Chapter 9: Magic (Part VI)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as they returned from the library, Daemon starts Barry's battle training session.

Before the battle training session begins, Daemon gives a lecture on how to activate 'Dark Earth Manipulation' and how to use it for offense and defense.

After that, Daemon asks Barry to do some stretches before the battle training starts. Then Daemon came forward once more to inform him that the battle training will start soon.

As the battle training begins, both of them went on the stage to begin the battle training.

During the battle training, Daemon reveals that his black magic is 'Dark Fire Manipulation'. This basically means that Daemon's black magic is like his.

Now in this last round of battle training, Barry's 'Dark Earth Manipulation' will face off with Daemon's 'Dark Fire Manipulation'.

The last round of battle training begins as Barry dashes towards Daemon, who stood still at his own place by attacking him with consecutive punches that are infused with his secondary magic powers. Barry names this move as "Dark Earth Consecutive Punches".

The punches which was thrown towards Daemon have caused Daemon to be pushed away from where he stood just now.

Not only that, his demonic healing factor was rendered useless because Barry didn't give him any chance to heal.

This gives Barry the upper hand in the battle against Daemon.

After receiving such a heavy blow from Barry in the early part of the fight, Daemon too goes all out with his powers to create a fire blade and slashes him with it.

Meanwhile, Barry, who noticed the incoming attack, was shocked to see that Daemon uses a blade which he names it as Blade of Fire.

Luckily, he manages to evade the surprise attack from Daemon by jumping out of his attack range.

In order to make the fight fair and square, he recalls what Daemon has taught him and puts it into practice.

To create a sword with his powers, he first needs to imagine the desired shape, size and design of the sword. Then he has to strike the ground with his bare fist and pull it out from the ground.

After that, he leaps into the air while he holds up his sword into the sky and lands in front of Daemon to strike back at him.

Daemon was taken aback when he noticed Barry has made it into a sword fight.

He then thinks that it would be a great idea to make Barry practice to fight with a sword. This is also because he wanted to observe how good is Barry's swordsmanship. He even thinks that this would be beneficial for Barry during the battle with the group of bandits who are creating havoc outside the kingdom.

After he witnessed how good is Barry's swordsmanship while he tried to dodge his attacks, he concluded Barry can hold a sword and has basic swordsmanship skills.

Though he notes Barry isn't worthy to be called a swordsman because of his lack of quality, which a swordsman should have.

So, Daemon takes this opportunity to give him proper training in terms of sense of timing.

To teach Barry on how to set his timing attacks at the right time, he showcases his swordsmanship skills for him to learn about it.

As he showed his sword skills, Barry paused for a moment as he notices the surrounding temperature has increased once again.

Then he realized from where the intense heat emitted. It was from Daemon's sword.

When Daemon swings his sword, fire came out of the sword. Then he strikes the ground, which made the ground cracked open. Sparks of fire arose from the cracks as it approaches Barry.

After Daemon has made his move, Barry has also prepared his move to counter the attack.

He inserted his sword into the ground and shouted the words "Dark Earth Art: Solid Wall". Then a hexagonal shaped wall appeared on the surface of the ground.

This has helped him to defend against Daemon's sword attack. The previous slashes broke apart into small parts to attack him from multiple directions. But all of it was to no avail.

Daemon, who witnessed that Barry could counter all his attacks, feels happy with Barry's achievements.

After that, he tries one more attack to see if Barry could counter it. He then jumped onto the edges of the wall and jumps in to attack him.

He made a grave mistake because Barry has led him into a trap. Barry then said the words "Dark Earth Art: Cannon". Then both of them were blown up into the air.

This move requires a lot of mana energy to be shot out up into the sky, just like a volcano does.

They have now landed back on the ground after the explanation was given.

Both of them were lucky to survive the fall while suffering many injuries around their bodies.

Even if they were in that condition, they still managed to stand up once more to continue the fight.

They used their remaining amount of mana energy to use their normal magic powers to beat each other in the face.

As a result, both of them were beaten out of their daylights and collapsed onto the ground. The last round of the battle training finishes with a tie.

They now rest on the ground as they need to prepare themselves for the upcoming event.

1