Chapter 8: Magic (Part V)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they entered the building, Barry couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the interior of the library.

While they walked around the library, he could see that the hall of the library is spacious and well lit.

He could even see that there were many stairs within the library when they opened the door of the library.

The library has 5 floors despite its outward appearance. This surprised him as he didn't believe what he has seen. It is because the building doesn't look big from the outside.

This led him to believe that the builders used eye optical illusion building technique on the building.

The interior design of the library looks fancy as the floors of the library are placed with marble tiles. At the main entrance of the library, a red carpet was placed on top of the marble tiles. The red carpet is stretched across the 1st floor of the library.

Its walls and ceilings are painted with yellow and light blue, respectively.

As they walked across the floors of the library, Barry could see that the ceilings are full of mural paintings. He found out that the library is stored with lots of books about magic and stuff as they advanced deeper in the library.

When they failed to find the book they were looking for, Daemon and Barry splits up to find the spell book about black magic.

As soon as Barry thought of finding the book by himself, he found the book by chance.

When Barry found the spell book about black magic that they were searching for, he then called Daemon to his place via telepathy because they are in a library, after all.

As Daemon reached his place, he snatched the book from his hands to check if it was the right book or not.

When Daemon turned the pages of the book to check its contents, he confirmed Barry has found the correct book.

He then handed the book back to Barry.

As Barry opened up the book to read the contents inside it, he found many types of black magic.

There are love potions, voodoo magic, and much more. But none of it attracted his attention, except only one which catches his eyes.

The name of the magic is 'Dark Earth Manipulation'. This magic is a high-level magic which requires the user to possess earth magic and black magic. It would be useless if the user doesn't fulfill the requirements. That is the context which Barry reads about this magic.

When he has already made his pick and shows it to Daemon, he is shocked to find Daemon already fallen asleep while remained standing.

When Barry saw this, it annoyed him so much until he could feel his blood pressure increase dramatically. He then wakes up Daemon by stomping on his feet violently.

As soon as he felt his feet been stomped on, he woke up and held his feet as he screamed in agony.

Suddenly, one of the library staff passed by their place when Daemon screamed in pain. The staff then threw a giant thick book as it landed at the back of his head.

When the book landed on his head, Daemon then held his head in pain and squats on the floor. Then he turned his head as he glares at the staff.

The staff saw his reaction and avoided his glare. The staff then pointed its index finger at a sign which says: "Do not make noise, please" before the staff left the area.

Daemon only nodded his head and let out a soft sigh, which only Barry could hear.

As the staff left the area, Barry squatted and said to Daemon in a cold manner. "That's what you get for ignoring me."

Daemon only glared back at Barry and sighed softly for the second time. Then, he asked him if he has already found his pick.

Barry then showed him his choice of selection. When Daemon saw what he has picked, he nodded lightly and said that it is a wonderful choice with a smile plastered on his face.

After that, he brought the book to the counter to borrow it. Barry went outside of the library to wait for Daemon as he has to go through the legal procedures to borrow the book.

As soon as Daemon came out of the library, both of them returned to their bunker house to continue the battle training.

While they were on their way back, they passed by a group of people who were gossiping about something.

As Barry eavesdrop on their conversation, he found out that the group of bandits are wreaking havoc outside the town.

When Barry turned his head to face Daemon, Daemon has already understood the current situation.

Daemon knew he needs to speed up the process to train Barry on how to use magic in battle so that they could execute the battle plan.

Daemon then asks Barry to use his teleportation powers to teleport them back to the bunker house.

Barry did as what Daemon has said to him and teleports them back to the bunker house.

1