Chapter 63 – The rising sun
211 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Diavolo tried to flee from the battle, I used my shadow to grab his legs and drag him to the ground.

"You're weakness… It's sunlight!!" As I shouted that, Diavolo looked terrified and wanted to get out of here and enter the shades.

"Let go… Let go of me, rascal!!" As he said that he sliced off the shadow that is holding him down and started to run towards the forest and enter its shade. I chased after him and tried to catch him with my shadow, and as I ran I noticed that Beelzebub seems to already regain some or her energy so I called her.

"Beelzebub!! Stand up and chase after him! Don't let him enter the shades!" Beelzebub heard my call and rushed towards Diavolo, she used my ability to create a shadow hook and launch it towards Diavolo and successfully hook him on his legs. Beelzebub's plan seems to be working so I used my shadow to create a hook too and launch it towards him, and I hooked his other legs. After that we both tried to pull him far from the shades.

"Don't get in my way!!" Using his own sword, he slices off his own legs and instantly regenerates them. As he regenerates his legs, he continues to run and successfully enters the shade of the tree.

"I-I did it!! I… …!?" As he enters the shade he notices a shadow that is connected to me. Now that my shadow and the tree's shadow are now connected, I used the shadow below Diavolo to blast him off towards us. 

"Gaaaahh!!!" My attack seems to deal him some damage, and as he falls on the ground, Beelzebub rushes to the place where he will land and creates a scythe using my ability.

"Diavolo!!" Beelzebub shouts as he slices Diavolo in half, splitting his upper body to his lower body. I noticed that his upper body is slowly regenerating a new lower body. It feels so gross just looking at it…

1-2 more minutes until the sun rises, I need to hold him until then. It seems that luck is not on our side, some of Diavolo's allies start to show up and rush towards us.

"Kh… Beelzebub! Go and hold them back, I will be the one to keep him under sunlight!"

"Got it!" Beelzebub ran towards the demons and using the scythe, she sliced them one by one, piece by piece. As she fought those demons, I sat on Diavolo's chest and kept him on the ground.

"Diavolo, your allies will not arrive here on time, in a few more seconds, the sunlight will end your life."

"Foolish daughter… Do you think that I am afraid of death? Don't make me laugh, I experienced death before, dying in my second life is nothing."

"... .. So do I… this is my second life…"

"... Huh…? What do you mean…?"

"Nothing… Nothing particularly… Just wait here and wait for the sun to rise…"

Just a little more… Just a little more, this battle will be finally over… Ariel… Beatrice… Just a little more… Just a… Suddenly my vision became blurry and it started hard to breathe. My body feels so cold yet so hot and I can hardly feel my fingertips. My wound on my stomach… I'm starting to feel pain in my stomach… Elaine-sama… please wake up and come here… Help me… I'm starting to lose my strength, and Diavolo noticed it.

"Haha… it seems that I will not die alone… It hurts isn't it? The wound on your stomach is starting to bleed. If I remember correctly, I hit some of your vital organs and your lower thoracic spine. In any moment, you will die." Even though Diavolo speaks I can't hear it, but I can see his mouth moving, so he seems to be saying something. After a while, he completely regenerated his lower body without me noticing it. In the first place, I was planning to cut it off again if he completely regenerated his lower body, but I don't have any more strength to even lift a limb.

"... .. It seems… You finally died…" Diavolo stood up and entered the shades. And for me, I fall on the ground and lose sense of my surroundings.

"Crap! I forgot to post this chapter!" I said that as I look for more chapters on my Google docs

3