Chapter 9 – Night
1.6k 7 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school ends and we are now in Elaine-sama's mansion. I am now currently serving Elaine-sama as her personal maid. I do various things like serving her some tea and snacks, and also giving what she needs.

Time has passed, and it's now night time. Elaine-sama has finished reading the books of guide that our teacher gave to us. I plan to read it too..!

"Lilith, why don't we take a walk?"

"It's already night Elaine-sama. It's dangerous to wander around."

"It's okay. Your with me anyway."

"If you say so..."

I don't know what is Elaine-sama is thinking, but I accept y anyways. I asked her to wait for me outside, as I clean the books on her desk. And for some reason I have a bad feeling for going outside in night, so I summoned Alpha.

<<What's the matter Shizuka-sama.>>

Can you guard us as we walk? Tell me right away if someone suspicious is following us.

 <<Understood>>

After asking Alpha, I also go outside and saw Elaine-sama waiting for me. As I closed the door we started to walk and take a view of the country. There was lots of stalls and people, and also some restaurants.

"Hm? Lilith, do you want to eat something..?"

"Ah no... I'm good."

"No need to hold back~ Let's get some food."

"Well... If you want..."

After that Elaine-sama buy us some food in the stalls, she bought some barbeque meat. It was too hot so I let mine to cool, as for Elaine-sama she already ate half of it. Amazing!

And after that we continue to walk as we eat our barbeque meat. It was so fun going around with someone you want to protect. I remember when my classmates invite me to a food stalls and going to a event to watch fireworks. Even now I still miss everyone, I wonder what are they doing right now. And Hana, I hope that you already move on because if my death. I know you... It take some time to move on in something you love.

And after some time we decided to go back and go to sleep. But while we are walking, Alpha suddenly speak up.

<<Shizuka-sama!>>

Uwaah! What is it Alpha? You scared me...

<<Sorry but I have something to report you. Someone is tailing you, since the moment you both arrive to the stalls and buy some food>>

Really!? Where..?"

<<It stills following you both, and right now it's hiding in the tree to the right>>

Oh I see it now... Thanks Alpha.

And after that I bait the guy who been following us to Elaine-sama's mansion. I don't want to let Elaine-sama see something like this. Though it's a bad idea to lead someone suspicious in our address. Well if it comes to need to kill that guy, I'll kill him. As long I can protect Elaine-sama..!

We finally arrive to Elaine-sama's mansion, I ask Elaine-sama to go inside first because I need something to do outside. And she enters the mansion herself, and as for me I walk to the location of the suspicious guy.

"Huh? Where did she goes!?"

"Are you looking for me..?"

I used my shadow magic to go to a shadow and travel to behind him. It's already night time, so it's clearly I'm more stronger now.

"Wha!?"

The suspicious guy turns around as he take out his sword and tries to hit me. I dodge the blade and back off.

"How did you get behind me..?"

"Who knows... So who are you?"

"I'm an adventurer. I heard some demon is living in this mansion."

Huh..?

"So you came to check it out and almost killed me by your sword?"

"It's your fault for suddenly coming out of nowhere."

Wait... But why did he starts following us in some part of the country, and not just wait for his chance in this mansion?

"Sorry but... There's no demon here, so I need you to leave."

"Sorry maid-san but... I need to check that place, if there's no demon is living there."

He's persistent... I need him to leave as soon as possible, so Elaine-sama will not notice him.

"You are not prohibited to enter this place. If you set a foot in this place, I will have no choice to kill you."

"Huh? What a maid is going to do?"

After that he rush his self towards me and keep swing his sword and tries to hit me. I dodge every swing as I back off every swing.

"I will warn you one more time... If you don't leave right now, I will have to kill you."

"Let me see you try!"

I'm starting to get pissed. While dodging the sword I use my shadow magic to go behind him and kick him in his legs.

"AGHH!!!"

Woah... I just lightly kicked him, and now his legs are bent? Just how weak are the humans?

"O-once again... Leave or die."

"You... You bitch!!"

He didn't run except he rush towards me with his sword. Let's end this quickly...

I used the shadow to form a scythe, and swing it in the middle splitting his body in two.

"I warned you 4 times but you didn't leave... It's currently you fault..."

I killed another human... Though I know it's gross seeing lots of blood. For some reason  it started to excites me, that I put a smile on my face. I snap out of it and started to clean the blood and burry the body.

And after that I finally enter the mansion, and took a bath. I smell like iron because of the blood.

...

"Did you see her smile just now..?"

"Yeah... It looks like she's a demon... Killing humans and smiling on their corpse..."

"We... We need to report this to the guards!"

57