Chapter 16: Battle (Part VII)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the fight between Barry and Diego intensifies, Barry's and Diego's fight seems to be an ordinary fight at first, as it looks like Barry and Diego are not taking the fight seriously.

Tired of prolonging their battle, Barry ends it by activating his psychic powers against Diego. Then he uses his earth magic with his black magic to activate dark earth magic together with his nullifying magic which nullified both Diego's physical attacks and movements causing him to be constantly injured by Barry's attacks.

Feeling unhappy with the current situation, Diego too becomes serious with the fight. He activates his darkness magic and showed his professionalism in assassination towards Barry to show just how frightening he can be.

When Diego activated his darkness magic, their surrounding area slowly turns pitch black. This made Barry to lose sight of his enemy.

As the surrounding area turns dark, Diego dashed towards Barry and slashed him multiple times with his dagger. Then he stepped back into the darkness only to reappear behind him and slashed him on his back.

Barry is now at a disadvantage as he can't use his nullifying magic to nullify his opponent. This happened because he needs to look at the opponent for him to activate his magic.

Because of that, he receives multiple injuries on his body.

Blood oozed out from his injuries, making him soaked in his own blood. His body felt numb, sweaty and tired. He loses his footing off the ground. Eyesight faded. Heart thumps louder and his heartbeat rate increased. He felt like his chest making him unable to breathe properly.

Suddenly, he heard the chest being stabbed. At first, he thought it was his chest which was stabbed. But when he checked his body, he is shocked to find no signs of stab in his chest. As he tries to carry up his head, he became speechless after what he has seen.

A crystal flower grew on Diego's chest, then it blooms into a giant bone spear, which pierced his chest and made him cough up blood.

This scene was too much for Barry to witness as he too was about to vomit upon seeing such a horrific scene unfolding before his eyes.

Out of nowhere, two injured mages who wore ragged hooded magician robe appeared in front of Diego. As Barry got a closer look, he realized it was the warp mage and the light mage who came to rescue Diego on time.

Barry knew about this because he remembered the aura of the two professional mages.

While Barry just stared at the backs of the two mages, he heard them muttering about something. As he tried to listen to their conversation, he found out the truth behind what is going on right now.

The newcomer of the group of thieves who lead the group members which Barry failed to earlier has betrayed them by killing them off with his ultimate move, "Bone Flower Dance: Bone Flower Spear". He even found out that the two mages only managed to save two members before they finally collapsed on the ground.

When Barry trudged closer towards the two mages, he realized Diego has been warped to a safer place while the two mages are now a corpse.

This made Barry felt like he wanted to vomit, but he just gulped it down his throat instead. Then he walked away from the place as he plans to reunite with Daemon to fight with the acting leader of the group of thieves.

As he kept on walking through the forest in an injured state, he finally fell on his knees and collapses onto the ground because he couldn't withstand it anymore.

As he thought he was going to die in this world, he heard a familiar voice echoing into his ears. He then felt like his body was shaken.

When Barry opens his eyes to see who it was, he felt a sense of relief on his chest as he is glad to have found Daemon.

He then thought for a second about the current situation and Daemon who has the time to search for him. This made him reach to a conclusion that the two mages only manage to save Barry's and Daemon's opponents while the rest including themselves have perished in the battle.

Then Barry said to Daemon that they should join forces to fight against the acting leader of the group of thieves, which Daemon agrees with his proposal.

When Barry could now detect the acting leader's powers, he thought he wanted to teleport themselves to a much safer place for them to make a plan on how to defeat the acting leader while he rests.

But a thought then rushed through his head. He realized that even if he can detect the powers of the acting leader, he can't say for sure if they should move or not. But they just slipped through the forest.

Suddenly, a certain someone appears right in front of them as they walked through the forest. That "person" is none other than the acting leader and the newcomer of the group, Chris the bone user who is now in monster form.

To their surprise, they realized that Brittney, the princess of Sky Castle, is now trapped in a cage fit for a human.

Daemon was blinded with rage when he saw the princess was in such a situation. But Barry stops him from doing so and makes him realize what was really going on.

When Daemon looked closely at the situation, he then realizes the princess's true intent of letting herself get captured by her opponent.

Inside the cage, the princess just kept her eyes shut while she puts on a smirk on her face. Chris, who was in his monster form, didn't realize this when he carried her in his cage. The princess just pretended to lose during her fight against Chris. This is because she knew that if she pretended to lose in the battle, it would be logical for him to use her as a bait to lure and crush Barry and Daemon. Chris doesn't have any idea about it at all. He just did everything which was according to her plan.

As Chris was about to attack them, the cage where he trapped the princess suddenly exploded into bits. This makes Chris suffer major injuries, which made him roar in agony.

Their surrounding was covered with thick smoke. Barry and Daemon did not know about what was going on until suddenly a familiar figure and voice reached out to them from behind and said to them.

"Glad that I could reunite with both of you. Let's team up to defeat this monster, shall we? Before we start, let me cast a temporary healing magic on you so that you can assist me in defeating this monster. Okay, Barry?", the voice said.

It was in fact Brittney who appeared in between Barry and Daemon. Barry just nodded his head as a way of saying that he agrees while Daemon just said to her he is glad to see her in great condition with a small grin on his face. When the princess saw this, she also grinned back to Daemon.

As the smoke dissipated, Chris couldn't believe his eyes with what he has seen in front of him. His gaze turned back and forth from the damaged cage and the person in front of him. Now, he realized she was indeed the person whom he had locked up in the cage earlier.

Then Brittney pointed out her index finger towards Chris who was now in his monster form and said. "How about we have another rematch? Let's settle the score once more. Don't worry, this two won't interfere in our battle. They are only here to help me give a boost. Do we have a deal?"

Chris just remained silent at first. But suddenly, an evil grin emerged on his face and said. "With pleasure."

0