Author’s Note: Prequels
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've decided to do the prequels first to give this story more meaning. 

'Battlefield Restart: Mortal God' is something like Mushoku Tensei in a way. Except now I actually know how to write a redemption arc instead of just copy pasting different ideas.

I used to think each chapter should be like brushstrokes. That every line should have meaning. However, I forgot that 'intensity' didn't equate to having more meaning than another.

I realise now that in a Kishotenketsu formulaic story: Development was similar to Slice of Life.

While the introduction is the building blocks, a proper development is like cement that sticks everything together. Only after doing so would a 'Twist' have meaning on a proper foundation.

I've realised that Mushoku Tensei was so good since a static protagonist who doesn't want to change, then is forced to do it, goes well with character redemption. Since a flaw can't be erased easily, regardless of how one tries.

People are drawn to what they're familiar to. 

Armed with better understanding of writing that can't be described without writing for a few years, I'm going to bite the bullet. I'm going to make some changes to some backstories.

Especially those regarding the 'Godly Siblings', I'm going to write in a way that keeps the appeal and shows a more gradual growth rather than constant twists without foundation.

Hope you guys will have fun until then.

Peace!

0