24. Teammates
1.9k 5 128
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thanks for brunch Mara," Susan smiled. "You make a really nice omelette."

I grinned, "Glad you like it."

Melissa giggled, "She's definitely a keeper. Not only can she cook, but she cleans too!"

I just smiled as the three of us continued eating.

It was late Sunday morning and the three of us were sitting together on the sofa. Once again I was in the middle, the small dusky brunette in between two fair-skinned beauties. Melissa was tallest of course. Susan was about average height, mid-way between me and Melissa.

Yesterday after I woke from my magically-imposed nap I could tell as soon as I saw Susan that she'd joined our team. I was asleep longer than I'd expected, by the time I opened my eyes Melissa was out of the shower and sitting with Susan giving her tips and advice on how to do the whole succubus thing.

Beyond that though, I could just tell by looking. Not that Susan had really changed, but something just seemed different. She looked prettier, more beautiful, but there wasn't really anything specific I could put my finger on. It reminded me of the last few days of Melissa's change, when every morning felt like I was waking up next to a supermodel.

I eventually got used to how hot Melissa looked, but now I was sort of getting that same vibe from Susan. I figured it was something magical, something about the whole part-succubus thing. It made sense, like having some supernatural beauty or whatever would definitely be important for being able to hook up with people all the time.

The three of us spent the rest of Saturday just sort of hanging out and talking, getting to know each other more. Me and Melissa also got Susan up to speed on all our other supernatural demonic business, particularly the stuff about Verothilas being an ongoing threat. We told her about the whole thing with my mom getting affected and how we managed to save her and stuff.

It was kind of funny but the thing she freaked out about most was the Solitare profile picture. Apparently Sue knew something about cartomancy, and the five of hearts, eight of hearts, and upside-down ace of hearts were all really specific in their meaning. And according to her that meaning was 'Danger! Stay very far away from this person!' She also pointed out the upside-down ace should have been a big warning on its own, since cards didn't actually look like that when you turned them around.

Then last night while I was in the kitchen making dinner, Melissa and Susan talked more about succubus stuff. It was like Melissa was the experienced teammate teaching the noob all her tips and tricks. I didn't listen in, I figured if they wanted me to hear it they'd have discussed it while I was still in the room.

Saturday night we had our first experience as a threesome. Susan asked me to have my horns and tail appear, which pretty much sold me on what Melissa was saying earlier. That girl definitely got off on either magic or demonic stuff or both. I was really curious to find out if she got anything along those lines in her contract, but I wouldn't ask. I figured if she did, I'd find out soon enough.

Finally the three of us wound up crowding into one bed together, which was fun but awkward and mostly convinced me we needed bigger beds.

We basically spent the whole weekend together, we were practically family since all three of us were bound together through Lily, and we were starting to try and figure out how we'd make it all work.

"Speaking of sticking around," I said as I looked to Susan, "Melissa and I were talking yesterday morning about maybe looking for a bigger apartment. I thought since we're all a team now, or we're like a family, you might like living with us? Sorry if I'm out of line, but I figured if you were lonely you'd want to move in with us?"

Sue looked surprised at first, but also really happy. She swallowed a mouthful of omelette and grinned "I'd absolutely love that! I wasn't expecting it to come up so soon though? I thought I'd wait a couple weeks before I tried dropping hints or something."

I smiled, "So what do you think? Should we start looking for a three-bedroom apartment?"

Susan blushed as she had a gulp of her coffee. She grimaced and confessed "So when I told you I lived in a little one-bedroom apartment... That was kind of a lie I used to avoid questions."

Melissa frowned, "What kind of questions? Where do you live?"

"I actually own a house," Susan replied. "It was my dad's, I inherited it when he died. It needs some work, like it's been six years and I can't really afford to maintain the place?"

I was staring at her now as I asked "Wait are you suggesting we move in there with you?"

Susan shrugged slightly, "It's an option? Like I said, it needs some maintenance. And it's not a huge place, but it does have three bedrooms. There's a good-sized master, then a single and a double."

"I think we should go have a look," Melissa suggested. "Where is it?"

Susan replied, "Not far. It's only about ten or fifteen minutes away by bus? It's just a little ways west of here."

I smiled, "Then let's go see it after breakfast."

After a moment I added, "I'll have to figure out how to explain all this to my mom, but like she's paying the rent on this place right? Maybe we can just get her to pay you rent instead. Then you'd have money to cover whatever repairs or maintenance you need?"

Susan frowned, "Your mom pays your rent?"

I blushed again, "Yeah. My mom uh, came into some money over the summer? She pays for the apartment, and she gave me and Melissa money for college too. Then we both make spending money off our cam-girl stuff."

Sue looked back and forth between me and Melissa, then asked "You sell nudes online too Melissa?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "It was Mara's idea, but I have to admit it's fun and we both make some money at it. What about you Susan? Are you working?"

The redhead shook her head, "No. Like I said, I inherited the house when dad died? I also got his life insurance money. That's what I'm living on. It's enough for tuition and to keep me going, but it's going to run out in about four years. Maybe less, if the cost of everything keeps going up. I'm hoping that after college I'll get a good nursing job that will pay well enough. Otherwise I'll have to sell the house and figure something else out."

I thought about that, then said "I wouldn't be surprised if Lily could help out somehow. But in the meantime if we can convince my mom that it's a good deal, we can start living with you and pay you rent, that can go to the upkeep of the house."

"Ok," Susan smiled. "This is honestly really exciting."

When we finished eating I did the dishes and we all got dressed. Melissa drove, and it was less than ten minutes by car.

The house was a little split-level in a cosy suburban neighbourhood. It wasn't much, but the house and the yard were both bigger than the place I grew up in. Actually the house looked twice the size of my mom's old bungalow, and between the front and back yards the lot felt twice as big too.

The driveway was big enough for two cars, though Sue didn't own one so we just had Melissa's to worry about. There was a carport so she'd be parked out of the elements, though it wasn't quite as sheltered as an actual garage.

Susan unlocked the side door and gave us a quick tour of the place. From the carport we entered into a cosy kitchen, then beyond that was a large living-dining room. The living-room half had some big windows that looked onto the front yard, and the front door was there too though Sue said she never used that door.

The living-room looked cosy, there was a fireplace against the side wall and a TV on the wall next to that. A well-worn L-shaped sectional sofa and an old recliner sort of faced the fireplace and TV.

The bedrooms were up a half-staircase overlooking the living-dining area. The master bedroom looked nice and had a big queen-sized bed in it. Then there was a small bedroom that was currently set up as an office. Then a decent-sized bathroom, and finally another bedroom that was empty, apart from a bunch of storage boxes.

The place also had a finished basement, at the bottom of a half-staircase that led down from the kitchen. Sue wasn't using it but she said it was basically a family-room, when she was little it's where she spent most of her time playing. There was another bathroom down there, and finally the laundry-utility room.

After the tour, we all wound up sitting in the living-room on the old sectional.

Susan said "So like I said, it needs maintenance. And as you can all see it needs cleaning, some of the rooms have been kind of neglected. And a lot of this furniture could stand to be replaced. But it's got three bedrooms, and a yard."

Melissa grinned "And you've got your own laundry facilities, that's like gold."

I nodded, "We've only been in our apartment for less than four months, and it's not a bad place? But I'm already thinking about your backyard in summer, having bbq and chilling on the patio."

Susan asked, "What about space? You saw I'm using one bedroom as an office... We could clean up the downstairs and make that a large office for all three of us?"

Melissa asked "You mean, so we can use the other two bedrooms? Will me and Mara have to arm-wrestle to see who gets the bigger one?"

I gave them both a confused look, "I assumed we'd all just be moving into the master bedroom together? That bed's big enough for three."

That brought a smile to Melissa's face. "Oh! We could set up one of the little bedrooms as a permanent boudoir studio! Then any of us can go in and do shoots and videos whenever we like."

I smirked, "Or all three of us together? Girl on girl shoots are always popular, but I bet a three-girl orgy would sell even more!"

Susan looked back and forth between me and Melissa with a slightly overwhelmed expression.

I finally smiled at her "Sorry Sue, we're teasing. Sort of."

She nodded slowly, "Ok. Not that I was going to complain about any of that stuff, but uh. It was a lot all at once."

"Anyways," she added, changing the subject. "Would this work for you two in terms of college? Obviously its further from the campus than your apartment. And not as convenient getting to the mall."

Me and Melissa glanced at each other, and she nodded "I think it's fine. Even though we're technically walking-distance to campus we usually drive. It's not really a nice walk except in summer, and we don't need to walk to school in the summer months. And same thing for the mall, we usually swing by after class so we're already in the car. This would just add five minutes at most to our regular routine."

I agreed, "We're not going to be able to do anything immediately, but I think our next step is the big one. I have to figure out how to tell my mom we're thinking of moving in with you, which will probably mean telling her all three of us are in a relationship."

Susan grimaced, then asked Melissa "What about your folks?"

My best friend rolled her eyes, "I haven't spoken to them since the beginning of July. They're a couple transmisic jerks. Mara's mom is like my substitute mom now."

I put my arms around them both and pulled them into a hug and smiled, "So me and Melissa are supposed to visit my mom next weekend? I think we'll bring you with us, Susan. Then we can do introductions, and explanations."

Both of them smiled nervously, but neither of them protested.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters! Patrons have already read chapter 32 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

128