Chapter 109
440 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

{A/N : If you want to support me or read more chapters in advanced consider becoming a patreón: patreón.com/keetarp and if you want to join the discord server: https://discord.gg/5TjDmwUWuG}

....

As Leylin called out, an enormous and horrifying umbra black snake slither towards him, it was none other than his trusty Sheshnaag. After a period of terror in the outer region, Leylin thought there was no longer any need for it to stay put there, Sheshnaag was stuck at the Peak Rank 1 Magus level and without Leylin help in introducing any catalyst, it had little chance for advancement hence, Leylin summoned him here in this adjusting forest near to Rose Petal Royal Academy.

Sheshnaag with his impressive strength has established as the top predator in the forest, becoming the Boss Beast here.

Sheshnaag adorably came near Leylin and began to shove his head near his feet, looking to be pet. Leylin lightly scratched it's enormous head and small horns at the crown of the head.

"Don't worry, Your Chance will also come. Recently one of my previous experiments hasn't been much yielding but it can be a great chance for you, be patient" Leylin thought as he waved a spell around the fighting area.

Suddenly the area began to revert back to it's initial state, erasing all evidence of the previous confrontation. The scorch marks were erased, the muds began to reflow as if someone turn back time and the scene began to clear up.

The beast Tamers may be strong but they cannot compare to the mysterious ways of the Magi. Leylin believes that if he is given enough time, opportunity, data, resources and with ample preparation he could even bend the top dogs of this world on their knees with his unique and bizarre ways.

Leylin walked near Wright and proceeded to then check for any spatial rings on person for Wright, surely enough he found a ring wrapped around his neck like a pendant. He grabbed the ring and yanked it off, as he began to search in it.

Obviously Wright installed some protective methods on it, but sadly it couldn't hinder Leylin more than a few seconds.

Leylin didn't hold much hope and as expected there wasn't much but still one particular item caught his eyes.

Leylin took out the item in his hand and began to examine it, The item was a spherical black colored ball with fine black particles dancing in the centre of it. Immediately after a little examination Leylin recognised what this is.

"So Wright wanted to poach off The Principal with it huh" Leylin muttered as he hold the item. This is called a Spirit Core, and these are extracted from the bodies of Strong Beasts, this particular core is an extremely rare Darkness element Spirit Core, an item that the principle, Keith Henry would absolutely not mind betraying Leylin for. Well that is if he had the guts to, after being aware of the gap between their strength.

Leylin has taken an intrest in these items a while back and had Sheshnaag try acquiring a bunch of it, Sadly not every beast necessarily has a Spirit Core making this a rare item. As the strength of the beast increase the chances of Spirit Core appearing also increases, it is said that any beast at Captain stage and above is sure to have Spirit Core. Unfortunately, Sheshnaag doesn't have the ability to retrieve cores from such an existence.

These are an extremely important resource and are very important component for a beast tamer to increase their advancement and chances of breaking through to a higher realm hence they are highly sought after.

Leylin found it's usefulness in various components of his studies spanning from alchemy, potioneering, formation, etc. There is simply a ridiculous demand but an extreme shortage of supply.

When a beast tamers gets a beast they usually do so at the earliest stages of their career. Most do so at Private Stage, but it's not absolutely necessary at that level, you are free to choose whenever as long as you haven't surpassed Corporeal Stage, Above that and it's not possible. Actually it's not possible to reach an higher stage without doing so.

So, The beast that is tamed usually varies from a Private to Corporeal Stage strength level. Some genius could take the risk of taming some beast at a higher level with the help of elders but that's besides the point.

Once a beast has been merged with ones soul at Sergeant stage, they cannot change their beast at a whim, it's an extremely dangerous situation. One would risk high chances of failure, death at worst and depravity of strength at best.

So the question is what happens to beasts which have evolved past that point, why would a beast tamer risk his life to hunt such an existence if they find not much value for a Tamed beast, so the tie breaker in this situation is the appearance of Spirit Core. This makes the system rolling where both the Beasts and the beasts tamers keep each other in check.

A beast with an Spirit Core is technically much stronger than a beast without it, for a beast tamer to kill such an existence they need to take huge risk and assemble a party full of Beast Tamers nearing the Stage of the beast targeted to hunt.

Leylin pocketed the Spirit Core and looked at the almost cleared up area, "It's time to go! "

Sheshnaag changed it's shape and become much smaller, more like a miniature version of itself and slided into Leylin's clothes. Although it was raining heavily, not a single drop of water was present on his Leylin's body, it is as if water choose to ignore him.

Leylin took the knocked out Wright and flew off at an unbelievable speed becoming one with the dark and cloudy night.

7