1. Cheap & Silly
4.7k 13 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This is the second installment of our Mara series. It picks up a couple weeks after the final chapter of the 1st installment.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and pouted. It really seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that we were almost ready to head out, my ten-dollar halloween costume looked exactly like I spent ten dollars on it.

The rest of me was cute and adorable and amazing as ever. I was wearing a little black dress, black tights, and low-heeled black shoes. My long straight black hair had a little bit of a shine to it. My make-up was a little bit dark and gothy, just the way I liked it.

The problem was the horns and tail looked cheap and silly because that's exactly what they were. Flimsy red plastic horns on a hair band, and a flimsy red fabric tail tied around my waist. I also had a little red plastic pitchfork in my hand.

I sighed and said loud enough for Melissa to hear, "My costume's pathetic. I'm not sure I want to go."

It was the last Saturday of October. Halloween wasn't till Thursday but there was a party tonight that me and Melissa were invited to. One of the guys from college was hosting it, and it was supposed to be a big deal. I'd never been invited to anything like it before, neither had Melissa, so we were both excited. Except now I was having second thoughts.

My best-friend slash roommate slash not-girlfriend joined me in the bathroom. She was wearing a hot-pink sweater and a black skirt with pink hearts around the lower edge. The three-inch heels she was wearing had her towering over me. She was four or five inches taller than me to begin with and the high-heels put her just under six feet. Her long wavy sunny-blonde hair cascaded partway down her back. Her make-up was bright and cheerful to match her personality.

Melissa's costume wasn't any more fancy than mine. She had pink plastic cat-ears on a hair band, and a flimsy pink fabric tail tied around her waist.

"I doubt anyone will care about the quality of our costumes Mara," she replied as she checked her hair and make-up. "It's not a costume contest, it's a party. They're just using the costumes as an excuse."

I was still pouting, "They're all probably going to be doing really fancy stuff. We look like we fished these out of a bargain-bin on our way to the party."

As I looked at the two of us in the mirror, I had to admit we were an odd pair. Apart from the fact that I was usually smiling, I was the 'small dark mysterious' one. I was five-foot-four, petite, and my skin was dusky and my eyes were dark green. I sort of looked like a friendlier, happier Wednesday Addams, who also spent a lot more time in the sun so she wasn't so pale.

Melissa was tall and slim with fair skin, blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Where I was usually happy, she was bubbly. She had the whole hourglass figure thing going on, with the hips and butt and narrow waist, and she was very busty. I guess what I was trying to avoid saying, was she was more or less what you might picture if you heard the word 'bimbo'. She even acted the part sometimes, but it was really just an act. You wouldn't guess from looking at her, but she was pretty smart. A lot smarter than me, anyways.

The other thing you'd never guess by looking at her, or me either for that matter, was we were both trans. Up until four and a half months ago, we both looked like a pair of tall quiet awkward guys. Melissa at least knew she was trans, though she was still in the closet at that time. I was an egg with the densest shell ever.

Then I got run over by an SUV. I was saved by a friendly demon, and reincarnated into this cute sexy body that was perfect for me. Now me and the demon were friends and partners, bound together for life. When my best friend figured out that I was happier after reincarnating as a girl, she explained to me about being trans and I finally hatched, a week after I became a girl. Like I said, my shell was dense. Then I found out my friend was trans too, and my demonic partner helped Melissa with a magical transition of her own.

Me and Melissa were still best friends, and now we were roommates. We were in our first year of college together, taking all the same classes. In addition to living together, we also slept together fairly regularly, and had semi-frequent sex with each other. I was pretty sure we weren't girlfriends though. I figured, best friends with significant benefits was the best way to describe us.

My not-girlfriend rolled her eyes, "Our costumes look like bargain-bin specials because that's exactly what they are. What did you expect us to look like?"

"I don't know," I sighed. "Maybe I thought they'd look sexier? Or it would be more obvious that we were being ironic?"

I pulled off my clip-on horns then untied and removed the tail.

"Hey!" Melissa frowned. "What are you doing? Don't tell me you're cancelling on me?"

I sighed again, "Sorry Melissa. I just don't think I can do it."

She was still frowning at me in the mirror, then her eyes lit up. "Hey, why don't you ask Lily for help? Maybe she can magic you up a better costume?"

"Seriously?" I raised an eyebrow at her, but I didn't have any better ideas. I looked at myself in the mirror and asked, "Lily? Have you been listening in to all this?"

"Yes Mara," she replied. She sounded slightly off tonight, like maybe she was bored or something. She almost sounded a little sarcastic as she asked, "Would you like me to 'magic you up' a better costume?"

Ever since she reincarnated me, Lily basically lived in my head. I preferred to think of it as our head and our body, because I felt like she had as much right to it as me. But ninety-nine percent of the time I was the one who was actually 'in' it. She could take over, and I'd wind up in what I called 'the back seat', where I was awake and aware of what was happening but I couldn't interfere. And sometimes I'd end up taking a nap while she was driving the body, which meant I was completely unaware of whatever she was doing.

Mostly though, it was me here and she was like a voice in my head that only I could hear. Though I knew she wasn't unhappy with the arrangement. She actually had a big swanky apartment set up in my mind where she could chill out and stuff. Sometimes I went in there too, there was a way I could sort of step back out of the body and into our head. I didn't do it too often, but it was nice to visit now and then, and nice to see her in person.

I really wasn't sure what sort of costume Lily might come up with, but I figured I should at least give it a try. "Yes please. If you don't mind, if it's not a bother for you."

"It's no trouble Mara," she replied calmly. I could picture her relaxing on her big leather sofa, looking out the window that was our eyes. She'd be seeing the same thing I was, me and Melissa in the bathroom mirror.

I felt a strange skin-crawling sensation across my scalp and around my lower-back. It made me squirm slightly as I gasped "Aaaa!"

The sensation only lasted a couple seconds, then it was over. I looked at myself in the mirror again and my eyes widened. Two dark red horns were sticking out through my hair. They weren't huge, only about three or four inches long, and they had a slight curve to them. They weren't sharp either, the tips were sort of rounded.

Melissa was staring wide-eyed at me as well, but she had a wide smile on her lips. She reached behind me and I felt her hand grab some part of my anatomy that my brain struggled to identify. Then I gasped as she raised her hand up and I saw in the mirror she was holding on to my long dark-red tail, that ended in a little spade tip.

"No way!" I gasped. "Lily you made my cheap silly demon costume real?!"

"Yes Mara," she replied. She still sounded vaguely bored, and I wondered if maybe she didn't get the idea of halloween or costumes. "Now you can attend the party as the silly demon you intended, without worrying about people judging the quality of your costume."

My best friend reached out and touched one of my horns. I gasped and my muscles sort of tensed slightly as a shock of sensation went through me. The experience left a tingling between my legs and I felt my nipples hardening.

Melissa saw my reaction and her smile shifted to a naughty grin, "Ooh, those are sensitive!"

"Uh-oh," I grimaced. I decided to distract my friend and asked, "Lily, can you give Melissa's costume an upgrade too?"

Lily responded, "Yes, if she wants."

I didn't have to relay that, Melissa was already grinning and nodding her head "Oh yes please! Can she? That'd be awesome!"

As I watched, Melissa suddenly squirmed for a second or two. The plastic ears fell off, and the fabric tail came away. Two genuine fuzzy pink cat-ears were now poking up through her hair, and a long furry pink tail was hanging out from under her skirt and swishing back and forth.

"Yeah!" Melissa grinned happily at herself in the mirror. She reached up to feel her new ears, then reached back to feel her tail. "Thanks Lily this is amazing!"

I was still kind of shocked, but I reached up and felt my horns. They were real, they were attached, and they were sensitive. I didn't get the same kind of reaction when I touched them as when Melissa did. There was sensation, but my own fingers on them didn't send shocks down my spine.

I thought to get a closer look at my tail and it seemed to respond, it came up and around my waist so the end of it was in front of me. It was a dark red colour like my horns, and I figured it was about four feet long. Long enough I had to worry about it getting stepped on if I let it drag on the floor. I could even do the thing Lily did with her tail where she coiled it around her ankle, but mine wasn't long enough or thick enough to get the same effect she got.

It wasn't super-sensitive the way my horns were, but it was still sensitive, more so towards the tip. And it felt warm and soft and smooth, like the skin on my tummy or the inside of my arms. And the fact that I could sort of control it was pretty wild, though it didn't seem as precise or whatever as my hands or arms. Or maybe that was just a matter of practice.

My best friend was still smiling at the two of us in the mirror. She asked me, "So we're on again now right? Going to the party? Nobody's going to call our costumes cheap now!"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, ok. It's going to be kind of wild."

Melissa giggled, "Wild's ok! Wild can be a lot of fun in fact!"

I picked up the cheap plastic pitchfork and smiled. Compared to my real horns and tail, now the pitchfork felt properly ironic. "Ok, I'm ready."

My best friend giggled again, "Then let's go!"

As we got our jackets and purses, I asked "Lily? How long till the 'costumes' wear off?"

"They won't wear off Mara," she replied calmly. "I can remove them of course, when you and Melissa are done with them."

That caught me by surprise. I whispered, "I thought your magic was temporary, unless you had consent?"

"That's correct," she replied. "But I already have your consent thanks to our pact, and Melissa's through her contract."

"Oh, ok."

Still, I didn't realize that gave her blanket consent to do anything else to me. I read our pact pretty carefully before I signed it, and I couldn't remember anything along those lines in it. The only sort of blanket clause I could recall was that I couldn't interfere in any of her 'demonic business'. And I had no idea what was in Melissa's contract. Neither she or Lily said anything about it, and I wouldn't ask.

Not that I was worried, I trusted Lily.

A few minutes later me and Melissa were in the parking garage, trying to figure out the most comfortable way to sit in her car with our tails. And in my case, trying to make sure I didn't bang my horns against the ceiling.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 9 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

175