Chapter 103
424 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{A/N : If you want to support me or read more chapters in advanced consider becoming a patreón: patreón.com/keetarp and if you want to join the discord server: https://discord.gg/5TjDmwUWuG}

....

"She is Crista Felineca, My aunt"

Lita smiled triumphantly looking at the slightly interested expression on Leylin's face. She has never divulged this relationship of her to anyone she deems unimportant, in the whole academy only the Principal knows of her real connection with the Royal Family. For her to actually discern this to Leylin, shows her trust and consideration for his ability as well as her desire to rob him in.

Leylin actually really didn't care much about this Queen or whatever but he still was a bit interested in this offer. The playfulness in his personality was significantly stirred looking at her charming face.

"What do you say Teacher Karrion, If you think that's not enough, I would talk to the Queen to get you some greater benifits. Even a Noble title is highly probable or maybe even more....!" Lita pursed her dark brown lips and said the last sentence in an extremely enchanting voice, she also stroked her slim and long figure on his broad and chiseled chest drawing circles.

Leylin smiled ever so softly and grabbed her slim bewitching waist and looked into her clear mesmerizing eyes. If he didn't knew any better he would have even accused her of using an enchanting or illusion spell on him, Although that move would have been a stupid and suicidal one. As an expert in the field himself, Leylin knows for sure that this is her charm not a spell.

'She probably practice a bit peculiar cultivation technique and must have a weird beast, maybe the likes of Maya Demon Fox' Leylin analysed her unique situation and attributed it, as an eccentric of a bizarre cultivation method. After gathering dozens of Cultivation Method here and numerous meditation techniques in South Coast, Leylin has learned that there is simply no end to the uncanny ways one could unravel the truth of the world, There is too many branches, shape, form, kind and type of The Magus Path.

Leylin could even recall the information about the various beasts he had recorded from the library into his database, and their availability in this locality, guessing her Tamed Beast.

Leylin lowered his head a little almost touching her seductive lips with his own. He looked into her eyes gently. Lita eyelashes shuttered and her heart began to beat frantically, as she was about to close her eyes and bend a bit forward, suddenly Leylin's dreamy eyes gushed a illusionary purple hue and morphed into a Purple color gem into his orbital lobe.

Lita was caught off guard and she couldn't even resist as she was caught into a spell.

"Purple Demon Eyes: Phantasm"

Lita's eyes turned unfocused and her expression became stoic, and a glazed look settled in her previously mischievous eyes.

Leylin expression turned neutral as he observed her slight shock, futile resistance and eventual defeat, he selectively didn't use a malicious spell since he didn't wish to injure her. So far Leylin has observed no malevolent intentions in her actions and hence his leniency, but if he were to find any underlying scam then...

"Let's see what you have got! " Leylin eyes shone as he attempted to peak into her memories and gather some extra information to find her intentions to approach him. As he was about to do so, suddenly a dangerous and fierce intent flared up inside her sea of consciousness. Leylin eyes widen as he hastily retreated his consciousness, not giving it a chance to do anything.

Leylin immediately understood that her mind is probably being protected and there is some solid barricading too. Such a security is only possible to be employed by a Rank 2 Magus or someone of equal strength. If he were to intrude and force his way through, the clash will most definitely destroy the battlefield, That being Lita's sea of consciousness. Then she will be turned into a useless idiot.

Such a defensive method on ones sea of consciousness can be introduced by various means, it can either be by some oath, spell or an artifacts, it could even be linked to her Cultivation method. Quite Frankly, there is many things that could achieve such a feat, but all of them comes at a price, a price that not just anybody is willing to pay. Lita must have a pretty good standing for someone to invest so much. Maybe it was the Queen herself, seeing how she is her Nephew and aide.

Here in the Beast world, the existence that can be equivalent in strength to a Rank 2 Magus are at Captain Stage! That is already the peak level in Felineca Empire.

Someone at Captain Stage must have paid a price to deploy such a method on her.

'It seems I may have underestimated them a little'

"*Tsk* Although I could probably break the barrier and force my way though, but as a consequences it will most definitely destroy her mind, She will be in no better shape than Ramon Greg was! " Leylin thought as he gently caressed her beautiful and flawless face, as he felt that this is such a pity.

*Sigh*

"Purple Demon Eyes: Samsara Retell!"

Leylin changed his spell and used greater strength to conjure a mighty spell which would force the victims to relay all the information that they can without any unnecessary damage. This spell is much more taxing than his previous ones as he would also have to make sure the victim is kept safe and it's main drawback is that he would have to ask verbally.

As a Magi how could Leylin not have other means to achieve his goals.

Lita's eyes become a bit focused but remained ever so slightly a little confused and a plain and respectful expression surfaced on her otherwise stoic face.

"What a pain!" Leylin exclaimed as he cracked his neck a bit. He looked at her with a boorish expression and asked, "Tell me if there is any hidden catch behind that offer you made, What is this Queen Crista planning? what is the intent behind your seduction, and what do you exactly want from me? " Leylin has decided to not take any lethal actions towards her, he just asked her some question as he was a bit interested about them.

"There is no hidden meaning behind Her Majesty offers towards Mr. Karrion, She just wants to rope you in her group, since you are assumed to be without any background and has claimed a prestigious position. Your position is a bit rocky so she decided to help you out in return of your allegiance." Lita answered in a monotonous voice but her sexy voice cannot be concealed.

"Why? What's so special about a freaking teacher?" Leylin raised an eyebrow as he asked. The strength he has shown in public eye is just a mere Master Sergeant stage beast Tamer, although that is considered good in the public eye, to a Queen it's not a must have powerhouse.

"You underestimate the appeal of recruiting a talented teacher like you. As a teacher of the Elite class, you will be an important figure in the eyes of the students, these students come from prestigious background and their support and in extension their family's support can be quite helping. Especially someone like Miss Rhea Allen. They are also very talented and pretty much sure to become powerhouses in the future too. "

'Hmm that silver haired girl again! " Leylin thought as he knew that Rhea Allen is her name, at least her alias name here.

"I don't think that the whole reason, no? So why is she going through such a farce anyways. Is it a Power struggle or something?"

Lita nodded her head in agreement and explained ,"Lady Crista wants to push her son, The First Prince to become the rightful successor and the next Emperor. By all rights he should be entitled to such an treatment but unfortunately the fourth prince is very talented and he has also shown his intrest in vying for the Emperor title."

"The Fourth prince has planned well and has acquired quite a bit of support from some powerful noble family that wants to scrap some benefit from this clash of princes. All other Princes and politically active family has decided to choose one of these parties and support them."

Lita began to discuss and explain about the Royal distress to Leylin. he listened to her explanation with a detached expression but inwardly he still had a question for all of this infighting.

"Wait a minute! According to what I know, currently the borders are facing some problems right! and War may broke out any moment. So why is the current Emperor letting this fight be? Don't tell me he is too old or 'ill' to do something?"

"No, His Majesty Austin Felineca is well and healthy and he also holds the strongest prestige in all of the Felineca Empire. "

"The reason why he is not doing anything is because His majesty doesn't care about such trivial matters. His Majesty invests most of his time, busy in his attempt to breakthrough to a greater realm. If given the chance, handing the Emperor position to his descendants is something he dearly awaits, to finally retire and enter seclusion in peace" As Lita was narrating about the emperor peculiar attitude, her upper lips kept twitching presumably a bit pissed and helpless at the emperor's antics.

In this world, strength reign supreme. Only those who have lost all hope of advancing further down the line waste their time playing king. True emperor are powerful existence and their desire to crave greater power is much more intense then acting as an Emperor. Many Emperor are only fulfilling their duty passed down for the ancestors to not sully the Family name, in fact they would jump at the chance to hand this position over to someone else. Given that the person must be capable enough obviously. One such retainer of an uncanny personality is Austin Felineca.

"From our ancestors time, The Royal Family advocates a fierce competition. This is how His Majesty became the emperor and how his successors should as well." Lita said, although Leylin highly believe that the current emperor become the ruler to just get the benefits of having a whole treasury full of Cultivation resources in his disposal and now that he has gotten all the necessary things he is quite eager to hand this position over and wholeheartedly cultivate in peace.

"Of course if his majesty favours someone they will obviously become the crown prince instantly, but the chances of that happening is quite low. So the princes has to duke it amongst themselves and, as you said because of the unrest in the border they have to do so quickly!"

"Okay, I understand all that, now just answer one more questions. What about you? Surely you don't need to go to such lengths to recruit me! "

"Eh" Lita's face become flushed at the question, Leylin widen his eyes at her displayed expression.

9