Chapter 61 – Perish
277 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Beatrice! Where the hell are you?!"

What the hell just happened…!? Beatrice was behind me a second ago, and she suddenly disappeared! Lucifer's upper and lower body disappeared too!

"Beatrice! Beatrice! Where are you!" As I called out her name I heard someone call for her name.

"Beatrice… is already dead…" As I heard someone talking, I turned around and looked above, I saw some ashes that shaped like a face.

"Dead? Beatrice is… dead? What the hell are you talking about?"

"You… you really thought that controlling flames is my unique skill? Well you're wrong if you do. My unique skill is something that can only be used once, if I die that unique skill will activate itself." Though he explained it, I don't have a slight idea what he is talking about.

"Then… Your unique skill is…"

"I don't give it a name but… I will call it Follow Up for now… It's a unique skill (more like passive) that can instantly kill anyone who is near my body if I die. Those flames controlling shit is just normal magic that I have trained for years." As he explains his ability, he's slowly disappearing in the wind.

Those flames are just normal magic?! That's bullshit! There's no way that anyone can make normal magic so powerful unless it's their own unique skill… I underestimate him… because of that, Beatrice is dead and it's my fault…!! At last, the ashes that represent Lucifer completely disappeared in the air.

"I can't… I need to go to Beelzebub and help her… This is the fate that is bestowed upon Beatrice… no one, even god can't change fate… Don't worry Beatrice, I will be sure to avenge your death by killing the demon lord Diavolo, so please… rest in peace, Beatrice…" After that I rushed towards Beelzebub to give her some aid.

[Meanwhile Beelzebub]

"Your friends rush towards an open field, will you not follow them?" Diavolo asked me.

"Will you not follow them; you say…? of course I won't, I still have to defeat you!" As I said, I suddenly charged towards Diavolo and activated Lucy-sama's ability.

Alright! I can still use Lucy-sama's ability, that means she's not dead yet! Using my unique skill, I can copy one of my "allies" magic at a time, but if that ally dies I cannot use their ability anymore.

"Take this Diavolo!!" I attack Diavolo using the shadow scythe, though every attack I did, he easily dodged all of them.

"Too slow, too slow! Beelzebub you're too slow!" Diavolo suddenly appeared close to me and punched me in the stomach.

"Khaaa--!!?"

"That was fast Beelzebub."

"Not…"

"Hm…?"

"Not yet!!" As I shouted that, I swung the scythe and attacked Diavolo with it but unfortunately he dodged it as well. That "was close… if I happen to get touched by those hands I will disappear like Lucy-sama and Ariel." I thought of myself as I charged towards Diavolo and tried to hit him with my attacks. He, for some reason, has a good sense and dodges all the attacks and also he seems to be enjoying it.

At times like this, I need to use Ariel's magic and stop time so I can give the finishing blow. Is what I thought but when I tried to use the magic.

"Time Stop!"

Nothing happened.

"W… what's wrong…?! Time Stop! Time Stop! … Time Stop!!" I kept chanting and chanting but the ability didn't activate. I said it myself; if an ally dies I won't be able to use their ability anymore… Then that means…

"Oh my… it seems that even a goddess can't defeat me, and just died protecting a demon lord's daughter, a demon lord's assistant, and some random humans. What a pathetic way to die."

"You… You…!!" Suddenly Diavolo appeared Infront of me.

"This is the end. Demon lord's assistant, Beelzebub. Farewell." And just a single attack, he impaled me on my stomach using his arm.

"Khaa…!!?"

"Even without using my unique skill, I can dispose of a demon lord's assistant."

"Kh…." Even though I feel like my strength is slowly leaving my body, I keep trying to push him off.

"But you proved yourself that you are useful to my daughter, Lilith. By sacrificing yourself to buy time for her, you made yourself useful. Even though I sent her to another dimension, I still can feel that she is here and slowly coming to this spot."

"Of… course she will… She'll not give up… Not until… Your head faces the ground… .."

"You should not talk anymore, you're done. Just stay quiet and die."

"I don't… Know… About that…"

"...!?" Diavolo noticed it and tried to dodge but still got hit, a black sword pierced to his arm and the black sword seems to be made of Lucy-sama's magic.

"I'm… here!!" A shout from Lucy-sama's friend, Elaine.

"You son of a…!!?" Diavolo tries to grab the sword but suddenly the sword changes its shape and becomes a scythe.

"Say goodbye to this arm, old man!!" Lucy-sama suddenly appeared and using the scythe that changed from a sword, she sliced off Diavolo's left arm.

4