Chapter 17 – Ultimate Tag and a Ball
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an intense afternoon of Gryffindor Hide-and-Seek, where Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Kylie had stumbled upon Ginny and I 'hiding' in a broom cupboard on the third floor, my friends and I retreated to the snowy grounds of the castle. Well, except Harry and Ron. Their mountain of homework had reached an alarming height again, so they remained grudgingly in the common room, probably trying to ignore the gleeful shouts drifting up from the grounds outside, where us students were enjoying ourselves skating on the frozen lake, tobogganing and, best of all, bewitching snowballs to zoom up to Gryffindor Tower and rap hard on the windows.

"Oi!" Ron bellowed, finally losing patience and sticking his head out of the window. "I am a prefect and if one more snowball hits this window - OUCH!" 

He withdrew his head sharply, his face covered in snow. "GITS!" 

Fred and I high-fived. 

"So, heard on the grapevine that you and Ginny got caught making out in a broom cupboard." Terry casually mentioned to me as I clung onto him. 

"Of course you did, you big gossip." I rolled my eyes as the equally-bambi-like Ravenclaw wobbled. 

"What?" Fred and George said simultaneously. 

"Softpaw did what -" 

"Our little sister -" 

The twins stared at me, their eyes popping. 

I took a deep breath. "I made out with your sister in a broom cupboard for like ten minutes during Gryffindor Hide-and-Seek. Nothing more to it." 

Terry sniggered, then immediately nearly fell on his ass. I clutched him close to me as I nearly fell too, our ice-skates wobbling precariously. 

Fred and George exchanged a deeply concerned glance. 

"GINNY, Softpaw?" 

"Yes, Red. That's what I said, isn't it?" 

"But why? I mean, do you -?" 

"I think your sister's hot, Bushy. And I would consider her as a romantic partner. She's cool and totally my type." 

"But - she - you -" 

"It's a bit hypocritical to allow me to mess around with your brother, but not your sister." I said casually, quirking an eyebrow at a flustered George. "What's this about, huh?" 

"It's not what you're thinking." George said hastily. "You know I'm anything but homophobic or sexist. It's just - Ginny is my baby sister, and you and Fred are -" 

"Shh!" I hissed as Kylie and Hermione skated past, Hermione uncharacteristically giggling and pink-faced as Kylie smirked at her. 

Fred was noticeably crestfallen. He grit his teeth and looked away towards the castle as the Insurgents reached the edge of the lake, attempting to turn. I grabbed onto Terry to avoid falling on the ice. 

"Don't worry, boys. Ginny and I are just having fun. I'm more serious about Kylie." I reassured them. 

But Fred's expression got even more stony, the opposite effect I wanted. Terry and George exchanged a glance. 

"Fred -" 

Fred skated off further. George glanced at me and Terry and followed. I shook my head, turning to Terry. 

"What's his deal?" I huffed. "So what if I want to date or fuck around with other people? We're just friends with benefits." 

Terry shook his head this time. "Softpaw... are you blind? The bloke's clearly in love with you." 

I blinked. Then I laughed. "Good one, Hopper." 

Terry bit his lip as I skated off to rejoin the twins. 

~~~ 

After Kylie had graciously asked me to the once-every-two-years school ball, which I wasn't sure was even happening this year because Umbridge, I didn't have a single issue picking out my dress. 

Umbridge loves pink and hates promiscuity, so naturally I choose a big pink poofy ballgown that pulls away to reveal a skin-tight silky bubblegum-shade mini dress underneath. I smirked at myself in the mirror, at how short the dress was, showing off my legs, how much skin it revealed, how it clung to all the right places and highlighted my curves, and how low-cut it was, showing off my chest. I pulled the ballgown tulle around my waist and clipped it in, glancing at the massive poster of Lockhart still on the wall of the seventh year boys' bathroom, with the signature 'From Colin and Louis :)' at the bottom. I grinned, and swished out onto the landing. 

"Looking smoking hot, Softpaw." George winked. 

"Ditto, Bushy." I winked back. 

Fred's eyes were all over me. I ignored him, Terry's bullshit still in the back of my mind, and nodded at Lee, who had just emerged from the dorm, grinning at me. 

"All ready to go?" I said, and the boys cheered, moving towards the spiral staircase. We all swept down, meeting other boys on the way, Harry and Ron joining us. Kylie was waiting at the bottom, biting her lip as her eyes landed on me. 

"Hey, Daisy Potter." Kylie extended her arm to me smoothly. 

"Hey, Kylie Ford..." I said, eyeing her up and down. She's so hot. I wonder if she'll wear tuxedo robes like that to her sister's wedding. And I wonder how much they cost... and her hair... all sexy and gelled up... her cologne... 

"Daisy?" An amused female voice sounded beside me, rich and smooth like honey, and I melted as I snapped out of my daze. 

"You're - you're very attractive." I stammered. 

Kylie smirked lazily. "I know. Come on." 

She tugged me gently out the portrait hole and down towards the Entrance Hall. We pushed through the throng of people waiting, but by the time we'd reached the middle of the Hall, everyone had parted willingly for us. They'd created a path for us through the double doors into the Great Hall, all whispering and gossiping and wide-eyed as we passed. 

"Daisy Potter and Kylie Ford, this is iconic..." 

"Legendary..." 

"She's so hot..." 

"Which one?" 

"Both!" 

"Daisy's so beautiful..." 

"Kylie's so handsome..." 

We swept past everyone into the Great Hall, me waving at everyone and Kylie striding with her chin held high, smirking. 

We watched as all the other couples streamed in. Harry and Suzanne, Ron and Hermione, Terry and Draco, Ginny and Luna, Pansy and Shannon, Cedric and Cho all came in shortly after us, Fred and George coming as bachelors, Bonnie and Connie doing the same. George and Bonnie kept stealing glances at each other, which I grinned at. 

The first few songs were romantic and slow, during which I slow-danced with Kylie, letting her hands rest on my waist, driving me crazy. 

"I can't wait to take you to my sister's wedding, Daisy." Kylie's smooth voice broke through my hazy thoughts of her hot face between my thighs. "I'll get to show you off to everyone and you can meet your future in-laws." 

I gazed into her eyes as she smirked down at me. "My future in-laws, huh? What makes you so sure I'll marry you?" 

"Because I'm so hot." Kylie pointed out, and I shrugged. "And you're going to fall so DEEP in love with me... just like I will with you..." 

I giggled as she caressed my sides, leaning in for a deep, passionate kiss. 

We broke apart after ten heart-stopping seconds, slowly, my eyes fluttering open to meet her sky-blue ones, gazing into mine. 

A series of low "Boo"s and hysterical giggles rang out around us. Kylie's eyes looked behind me and darted back to mine. 

"Looks like Umbridge has arrived." She said. 

I whipped around. Umbridge was picking her away across the crowd to the teachers' table, a sickly smile on her face - but you could tell she was feeling extreme disdain towards the unruly students around her. I turned back around to Kylie, grinning. 

"Time to shine!" I said cheerily, reaching behind me to undo the clip on my tulle skirt. I tugged it off, dumping it on a nearby chair, and swayed my hips on my way back to the middle of the dance floor. Everyone's eyes were immediately on me, on my legs, my chest, my ass. Kylie bit her lip as she regarded me, her hands landing on my hips again, grabbing them as I swayed against her. I noticed Fred, George, and Draco's eyes practically bulging as they passed me, ogling my curves and exposed skin, and Hermione and Ginny both gaped at me, their eyes wandering across me. 

Floppy approached, his eyes bulging too, and he opened his mouth to speak, but Kylie got her wand out. She pointed it at him threateningly, and the Malfoy eyed it cautiously. 

"I have a team of the best solicitors on retainer at all times, and for what I pay them, they can make absolutely anything go away for me. So you better scarper before I perform an Unforgivable on you." Kylie said in a low, dangerous voice. 

Floppy gulped, blanching, and backed away. Kylie pocketed her wand satisfactorily. 

"You're hot." I told her. 

"You've said." 

The night was spent being whisked around the dance floor by Kylie, her hands all over my body in my tight little dress, most of the boys and half of the girls drooling over me, while Umbridge watched disapprovingly. I managed to get stolen away by Fred - 

"Nice tits, Daze." 

"Shut up, Freddie." 

- George - 

"Did Red see your tits, Softpaw?" 

"Shut up, Bushy." 

- Hermione - 

"Your figure is - uh - that dress is very flattering on you." 

"I already know you like curvy girls, Mynee, don't worry." 

- and Ginny - 

"What are you doing to me, Daisy? You just want me to get you alone in a broom cupboard again, don't you?" 

"Hell yeah, Gin." 

- for some dances, and by the end of the night I was dancing with the Insurgents to some fast, jaunty remixes. 

"Crowd surf, Softpaw!" Terry yelled, and he hoisted me onto his shoulders. 

"Fuck no, Hopper, let me down!" I shrieked, laughing maniacally, as he passed me on my back to the twins, who then passed me onto Harry and Ron, who passed me on yet again. 

The crowd was cheering loudly, hands taking me and passing me, and I laughed harder than I'd done in a while as I did laps around the dance floor in the air. 

~~~ 

As Umbridge was always watching the fireplaces now, we had all decided that Ultimate Tag could only take place when she wasn't watching. And now that she was preoccupied with the ball, it was the perfect opportunity. 

"Ginny's It!" I yelled to our friends, before taking a fistful of Floo Powder, and dropping it into the classroom fireplace with a flourish. "Gryffindor Common Room!" 

I darted in and out of fireplaces, meeting up with Draco halfway through, and the two of us hid out in the kitchens with the house-elves for forty minutes, stuffing our faces and discussing our Christmas holidays. 

"I'm going to stay with the Weasleys." I said, my mouth full of eclair. "I hope Mrs Weasley'll invite Sirius and Emily." 

"I've got to spend it with my parents." Draco said sadly. "I always wish I could join you guys for holidays but I don't know if my parents would let me." 

"Just ask them, Dragon." I told him. "They allowed you to come for a day to my Muggle relatives' house, why wouldn't they let you come to the Weasleys'?" 

"It's not that simple." Draco said, pouting. "And - ugh! They're talking about inviting Floppy and his parents over for Boxing Day. I actually want to die." 

"Aw, please don't, Drakie-Poo. Terry wouldn't be very happy with that." I pouted back at him, and he laughed. 

"Fuck!" He said suddenly, pointing. A fireplace at the end of the room had just lit up, and Ginny was sprinting out it of towards us. 

I leapt up, pulling the Slytherin with me, and we ran for the nearest fireplace. Draco reached it first, throwing down the Floo Powder and disappearing, but before I could get my hand into the Powder pot, Ginny's hands closed around my waist and dragged me back. 

"Ha! Gotcha." The red-head grinned, brushing her hair back from her face. 

"Unfortunately so." I grinned back. One of her hands was still around my waist, and I moved closer, watching her eyelashes flutter as I lowered my head to brush my lips against hers. 

Another fireplace lit up close by, and we both snapped out of it, whipping around. Fred had stepped out of the fireplace, done a double-take, and stepped back into the fireplace. 

"I'll get him." I told Ginny, and sprinted towards him. Fred had just yelled out his destination when I grabbed onto his arm, and we both stumbled out into Umbridge's office. 

I nearly fell, and he grabbed me, yanking me close to him. I giggled, gazing up into Fred's eyes, my heart racing at how close we were. He grinned down at me, and he leaned in. I leaned in too, our lips connecting, and my eyes fluttered closed as I felt Fred's warm lips moving with mine. 

"Hem, hem." 

As though we had been struck by lightning, Fred and I jerked apart. Umbridge was standing at the door to her office, her hands clasped against her stomach. 

"Well, Miss Potter, Mr Weasley. What do we have here?"

1