27. Concerned
1.8k 3 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke bright and early Sunday morning, cuddled up in between Melissa and Susan. The three of us were in the big bed in the guest room like Carol suggested.

I was buzzing with energy and had to get up and move around, so I carefully extracted myself from my girlfriends' arms. They both mumbled a bit in their sleep and wound up closing the gap and cuddling with each other as I adjusted the blankets so they'd both stay warm.

Finally I grabbed my nightshirt out of my backpack and pulled it on, then slipped out of the room and tiptoed downstairs.

It was barely half past six as I started quietly dancing around mom's big kitchen. I got myself some juice then whispered, "Lily? Did you have to feed while we were staying at my mom's place? Things are awkward enough right now, without having to deal with the extra energy and stuff."

"Sorry Mara," she replied. As usual after a feeding, she sounded tired but pleased. It reminded me how some people get after a big meal, like how people are kind of happy and sleepy after their thanksgiving feast.

"The opportunity arose to take care of some unfinished business. You know I normally don't go into details, but this time I will say there was a personal score to settle."

That surprised me, and left me with a lot of questions. I decided not to ask though, incase I didn't like the answers. "Ok... Well I guess I'll try to keep the effects hidden from mom and Carol."

Lily sounded like she was smiling as she suggested "You could work off the excess energy with your girlfriends?"

"Not really," I pouted. "The guest-room has the bigger bed, but it's next-door to my mom's room. I don't want to wake mom and Carol up with all the noise we'd make doing that."

"Have a shower then, work it out by yourself? I'm going to rest a while Mara, we can talk more later."

I sighed, "Ok Lily, enjoy your nap."

I continued quietly dancing and moving around the kitchen while I sipped my juice, since I was too fidgety to sit down. After a few minutes I was joined by Farah which surprised me. Then a minute later my mom shuffled into the kitchen, which was a bigger surprise.

She had a housecoat wrapped around her and some fuzzy slippers on her feet. She stopped in the doorway and stared at me for a moment, then shuffled over to the coffee machine to get it started.

"Did I wake you?" I asked in a whisper. "I'm sorry mom."

She moved to the table and pulled out a chair and sat down, while Farah stood beside her with her tail flapping back and forth and a hopeful look on her face.

"You woke Farah," mom replied. "And she woke me."

"Sorry," I sighed.

Mom petted the dog while she sat and watched me. When the coffee was ready she fixed herself a mug then sat back down again.

She finally replied "It's ok Mara. It gives you and I a chance to talk. Assuming you can stay still long enough to have a conversation."

I blushed but moved to the table and sat down across from her. I was still fidgety though, one of my legs was bouncing and I didn't know what to do with my hands.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked quietly.

Mom had a sip of coffee then replied, "I'm sure you have questions about Carol and I? And I definitely have questions about you and Melissa and Susan."

We didn't really talk about any of that stuff last night. We had a good visit and a nice dinner and everything, and we all talked a lot but not so much about the relationship stuff. More like we all got to know each other better but without getting into why we were all together.

After an awkward pause I shrugged, "It's like we said yesterday afternoon? Sue and I ran into trouble, me and Melissa got closer, then me and Susan patched things up, her and Melissa hit it off, and pow! We're a threesome."

Mom had another sip of coffee then sighed, "Mara I'm grateful that you and Melissa and Lily saved me from Vera's clutches, but I haven't forgotten everything I learned about Lily while I was under that influence. And while I'm sure not everything Vera told me was true, I'm certain at least some of it was. And I know what was going on when we all lived under the same roof, I've seen how you and Melissa have changed."

That took away some of the extra joy I was feeling this morning, but didn't take care of my excess energy. If anything my leg bouncing sped up as I got a little anxious. I sighed and looked down at the table, then finally asked "What are you saying mom?"

Pumpkin and Spice joined us in the kitchen as well, I realized they and the dog probably thought it was breakfast time since mom was up and in the kitchen and everything. So far they were all staying quiet, but Farah was still wagging her tail as she sat by mom and got more pets. The cats were purring as they rubbed against mom's ankles then they started rubbing against mine, trying to convince someone to open a tin of food for them.

Mom was quiet for a few seconds, then she sighed "Mara I'm just worried that you're being taken advantage of. No offence honey but you can be naive and sometimes you're a little slow on the uptake. And you're a kind, generous, caring person. I worry that people will use you for that, and you won't see it because you're focused on helping and only seeing the best in people. And right now I'm not sure if you're overlooking some obvious things, or if you're aware of them but keeping quiet because you're trying to protect Lily or your friends."

I frowned, then took a deep breath. "Mom there's stuff I can't say because it's secret. It has to do with Lily, and Melissa and Susan, and it's not my place to talk about it. I get what you're saying, and I understand why stuff might look suspicious to you? But I promise nobody's taking advantage of me. If the three of us were all up and here to talk, maybe Sue and Melissa would be ok with telling you everything? I don't know if knowing it all would make you feel better, but you'd understand no-one's taking advantage. We can't really go into stuff though when everyone's awake, unless you're ok with Carol finding out about Lily and everything. And I'm not sure the others would be comfortable telling her. At least till they know her better?"

Mom sighed again, "Ok hon. I'm not sure how Carol would handle any of this either. She's open-minded about a lot of things, but magic and demons might be a little too much for her to handle."

"So can we talk about you and Carol now?" I asked. "I never knew you were into girls."

"Neither did I," she blushed. "Thinking back though, I suppose I always was. I may have been in a bit of denial when I was younger. Then I met your father not long after I left high-school and didn't have the opportunity to explore any other options. After he left, between looking after you and trying to make ends meet I was too busy to make friends, let alone get into a relationship."

Mom finished her coffee then shrugged, "Now I'm not looking after you, and I'm not working long shifts at awkward hours, I'm finally able to be social again. I didn't really set out to get into a relationship, and certainly wasn't looking for a girlfriend. But Carol and I just sort of happened? And we kind of clicked together."

I smiled, "Well I'm glad you found someone. She seems nice, and I'm glad you're happy with her."

"Thanks Mara," mom smiled back. "I am happy with her. We've been talking about her moving in here, but we've been putting it off until after she met you. We both wanted to be sure you'd like her before making that sort of move."

"Tell me if it's none of my business, but I'm curious if you're gay? Or bi?" I asked.

Mom blushed again as she got herself another coffee. "I'm not sure I'm ready to pick a label hon, but I suppose right now I'd say bi."

I didn't want to pry any further on that stuff so I changed the subject. "So xmas is coming up soon. Me and Melissa and Sue will be back for that, and I guess Carol will be here too?"

Mom sat back down and asked, "Won't Susan want to be with her own family for the holidays?"

I sighed, "She doesn't have anyone. Her parents are both dead. She's been on her own for years now."

"Oh the poor girl," mom sighed. "All right well of course the three of you are welcome here for the holidays. And yes, Carol will be here too. It's going to be busy but we'll work something out. I suppose if the three of you are happy sharing a room that makes things a little easier."

I grinned, "Can I cook the xmas dinner? Or can I help at least?"

Mom smiled at my excitement, "Yes Mara. You had so much fun at thanksgiving, and to be honest I enjoyed not having to do all that work in the kitchen."

She added, "You're welcome to prepare breakfast this morning too. I'm sure you were already planning to do that anyways."

"Yeah," I smiled. "What do you feel like, omelettes or french toast?"

After a few seconds of thought Mom replied, "Omelettes. But before you get too carried away with that, let's take care of the animals. I'll get Farah's breakfast sorted out while you take care of Pumpkin and Spice ok?"

"Ok mom."

Me and mom got the critters fed, then I went back upstairs and had a shower. I wound up taking Lily's suggestion and spent a little extra time in there burning off some of that excess energy.

A few hours later everyone was up and dressed and the others were sitting around the kitchen table while I was doing my thing at the stove. I couldn't cook all five omelettes at once so I did mom's and Carol's first, then while they were eating I did the rest.

The five of us sat around and talked more afterwards, then Susan and Melissa helped me do the dishes and tidy up the kitchen.

We eventually got around to the topic of Melissa and me moving into Susan's place. Mom was still kind of leery about our whole situation though so she suggested we put it off till after the holidays were done. Susan was a little disappointed, but she did her best not to show it. I was kind of sad too, it would have been convenient moving during the break when we weren't juggling classes.

I figured though mom really wanted to have that big talk first, and I wasn't exactly looking forward to it. On the other hand it would be nice not to have any more secrets between us. I worried though how she'd take it. Like she might not be happy finding out I was basically part-demon and living with a couple succubusses. Or succubi. Someday I'd figure out how to say that right.

Finally we all made plans for the holidays. The three of us would be back on the twenty-fourth, and we'd stay over two nights then head home on the twenty-sixth. There was some talk about new-years but that was quickly dismissed. Mom and Carol were going to spend new years eve together doing their own thing. The three of us could do the same, or Melissa mentioned something about maybe inviting her brother and his boyfriend and doing new years with them.

We finally said our goodbyes around mid-afternoon, then me and Susan and Melissa packed up and headed out.

As we got on the road, Susan said "That was nice. Your mom's nice, so's Carol."

She sounded slightly anxious as she added, "I got the impression though, your mom wasn't happy about you two moving in with me?"

"Don't take it personally, ok?" I said. "She's trying to look out for me, but she doesn't know the whole story."

Melissa added, "Emma didn't say no, she just wanted to wait a bit. Bottom line is we don't actually need her permission, we just wanted her to pay for it. We can come up with money some other way, maybe even through Lily."

I nodded, "And I know we're all kind of eager to make it happen, but waiting a few weeks or a month isn't going to be too bad. I mean, we'll probably be spending most of our time together regardless."

"You're right," Susan nodded. "Sorry. I still get panicky when things don't go smoothly."

I reached out and put a hand on her shoulder, "It's ok. You're with us, and we're all together. That's never going to change."

She smiled, "Thanks Mara."

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to bonus chapters, new chapters, and new stories!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

129