32. The D.L.P.
2.1k 17 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tuesday was hectic from start to finish.

I made us all breakfast, and while we ate both Melissa and Susan had comments about their experiences Monday night. Apparently they both noticed things felt a little unusual, but in a good way. Neither were sure what exactly was different, or how to describe it, but both knew something had changed.

Neither of them seemed to be hungry either, they could have shared an omelette between them instead of each of them throwing half their breakfast away.

Then the three of us were back at the mall as soon as it opened. It was December twenty-fourth and the place was packed. I was grumpy because I had to hide my tail and horns yet again and still wasn't used to the experience.

Lily and my girlfriends all pointed out I'd never get used to it if I didn't try, but that just made me pout.

I hated having to make my bits disappear, and I couldn't understand why they didn't get that. Like I didn't want to go around missing vital parts of my body, so why would I want to make that process any easier?

They weren't interested in my side of the argument though, they told me to suck it up and quit complaining.

It took us about three hours at the mall before we had everything we needed, then we rushed back home and of course my tail and horns popped out before we were even out of the elevator.

We spent another hour wrapping all our gifts, then we packed our clothes and stuff for the two nights we'd be at mom's place. I didn't even bother hiding the tail and horns for the ride back down in the elevator to the garage, despite Melissa's and Susan's comments.

"What?" I asked. "If anyone tries to get in the elevator with us I'll just wiggle my tail and tell them we're going 'all the way down'. It'll be funny."

They didn't think it would be funny. And nobody got on with us anyways.

As usual I rode in the back seat, and I'd already figured out a way to sit comfortably with my tail wound around on my lap. All three of them made a point of telling me to have things hidden when we finally pulled into the driveway at mom's house. And I grumpily did so.

Of course mom and Carol were happy to see us all again. We stuck all the gifts in the den under the tree then we took our backpacks upstairs. That led us to discovering a nice surprise.

Mom and Carol swapped the beds from Melissa's room and the guest room, so we could sleep at the other end of the house but we still had the queen-size bed. It meant my girlfriends and I could enjoy each other without disturbing mom or Carol. And it meant mom and Carol could enjoy each other without disturbing me and my girlfriends, which was just as important.

So we left our packs in Melissa's room, which was basically our room now instead of just hers.

After that we all relaxed and had a nice visit, except I was uncomfortable and a little irritable again for obvious reasons. I tried to be good though and I kept quiet and didn't fuss too much. Dinner was nice, though Melissa and Sue still didn't have much of an appetite. Me and my girlfriends drank some coolers, mom and Carol had wine. We were all a bit weary though since the last few days had been super busy, so the three of us went to bed early.

As usual I woke up before anyone else. There was no energy boost, Lily hadn't fed or anything, I was just awake at about seven while the rest of the house was still asleep. It was still dark but I could see just fine. That was another thing that changed after getting a face-full of demonic energy on the weekend, I had like night-vision or something now.

I carefully slipped out from between my two beautiful girlfriends, then smiled as they closed the gap to cuddle with each other. I pulled on a nightshirt, but since it sounded like everyone else was still asleep I didn't bother hiding my horns and tail yet.

Moving quietly, I snuck downstairs and into the kitchen and got myself a glass of juice. Then I sat on one of the chairs and wound my tail around and let it lazily sway back and forth on my lap while I sipped my drink.

It was the twenty-fifth of December. After the last two hectic days, after the craziness on the weekend with Verothilas, today was a day we were just going to relax and take it easy. Today would be a day of fun, a day of hanging out with family. A slow, quiet, relaxing day.

But not for me. I'd be uncomfortable and cranky all day because I had to hide part of myself from my mom.

I started trying to think of a way around that. If I could let her see my real self, explain to her who and what I really was, maybe she'd understand. Then I wouldn't have to hide who I was when I visited.

I was still thinking about that a few minutes later when Farah trotted into the kitchen. She marched right up to me in hopes of some attention, and I responded with pets and scritches. And I gently booped her on the nose with the spade tip of my tail, which thoroughly befuddled her.

Then I heard my mom coming, so with a big sigh I did the spell just before she stepped into the kitchen.

"Good morning Mara," she greeted me as she went to get the coffee machine going. "Why the sigh, is something bothering you?"

"Nah, I'm fine," I lied. "Good morning and happy xmas mom. I hope I didn't wake you up?"

She smiled "Happy xmas to you too hon. And no, you didn't wake me. I don't even think you woke Farah, she didn't start moving till I got up."

She stood by the machine and waited, then fixed herself a coffee as soon as there was enough in the pot to fill her mug. Then she moved to sit at the table across from me and after a sip of her drink she asked, "Are you and Melissa still thinking about moving in with Susan?"

"Actually Susan moved in with us on Monday," I admitted quietly. "It's a long story but we kind of broke her house."

Mom stared at me for a full minute before she asked, "Mara how in the world did you break her house? What does that even mean?"

"It wasn't my fault!" I insisted. "We trapped Verothilas and Lily defeated her, but it was like a magical explosion? Anyways it's ok, don't worry about it."

She sighed and shook her head, then had another sip of coffee.

Pumpkin and Spice came into the kitchen, and along with Farah they all started to beg for breakfast. And I could hear more movement upstairs, it sounded like the rest of the family was starting to wake up as well.

I got to my feet and suggested, "Let's feed the critters so they're not bugging everyone else? I think the others are going to be joining us soon."

"Ok," mom agreed as she got to her feet as well.

The animals were all happily munching on their food when Carol came into the kitchen, followed a minute later by Melissa and Susan.

We were all in sleep-wear, mom was in a nightgown and Carol wore pyjamas. Melissa and Sue were both in nightshirts like me. Soon enough they all had coffee in hand and joined me and mom at the kitchen table.

As everyone got more awake we gradually got into a conversation, but nothing serious. Mom didn't say anything about Susan's house or the three of us living together, we mostly all talked about safe boring stuff like the snow and the winter weather and how school was going and stuff like that.

I was still feeling off because of my missing parts, but I managed to distract myself from that with the conversation and everything. And when it was time I got even more distracted with a fun hobby. I had some cooking to do in mom's big friendly kitchen.

I got the turkey ready first, seasoned and stuffed and all that, then got it in the oven. Once that was out of the way I tidied up a bit then started on breakfast. I made us a big mess of french toast, along with bacon and I even made some home fries. Then we all sat down together in the kitchen and had a nice xmas brunch. My girlfriends still weren't very hungry, but they both promised they'd eat more at dinner.

Everyone else was drinking coffee while we ate, but I just stuck with juice. I never asked, but I had a feeling Lily was allergic to caffein or something. I was pretty sure I stopped drinking cola around the same time I signed my pact with her, and never did feel the urge to try coffee, or even tea.

We had some relaxing conversation as we ate, then when everyone had enough I shooed them all out of the kitchen and did the dishes and tidied everything up myself, then got some of the prep work out of the way for dinner later.

While I was working alone in the kitchen I let my tail and horns appear again, and I got to thinking about how to talk to mom about it. I realized I could cover a bunch of topics at once since it all tied together.

Mom was worried Melissa and Susan were taking advantage of me because of how they were my girlfriends but also sleeping around and with each other and stuff. But that was because they were part-succubus, because of their deals with Lily. And my horns and tail were just a natural thing that came out of me sharing a body with Lily and getting blasted with demonic energy, but it really wasn't a big deal.

I figured if I could tie it all together in one conversation somehow, then mom would understand everything was ok with me, and with both my girlfriends. I knew I'd need my girlfriends with me to back me up because of how I had trouble explaining stuff, so I'd want to have this conversation while they were here. And I decided we may as well get Carol involved, since she was practically family now too.

All I needed to figure out was the best way to kick off the whole conversation, the right way to break the ice.

After the work in the kitchen was done I grudgingly hid my tail and horns again then joined the others in the den. Mom and Carol were next to each other in the wingback chairs again. Farah was on her bed by mom's chair, Pumpkin and Spice were curled up together on a cushion by the fireplace where there was a nice warm fire burning. Melissa and Susan were together on the sofa, but they shifted apart just enough so I had room to squeeze in between them.

Me and my girlfriends were drinking coolers again, while mom and Carol already opened a bottle of wine and were enjoying that.

I only had a few minutes to relax before mom suggested it was a good time to exchange gifts.

None of us splurged or went crazy or anything, but we all had a few things for each other. We gathered up what we'd brought, then everyone handed out parcels to everyone else. Finally we all sat back down and got to work opening our gifts.

Most of it was fairly typical stuff. Mom and Carol got each other books, me and my girlfriends also got mom some books and we got Carol some booze since we didn't know her that well yet. And the three of us mostly got clothes from my mom. At least it wasn't anything frumpy, mom had a good eye for style and size and stuff.

My girlfriends and I exchanged some gifts too, but again it wasn't anything fancy.

Finally I had one more surprise gift to share. I handed a package to Melissa and another to Susan, and I had a third one for myself. I told them, "We need to open these together, it's a matching set."

They both gave me a curious look but neither questioned or complained. We all opened them up together, then revealed the contents while mom and Carol watched.

I'd got us all t-shirts. Melissa's was bubblegum pink, Susan's was dark forest green, and mine was a dark purple. All three had matching logos on the chest. The logo was a stylized lower-case 'DLP' inside a circle. Mine and Susan's were printed in white, while Melissa's was in a sort of lavender purple that went nicely with the pink fabric.

Melissa giggled, "Mara!"

Susan's eyes widened but she was grinning too, "I can't believe you did this."

Mom and Carol both looked curious, they could tell the logo meant something to the three of us but of course they had no idea what it was.

"What does it stand for?" mom asked as she had a sip of wine.

Melissa shook her head slightly but I had a sly smile on my face. It just hit me, I knew what my ice-breaker was. I knew how to start off my big conversation with the family.

I was still smiling as I replied, "We are the DLP. The demonic lesbian polycule."

Susan, Melissa, and mom all sort of stared at me with wide eyes. Like none of them could believe I just said that out loud.

Carol was smiling though, like it was a joke that she didn't quite get. She commented "I'm not up to date on the latest memes and trends so you'll have to explain it to me. I understand the 'lesbian polycule' part, but why 'demonic'?"

Now both my girlfriends were shaking their heads at me, while mom was giving me a warning look.

I was still wearing that sly smile as I looked at Carol and replied, "It's not a meme or a trend. It's just the truth."

With my mom and her girlfriend both looking at me, I let my horns and tail appear.

Melissa face-palmed, Susan had an 'oh-shit' expression on her face.

Mom and Carol both stared, wide-eyed and slack-jawed.

And I just sat there grinning, with a pair of demonic horns sticking out of my head and a dark red spade-tipped tail wound around my waist and lazily moving back and forth over my lap.

I slipped my arms around both my girlfriends and pulled them closer against me, then looked across the room and said "So I guess we all need to have a big conversation."

~ End of Book 2 ~

Acknowledgements: Thanks to KristenOfTheCoven for helping us with the problematic stuff and for all their support! Thanks also to Lezley for help with character development & background! Thanks to all the great writers we've met on Discord and Scribblehub. And huge thanks as always to all my awesome Patrons for your support! You're amazing! <3

Mara and the gang are back again in My Girlfriends Are Both Succubi But I'm Actually Ok With This?

If you're enjoying their story and can't wait to find out what happens next, check out our Patreon! Patrons are already 8 chapters into the next installment, and you could be too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

129