure he had none. The moment he used the skill he felt a weird sensation at the tips of his fingers. Looking down he saw that they both hardened and extended into claws. Taking the claws and attempting to cut the air did nothing, which quite surprised him. After a few more tries he was about to give up when he saw a strange glimmer in the air, he decided to try and cut it with his claws, and to his great surprise was successful. A huge rip opened up showing a pure white empty room. Making a mental note to check it out later he grabbed the wolf carcass and threw them in.

On his way back to town he could only think about how his mother may react about him joining the adventures guild and not the craftsman guild but was soon interrupted by the smell of smoke. Going over to where it came from what he saw was shocking. Right in front of him is the town of Autumsday, covered in fire. Specifically the northern half of it. The half where his mother lives. The moment he realizes this Kyron broke out in a run, in hopes that he could make it to town and confirm his mothers safety.

0