Chapter 22 B
977 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 22 B.

 

        The glass doors to the living room opened, and the warm smell of Strafa’s cooking filled the room. The table had been set with the Imperial Tribune sitting next to my plate. Ashly was already deep into the gossip section of the paper and half-finished with her food. Rachel scanned her newspaper more thoroughly while taking smaller bites. The other members of our household ate at the counter or on the sofa and chairs.

 

        Rachel spoke first, “Good morning, husband Eric, how was your rest?”

 

        “I slept well.”

 

        “Sleeping in a bed is wonderful, much better than the furs of the dungeon,” Ashley added with a smile and a gulp of Cossa. She looked far more refreshed after a night in a real bed.

 

        “I don’t mind the dungeon, but a soft bed is a thousand times better.”

 

        “Will you be joining me in enchanting today?” Rachel asked.

 

        “Yes, but I have to go to the halls of Roxclue’s hall today, so I don’t know if I can go to the workshop after.”

 

        Rachel frowned slightly, “that’s all right, this weekend; we should really see about setting up your workshop at our house.”

 

        “That sounds like a wonderful idea; it will be a date then.”

 

        Ashley sighed, “Of course you two would think setting up a workshop is a date.”

 

        “Well, I think that sounds like a wonderful idea for a date. So, I don’t see the problem with it.” Rachel said, ending with her nose in the air.

 

        I shook my head and began to review the Imperial Tribune.

 

 

 

 

Imperial Tribune: September 16, 3212 T.E. Harness (Thursday).

 

Battle Begins!

      The beginning skirmishes of what is shaping up to be a long war have started. Small battles between scouting forces have given way to a significant engagement that will happen in the next few days. The Kingdom of Alada and the kingdom of Ashmont have joined forces to attack the Kingdom of Setten. Setten has enlisted its wester neighbor of Hammond in the fight against their southern neighbors. Princess Tanya Alada and Prince Quinten Ashmont have consummated their marriage, securing the southern alliance for the first time in nearly 200 years.   

 

-Join the imperial legion, become a hero to all citizens- six gold signing bonus. One gold a month.-

 

Joyous news!!!

      The seventh wife consort of his imperial majesty emperor Amuilius Tagin has given birth to his twenty-fourth daughter. The baby imperial princess is healthy and a bundle of joy for all those attending to the imperial family. Her name day will be held in two months at the temple of Alleystra, and all are welcome to come and see this new addition to our beloved imperial family. In time-honored tradition, Royal gifts from the four kings and eight Dukes will be presented at the ceremony. All other donations will be held by the household for viewing at a later time. Long live the Emperor and May the God’s Ack and the Goddess’s Alleystra and Sippsie forever bless the Imperial Family.

 

-The Tired Child. Clothing, toys, accessories, and Layette for all newborn-free citizens. 10 percent discount until September 19.-

 

Assassination foiled!

     

      It is with a direr heart we must report that the promised union of our beloved Exalted Viscount Harden of Eastern dawn to the treacherous whore Sahara Amelia did not end in happiness. Of all the unholy things upon their wedding night, Sahara attempted to assassinate the Exalted Viscount. Luckily a member of his shadow guard stood resolute in his duty during the consummation and stopped the bitch before she could so much as draw a single drop of blood. After intensive interrogation, it was learned that she was acting of her own accord and not under the direction of her father, King Amelia. She has been branded a slave and sent to the halls of Roxclue to be used by the male beast kin. The Exalted Viscount Harden is doing well, an estate representative told us, and is under the tinder care of his seven wives and loyal slaves. It is unknown at this time if reprisals shall be dealt out, but this act of stupidity by the willful foolish girl may just have spelled the doom for her entire family.

 

-New slaves added every day, Hillbright’s slaves-

 

-Tired of the chaff? Best trained slaves in the capital! Cooks, maids, Artisans, and more! The Golden Collar is here to serve. –

 

-A Parade of Roxclou has been declared for the 17th of September. Come and see the honor-less vanquished of the fallen house Allenoic as she is led through the streets to be sold to pay for the crimes of Viscount Allenoic-

 

        ‘I was going to have to attend at least a part of the parade so I could get a look at the high priestess of Amara.’ I thought to myself as I scanned the notice posted in the newspaper.

 

 -Evreux Estate sold-

      The esteemed estate of Lord Crussol Evreux, the noted art dealer and famed designer, has finally been sold. At a marvelous public noble auction, over the course of a week, a price of 22 mithril for the art deco house has been reached. Sold to the Exalted Count Ludwick Hammerfeild, holder of his family heirloom, the hammer, mountains rumble was the winning bidder. With his four wives, two of which are well into their second pregnancy, the Esteemed family will be moving in during the following weeks. A gala has not been announced yet, but it is expected to be a grand affair hosted by the entire Hammerfeild household when the estate makes its public unveiling. Many blessings on the Hammerfield’s and their new home.         

 

-Fallen nobility auction! The Platinum Shackle auction house is happy to announce that this month’s nobility auction will be held in four days on Dawning at our esteemed auction house.-

 

- Useless slaves? Train them at Maximum’s slave school. –

 

-Stone and Timber. The best in high-quality construction. Our free citizens and slaves will diligently build or remodel any building.-

 

 

        I had eaten everything on my plate while I read, moving to sip my cossa as I fished reading. It was funny how blatantly biased the paper was, but I guess that is what you get in an imperial society as tightly controlled as this one. I checked my watch and got up to gather my things for the enchanting class I was going to attend with Rachel.

 

        “Don’t leave without me. I am going to go and grab my bag.” Rachel yelled at me as I walked into my room, Sasha and Milly following behind me.  

 

        “Wouldn’t dream of it,” I yelled back. I walked over to the jiggly wiggly that was on the windowsill. I watched it ungulate gently; it was in an ornate and larger pot than when I had bought it, and fresh black soil sat underneath its neon green protuberance. A few half-digested bugs lingered on the inside of its body. Looks like someone had been taking care of it for me.

 

        I mentally check the enchanting gear I had, 4 small crystals, 2 medium ones, and a large, enchanting mana crystal. I had the standard enchanter’s tool kit I had purchased from Radisson enchanting. With my supplies sorted, I watched as the form of Thera zipped up from far below to the balcony.

 

        Walking over to the door, I opened it as she fluttered inside, “Good morning, Master Eric, Mistress Ashley, and Mistress Rachel.” She ended with a polite curtsy in midair. Her blue hair was bright against the black of her pleated skirt and tight-fitting black jacket.

 

        “How goes the move to the house?”   

 

        “Excellent Master, your servants are most happy. Everything should be finished being moved by the end of today. Timmothy wanted me to ask if you will be visiting today?”

 

        “Yes, I will come by and see what needs doing. But tell him it will be late so not to worry about transportation. I will arrange it myself.”

 

        “Very well master, is there anything else I can do for you?” Thera said with a warm smile.

 

        “No, just see that everything is going smoothly and help Timmothy.”

 

        “Always master, have a wonderful day!” she said excitedly, fluttering backward and diving over the railing of the balcony.

 

        “She seemed unusually happy today?” Ashley asked, placing an arm around me.

 

        “Probably the new house, I would think. They have all been cooped up on that ship for a long time.”

 

        “More than likely. I am going to head to my class now since you are going with Rachel today.”

 

        I turned and kissed Ashley, brushing her auburn hair from her face. “See you soon?”

 

        Spinning gently while walking backward, our fingertips still held lightly, brushing each other’s hand as we parted, she added, “I can go with you; I need to give Timmothy a list of furniture to purchase anyway.” She sped from the room at the last word, disappearing out the door.

 

        I had the feeling I might not be as rich as I once thought I was.

 

Thank you everyone for reading and bearing with me.

 

Been writing out a few other projects I had pop into my head, that were keeping me from being creative with the void empire. Planning out the next sections of this story is taking some time, but I want to get it right. So, if I miss a post I do apologize, but I would rather miss a week then get burnt out on the story. Likewise, if I have a fit of inspiration I’ll post more.

 

Anyways thank you all and have a good day wherever you are.  

 

31