Arthur’s New Battle Personas!
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once Arthur went back inside to find Vhalen, his shoulders dropped while thinking about the dread he experienced from the 'training' Alex hurled towards him. 

The youth never experienced what it was like to have his heart manipulated to such an extent...!

Most of the time, HE was the one being the most dominant figure. 

Arthur was always a force of nature when he fought and couldn't be stopped by anything or anyone... 

…but after butting heads with his scholarly friend again and again, he realised something he really should've figured out about himself long ago... and that was his 'weakness' as a human Warrior.

Sure, he under-utilised his Wonder Style Drawing Skills, but even if he had used them masterfully in their fights, Alex would have most likely still beaten him up. That was how great the difference was.

He was under no illusions about his strength after having his wrist broken and his Godly Physique bruised all over.

The unpredictability of his Wonder Style wasn't really that amazing... and it probably had to do with how it didn't suit his personality. He would be better off if he just utilised the Fire and Light Attributes instead of focusing on all of them.

However, Arthur couldn't do that. 

He didn't want to stop learning his now departed sister, Rebecca's, last memento. Although he didn't understand how to use Elemental Draw as effectively as his sister, he wouldn't let go of it.

This was his only pride…

He felt like he would be losing the only thing left behind by his sister if he gave up this technique.

That's why, instead of focusing on what he couldn't do, he concentrated on thinking on what he CAN do right now, even if it wasn't much... and that was how he could apply 'Battle Personas' to his style.

The 'Shadow Swordsmanship' and the 'Blood Swordsmanship' he incorporated into his Wonder Style were extras he added on for the sake of varying his move-set.

He immediately cut them from the visualisation of the new Style that was taking form in his mind. 

This was especially true in regards to Blood Swordsmanship, as it wasn't quite suited for him.

Compared to other Magic Skills, those with the Blood Attribute incorporated into them were fairly vicious in nature. It had qualities Alex advised him not to have, so he chose to throw it all away...

So what if he had trained 'Blood Attributed Drawing Skills' for many years? If his Bro said it didn't suit his style, then he'll believe him. After all, he saw the logic in why that Attribute wasn't suitable for him.

No, it was more accurate to say that it was TOO suitable for Arthur and made his friend worry needlessly. The Blood Attribute had always had the nature of killing and stealing attached to it.

Even his Blood Attributed Spell Slot essentially took magic from others. No other beneficial effects.

Just imagining how he'd turn out if he got used to Sword Skills of the Blood Attribute…

…made him visualise himself as something worse that a your average 'berserker'. A real tragic future.

The brawny youth would surely become a masterful 'slaughterer' with the ability to cause injuries that couldn't be fixed by Healers easily... 

The 'Bleeding' Ailment was pretty tough.

Considering his merciless personality, Blood Draws actually suited him as much as Fire Draws and Light Draws did. However, training it would go against the advice of not using his 'Strong Persona' in battle. He had to put it down for his own sake...

As he was thinking about how to reorder his fighting style, he opened the living room door to see the handsome midget of a Second Prince massaging a girl's back... He even straddled her so his palms could better knead her firm shoulders.

"Am I interrupting something?" Arthur didn't seem to have much of a reaction as he looked at them.

His expression of disinterest was like this: (눈_눈)

Eyebrows lowered, eyes narrowed. Not looking the least bit curious about what was going on here.

His mind was preoccupied at the moment.

"Err... Nothing! What happened to you...?!" Vhalen quickly got off her, feeling embarrassed. Then was immediately shocked by the injuries Arthur had all over him. He wondered if Alex always treated his friend this badly and waved the girls to the side.

Arthur didn't seem to care about the presence of the quintuplets as he walked inside nonchalantly.

"Please heal my wrist first." He didn't pay Vhalen since Healers generally didn't take money for their services, nor were they required to give money for anything to live. 

He didn't care who the person healing him was and stretched out his arm.

"Sure..." The Second Prince already understood the brawny youth's personality somewhat. 

He went straight to trying to heal him completely rather than patching him up. 

Alex had already did a pretty good job at doing that on his wrist anyway...

The quintuplets watched silently…

Arthur was similarly massaged by Vhalen, but the handsome shorty used up a lot more energy to heal the person before him as sweat dropped from his forehead. He was taking this really seriously...!

"You're lucky I'm here." The shorty mumbled. 

He felt the differences in trying to heal a Godly Physique and a regular body. It was really hard…

"...What?" Arthur didn't understand his words.

"A normal Healer would take an entire week to heal you." Vhalen continued while circulating his Mana.

As someone with the Imperial Lineage of the Time Attribute, he was able to incorporate some 'time rewinding' power into his Healing Touch even if it was sealed. This was what allowed him to reverse the damages on Arthur faster than anyone else.

A Godly Physique may be mighty and rarely got injured properly, but it was harder to fix up than others. You could say that the stronger a person was physically, the harder it was to heal them...

"Whew... Done!" After finishing the procedure, he lightly slapped Arthur's good-as-new shoulder.

After getting fixed up, he left without a word. This caused the previously light mood between the handsome shorty and the quintuplets to turn awkward. They found the youth to be intriguing.

"That was the childhoods friend of this mansion's owner. He doesn't seem to be in a good mood, so I suggest you all don't get too close to him." Vhalen advised. He felt they were ready to meet Alex.

"What ya gonna tell em'?" Asked one of the sisters.

They were curious to know if he'd tell the truth.

"Everything. Hiding your origins would only make him more suspicious of you. Don't lie in front of this house's owner. You'll regret it if you do so." The shorty remembered what happened with Fear...

...He wondered if they were getting along now.

Though the expert Healer would be disappointed if he had known the answer to that, Fear was still annoyed with the scholarly youth for almost taking off her mask. She hid her face for a reason.

Not only that, but she hated those who didn't understand what was keeping appropriate distance. This was mostly why she poked at his soft spot whenever she got the chance to do so.

A deep frown formed on his face after she asked her question. He walked off without saying a word.

Both he and Arthur were unaware of the tensions cropping up between the two though. The brawny youth even forgot she even existed. There was only so many things his brain could remember at a time. 

Arthur was thinking of how to fix his problems...

If he replaced the Blood Draw with his Light Draw in his Wonder Style, he would no longer have to worry about shifting from someone who sometimes becomes a berserker to an accidental slaughterer while fighting. 

However, that didn't change the fact that that using his Wonder Style was itself not compatible with the 'Gentle Persona' he was forming... It was too spontaneous to work properly in battle.

He needed something more 'rational'. A fighting style that didn't rely solely on his instinctual acts.

While he was mulling over the ways he could solve this issue, he walked into the study Lily was using and saw how she seemed wholly invested in the data gathered on rhe Rune Magic unique to Alex.

This... as well as his special form of 'technology'.

The intellectual girl seemed so absorbed in her research that she didn't notice him come in, nor did she realise that her eyes were red from staring for too long. It was another day in a wise wolf's life.

"You should take a break." Arthur went forward and closed her book before giving an uncompromising look. He made her lean back on the chair she was sitting on and got her to close her eyes for a bit.

"Thanks..." Lily immediately realised that she might have overstuffed her brain with the new magical equations and expressed her gratitude. Then she secretly opened her eyes into a tiny slit to glance at the brawny youth before asking the question:

"What's wrong?"

"I'm trying to recreate my fighting style."

"Sounds difficult, and you came to me because...?"

"You're a Combat Prodigy."

"Hah..." She closed her eyes and sighed before explaining something not many would know:

"The more talented you are, the harder it is to teach other people your skills. I can't really help you create a wholly new fighting style." She had to disappoint him on this matter.

It wasn't like she wanted him to accidentally train the wrong way.

"Even a little help would be fine." He didn't seem to mind and wanted to hear her opinion regardless.

There weren't many people with her level of intelligence and understanding on the elements. 

If the fact she was a Combat Prodigy made it harder to advise him on fighting, then her lack of 'talent' towards magic should be able to help him in comprehension. It'd let her see things in his stance.

That's why he explained everything that happened with Alex to her without hiding anything. 

When she heard about how he was beaten up, she hid her surprise. 

It was strange for someone who cared about Arthur so much would… beat him up so badly.

In her own perspective: It seemed a little hardcore.

Though she also understood where the scholarly freak was coming from regarding this Warrior...

"Have you fought people before?"

"I've hunted Monstrous Beasts." The brawny youth promptly said. He didn't know why she asked.

"That isn't the same thing. People who fight others with the intent to injure them tend to feel guilty while doing so. No one likes hurting other people even if they are born to be Warriors by Class."

"Really?" He never experienced that.

"...Anyway, there are those who create Dark Personas, or even fully separate Dark Egos for the sake of continuing on. They need something to blame to feel less responsible for their actions."

"That's just running away..." Arthur scoffed.

 He'd never blame another if he hurt someone.

"Not everyone is like you... who is so willing to be responsible if you ever went berserk- No, but that's not the point! The reason I'm bringing this up is because your perspective on it all is wrong."

"How...?"

"You're thinking too simplistically. Do you even know why he's making you focus on 'gentleness'?"

"It's most likely because I'm too savage, right?"

"Wrong. It's because you're heavily reliant on Skills and techniques that are too lethal in nature."

"Please get to the point. Hah... You must've already thought of something if you're explaining this."

"...You're sharp. Okay, I DO have a solution." She smiled before saying something he didn't expect:

"Limit yourself."

"...What?" Arthur couldn't help but answer. He found her so-called 'solution' to be unreasonable!

The brawny youth looked a bit like this: (?Д?)ノ

There were one big question mark that seemed to rise from his expression. It was way too obvious...

"When you're in your 'Gentle Persona', limit what Skills you will use to the Water Attribute."

"...I'm dumb so please explain." He spoke humbly since he didn't understand why he had to do it.

Arthur's alarmed face looked like this: ( ̄口 ̄)!!

That question mark above his head was paired with multiple exclamation marks regarding this ordeal.

"Water is as gentle as the 'persona' you're trying to create. It's the Attribute most incompatible with your personality. Therefore, limiting yourself to only using it will force you to think more outside the box." She explained patiently with closed eyes.

"What about my other Elemental Draws?" He didn't want to stop using them even for the sake of his childhood friend. Those other techniques were Drawing Skills he felt sentimental towards and didn't want to let go of even if he was to die.

"Make other Battle Personas for them as well. 

I mean, he never said you had to make only one of them, right? 

If we consider your normal way of fighting the 'Strong Persona' and paired it with the 'strong' Fire Draw, your 'Gentle Persona' with your Water Draw, while making your Light Draw the only consistent one you can use with every one of you Personas.

Then… you could continue keep training the five elements without having to give any of them up."

From what he understood, making his 'True Self' the nexus point for four Battle Personas would make it easier for him to train. Using his Divine Heart, it should be possible for him to control his own consciousness to the level of creating them.

So long as he was mentally stable, there shouldn't be any problem with creating four Battle Personas.

"You're a frickin' genius...!!!" Her idea was perfect for him and even complemented his own desires.

"I know~ I'm going to sleep here for a bit, so just don't make too much noise while you're training."

"Got it~!" He waved at Lily despite her not being able to see him and left with a spring in his steps.

Lily sighed once again. The girl realised she might have accidentally created a 'weirdo' of the sword.

But that didn't matter as long as he was satisfied with her answer. 

She hoped he succeeded in training those Battle Personas to his liking. Without complications.

After all, having someone strong nearby was always welcome. 

The day slowly ended as she rested.

Just as the sun set in the horizons, there was one person who came across someone he didn't expect to see while walking around outside to calm himself. 

Alex went to a museum and heard two people talking to each other before the day ended.

It was the museum's Manager and a woman he hadn't seen before but felt familiar towards...

He didn't want to eavesdrop even if it sparked his interest, but overheard something surprising:

"...If you won't join willingly, I'll force you into it!"

0