Chapter 5: Magic (Part II)
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as they reached the bunker house, they took a moment's rest after coming back from the Spirit Forest.

After resting for a while, they soon headed out of the house and set out to the forest nearby to begin the magic combat training.

Before the magic combat training begins, Daemon taught him how to summon his magic powers and how to control his magic powers.

When Barry has already known how to summon and control his magic powers, Daemon finally starts the magic combat training.

During the magic combat training, Daemon told Barry to practice wielding both his psychic powers and magic powers because he said it would be good to practice wielding both now rather than trying to use both powers carelessly which would be lethal towards the user because the user has a high probability of facing death because of insufficient mana within the body to carry two different powers, according to Daemon's analysis.

This has made Barry feel grateful towards Daemon because he will teach him how to wield both powers at the same time. He feels it is a necessary step because he could mesh it up together to improve and enhance his offense and defense capabilities in combat mode.

Daemon also told him to be prepared for the combat training because Daemon will be his opponent throughout the entire fights.

After Barry has prepared himself for the combat training, Daemon then shouted to Barry asking him if he was ready.

A devilish smile suddenly emerged on Barry's face and he casually replied to Daemon that he is ready. "So let's get it started, shall we?", he added.

In the first round of the magic combat training, Barry will use his psychic powers with his null magic versus Daemon who is a fire elementalist and is also a black magic user.

The first round of the magic combat training kicks off with Barry dashing towards where Daemon is standing while lifting his fist to strike him.

Unfortunately, Daemon could counter his attack by sliding to the left. After that, he raised his fist and was about to punch Barry's back.

Luckily, Barry also used his teleportation powers to counter Daemon's attack by teleporting himself into the sky and landed a bicycle kick on Daemon while using his nullifying magic to nullify both Daemon and his powers.

Daemon was not expecting such an attack from Barry, which sends him being pushed away from where he initially stood while still standing on his feet and received minimal damage on both of his arms because of blocking Barry's kick.

Then, it was now Daemon's turn to launch back an attack on Barry by using his fire magic to surround them and also to decrease the size of the stage making it more challenging for them while turning up the heat which makes the surrounding temperature to rise.

This made Barry unable to withstand the heat, and he was so close of collapsing onto the ground.

And then, he manipulates the fire into a straight line to strike Barry while still keeping the initial shape, which made Barry helplessly jumping around like a fool dancing on the dance floor in order to avoid a direct hit from Daemon's dancing flame attack.

The fire somehow mimics the rhythm of a familiar pop song that Barry had once heard during his childhood days.

After that, Daemon infused his black magic with his fire magic to create two gigantic blender's blades which spins in two rotations.

One blade spins in a clockwise motion while the other one spins in an anticlockwise motion.

This made Barry to keep jumping around to avoid all of Daemon's attacks.

When Barry thought of getting off the stage to rest for a while, Daemon immediately blocks his escape route by transforming the shape from a circle into a hemisphere shaped firewall.

Barry thought of using his teleportation powers to teleport outside of the firewall. But when he tried to do so, his plan failed because the walls are extremely thick and the temperature of the fire has increased twofold.

Plus, the other reason he can't do so is instead of having to avoid the rotating fire blades, Daemon changed it to fire bullets which he puts it under his control.

Bullets of fire shot out of the firewall at Daemon's command and aims it at Barry. The speed of the fire bullets is equal to the speed of a bullet from an automatic machine gun, but its firepower is equal to that of a fireball.

Barry had to use acceleration power as the situation forces him to run around in circles to escape the incoming fire bullets.

Every round he runs brings him closer to Daemon, who is standing in the middle of the circle. Before he attacks him, he did an on-the-spot research about the attack. He even tested if the bullets will hit him directly or not.

His idea was right on the money, after all. He concluded Daemon has commanded it to set him as its target, but made it indirectly aim him so that he doesn't suffer fatal injuries during the battle training.

So he used Daemon's attack to his advantage by creating a plan to gather all the fire bullets into one massive fire bullet. Then he dashed in front of Daemon for one last time.

Barry raises his left fist as he prepares his punches. As soon as both of them came into contact with each other, Barry took the initiative by landing his first hit and then released continuous consecutive punches while he waits for the perfect time to teleport behind the giant fire bullet to do a flying kick. After that, he activated his barrier to shield him from getting burned to a crisp by his fire magic and nullified Daemon and his magic with his nullifying magic.

This has made Barry beat Daemon in the fight and win the first round of the battle training.

He is quite relieved to have knocked him out without facing Daemon, where he felt like he was going to lose once more against him.

When they were finally out of the stage, they landed on the soft ground surface.

As Barry looked at his surroundings, he didn't realize that it was already nighttime.

When he looked at the starry sky and the scenery of the town during the night, it mesmerized him to see such a beautiful scenery from the cliffside of the hill.

As soon as he was about to ask Daemon about the next round of the battle training, he noticed Daemon has already fallen asleep.

So he ignored it and continued to look at the scenery while he said to himself in a whisper. "I wished that my world has such a scenery..."

1