25. Demon
2k 4 128
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Me and Melissa spent the rest of Sunday hanging out with Susan at her place. Sue suggested we get sushi delivered but that was a little too far outside my comfort zone, so we opted for Chinese food instead. Then the three of us talked more about some practical issues living in the house together. We also started putting together a list of what work the place needed.

Fixing the fireplace was at the top of my list, apparently it wasn't safe and if I was going to live there I wanted actual fires. I could imagine that living-room would be amazingly cosy with a nice little fire going.

We kind of agreed on me and Melissa taking the two smaller bedrooms, at least on paper. I had a feeling all three of us would still wind up spending most of our time together in the master bedroom, but we'd be putting our furniture and clothes into the other two rooms. And like Sue suggested, the basement would probably become the office or study room or something.

Me and Melissa finally headed back to the apartment as it got late. Susan was sad to be left alone but she did her best to hide it. We all had classes in the morning though and we needed to get ready for that. Still, we'd definitely stay in touch through the week.

Once we were back home I looked to my best friend and asked, "Hey Melissa? Are you ok with the idea of moving in with Susan? I hope I didn't push that too fast or anything. I mean, you've only known her for two days now."

She shrugged, "Yeah I'm ok with it. I mean, I'm ok with the three of us living together? You made the point Friday night remember? If she signed a contract with Lily she'd have the same romantic limitations as me, basically our only options would be you or each other? And she seems nice enough, and you liked her already which meant I knew she'd be ok."

I asked, "Is there a 'but'? I feel like there's a 'but' coming."

Melissa nodded, "Yeah. Her house is nice but it's not great. The location isn't bad in terms of college, but it's a little too... I don't know. Too suburban housewifey or something? We'll probably get complaints if we're wandering around the house naked and neighbours see us through all the big windows. And I'm not a fan of the bedroom layout. It'll do, and it's more spacious and probably better than our apartment here? But I wonder how Sue would feel if we decided to move somewhere else and expected her to come with us? Like it's the house she grew up in, she might have emotional attachments to it or something."

"Ok," I nodded. "I get that. I doubt you and I will be spending much time in either of the little bedrooms though? And we won't know if it's too suburban housewifey until we meet some neighbours. I can see that might be an issue though, they may not be happy about having a demonic lesbian polycule living next door."

Melissa stared at me for a second then started giggling, "Demonic lesbian polycule... I love it!"

I just smiled and gave her a kiss, "I'm going to get ready for bed. Then I'm going to have a little chat with Lily, if she's up for it."

"Ok Mara," Melissa was still grinning as she went into her bedroom.

A half hour later I was undressed, I'd used the washroom and brushed my teeth and removed my make-up and everything. I went into my room and lay down on my bed, then closed my eyes and shifted back into Lily's place.

She was relaxing naked on her large leather sofa, and as usual she was in her natural demonic form. She only used her human guise at the very beginning, when she thought I'd be afraid or shocked by her true appearance.

"Hello Mara," she greeted me as I sat down next to her. "What would you like to talk about?"

I grimaced slightly, "So I hope this doesn't upset you or whatever, but it's something I've been wondering about for a while. And now Susan's joined us, her and Melissa and me are basically forming a demonic lesbian polycule right? So what I'm wondering is this. You're a sex demon after all, aren't you? I know you said you didn't like people thinking of you like that, but isn't that what you do? And if that's the case, why do you get so flustered when I try to flirt with you? And why didn't you want me doing the cam-girl stuff?"

Lily's cheeks started growing dark with embarrassment as I was talking, the topic obviously made her uncomfortable.

"Ok Mara," she sighed. "There's some things I haven't mentioned or explained. Some of it because I didn't want to risk upsetting you, some of it because it didn't seem important or relevant, and some because I don't like to discuss it. But since you've asked, I'll tell you."

She took a deep breath then started, "You're right, I'm basically a 'sex demon'. That is how humans have always seen me, even though I never liked the term myself. And it's led to a lot of misunderstandings and problems in the past, including my betrayal and imprisonment a thousand years ago. I'd initially hoped to shed that history entirely in my new life with you. I thought this might be a chance for me to start over and reinvent myself? But I cannot escape my nature."

She sighed again. "As for me being flustered by your advances that's a combination of two things. You are the first human who's seen my true form and not been terrified or horrified or responded with some other negative reaction. Humans I've dealt with in the past have reacted negatively and violently to my true form. I'm simply not used to anyone lusting after me while I look like this."

I fought to suppress a smile, and had to hold back some more comments. I still thought she was hot, and I was sure other people would too. After all, there's loads of sexy demon artwork on the internet, I had no doubt lots of people got off to that sort of thing. And I was convinced Susan was one of those people.

Lily sounded a little apologetic as she continued, "The other reason your advances fluster me is it really wouldn't be appropriate for you and I to have that sort of relationship."

Before I could question that she added, "We're already close in other ways Mara. Our lives are intertwined through our pact. I look out for you and keep you safe, while you share your body with me. Let's leave it at that, ok?"

I kind of understood what she was saying, but I still didn't get why it was inappropriate. She sounded like she was serious though, so I decided to leave the topic alone for now. Instead I asked, "What about the cam-girl thing? Why were you opposed to me doing that?"

"As I said, I was hoping to have a fresh start with you, to distance myself from the sex demon reputation," Lily sighed. "Having you immediately start doing sex work felt like you were undermining my attempt to reinvent myself. In the end it didn't matter, as I said I couldn't escape my nature."

"Sorry Lily," I frowned, but it seemed like she wasn't too upset about me doing that anymore. So I moved on to another topic.

"So I guess my next question is about the whole 'sex demon' thing? Like did you used to feed on people through sex?"

"Yes Mara," she replied quietly. She was still blushing as she elaborated, "As you know I can read minds? I would disguise myself as a human, I'd make myself look like my victim's ideal lover. I'd use magic to seduce them, then at the culmination of sex I'd drain them of their life energy."

"Eventually I learned to consume their souls instead. That was a much better meal, and I quickly determined that darker souls were more satisfying for me. And after a time, I learned how to employ humans to work for me and harvest energy for me like I'd done in the past."

That left me with two more questions, but I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to one of them. So I asked the easier one first, "Back when you weren't imprisoned inside a human body, did you still have to sleep with your employees to get the energy they'd collected?"

Lily shook her head, "No. When I was free and had my own demonic body, the energy my er, 'employees' gathered was transferred directly to me as soon as they harvested it. The method we use now is much less efficient, but it's the best I can manage in my diminished state."

I nodded, then braced myself and asked the other question. "When you feed on souls, do you still do that by having sex with your victims?"

She sighed and looked down at the floor, "Mara, are you sure you want to know the answer to that question?"

Even her non-answer was enough to tell me what I didn't really want to know. My emotions churned a little and I had no idea how to feel or what to think. In the end I reminded myself it wasn't my body, it was ours. She had as much right to it as I did, and she made sure I was never present or conscious any time she fed. And obviously she erased any trace of her activities from our body before I woke up.

We were both silent for a little while before I finally said in a soft voice, "Never mind, you don't have to answer that question Lily. I have a different question for you. I'm not taking birth control or anything like that so um... Are you making sure we don't get pregnant?"

She slipped an arm around me and gave me a gentle hug, and I leaned closer against her.

"Neither you, Melissa, or Susan will become pregnant. At least, not by accident. The three of you are also immune to disease, you needn't worry about sickness or ill health. If you are injured, I will heal you. And all three of you will be spared the ravages of time, you won't have to worry about growing old. You will remain young and healthy."

"Wow," I said quietly. "That's pretty cool."

Lily gave me a confused look, "You aren't upset or angry? Or horrified, by any of this?"

I took a deep breath then sighed. "Lily I grew up with the internet. I already know humans are horny and weird and petty and annoying. Collectively we'll fuck anything and everything. And half of us will lie and cheat and even kill to hide that and pretend it's not true. I'm honestly not surprised you evolved to take advantage of that part of human nature. Maybe a little surprised there's only one of you, or that I'm the first human you've encountered who was openly attracted to you."

I sighed again and added, "And of course there's stuff that I'm not happy about. But getting upset or freaking out about it isn't going to fix it or make it go away or make it stop happening. So I'm going to ignore the stuff I don't want to think about, and just focus on the positive stuff."

Lily didn't respond right away, so I decided to change the subject again. "Hey am I basically part-demon? Like we share the body and it's going to stay young and healthy and free of disease and stuff, and we do the thing with the horns and tail."

"Yes I suppose you could call yourself that," she replied. "Your mind and soul are human. But obviously I am a demon, and our body does have some demonic traits thanks to me."

"Cool," I smiled. "So Melissa and Susan are part succubus, and I'm part demon."

Lily looked at me and commented, "Sometimes Mara you surprise me. You can be very pragmatic, and almost wise in your own way. Then other times you are an unpredictable little pest. I think that is one of the reasons I like you."

I smiled up at her and asked, "Hey so if me and Melissa and Susan can't get sick and you keep us healthy and young and stuff, does that mean we're immortal?"

"None of us are immortal," she replied. "But thanks to my magic and my protection, your lives may be longer than otherwise expected, and you will be young and healthy and beautiful as long as you live."

"The 'almost-immortal DLP' doesn't sound quite as cool," I frowned. "Maybe we'll just stick with 'The DLP'."

She gave me an exasperated look, "Please tell me you aren't seriously planning on calling yourselves that?"

"No promises," I replied.

After a moment I added with a smirk, "Actually I'm already picturing a logo and thinking about getting t-shirts made."

My cute flustered demon facepalmed and shook her head quietly.

I stood up and gave her a hug and a kiss then bid her goodnight, before I shifted myself back out into the body to get some sleep.

The next few days were mostly quiet, though Susan surprised us with a couple more visits during the week.

She dropped in on Tuesday after classes and the three of us had dinner together, then Sue and Melissa talked more about 'succubus stuff'. I stayed out of it but I had a feeling Susan was nervous about her first time with a guy since she signed her contract. I assumed Melissa had more tips or advice since she figured it all out on her own back in July. After their conversation was over, the three of us wound up squeezing into my twin-sized bed for the night.

Then Sue was back again Friday evening after class for another little chat with Melissa. I got the impression she had her first encounter the previous night and was comparing notes or whatever with her mentor. Then Susan and I had dinner and spent the night together, while Melissa was out on a date.

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters -- and new stories! Patrons have already seen how this story ends and started reading the next great story, and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

128