Chapter 21: An uncertain future
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After going through everything which had happened in that 'unknown' world, he finds himself exhausted and wants to continue his sleep.

But his alarm clock suddenly rings, which made him surprised until he collapses from his bed. This made him knock his head on the cemented floor of his bedroom.

He then gets up on his feet while holding his injured head.

As he looks at the time on his alarm clock while he rubs his tired eyes, his eyes widens with his jaw dropped.

He now realizes that he is late for school. Then he dashes around his room to prepare his school bag and himself for school.

After that, he goes down the stairs to eat breakfast with his parents. Then he was sent to school by car.

Luckily, he manages to reach school on time. He then dashes to his classroom before the class teacher enters the class. This is because the student must be inside the class before the class teacher enters the class to take attendance of the students or else the student will be questioned by the class teacher during recess time.

When he reaches the classroom, he breathes out a sigh of relief as the class teacher has not entered the classroom yet.

He then sat on his seat inside the class and prepares himself for the subjects which he will learn for today. At the end of the day, Barry returns home from school by car.

His normal daily school life only lasts for a week, as things will get pretty messed up after this.

Soon, the day of the results for the test has arrived. This made everyone including Barry nervous as they are about to receive their test results.

Everyone has received their test results. Some of them had a smile on their face while some frowned when they received their test results. When it was Barry's turn to receive his results, his heart skipped a beat as he comes up to receive the results from the teacher.

As he returns to his seat, he takes a sneak peek at his results. When he saw his results, his eyes widened as he cannot believe what he just saw.

He scored a total mark of 80 on his test. This made him cried tears of joy as he feels relieved that he did his revision the night before the entrance exam started.

Those who sat next to him felt awkward with his reaction towards his test results. But they still congratulated him, anyway.

Suddenly, a girl came up to him and congratulates him on his test results.

"Wow! Congratulations on getting 3rd place with 80 marks, Barry!"

This startled him as he didn't realize the girl's presence. As he turns his head to see who it was, he was surprised to see a familiar face. It was Angelica.

He then said to her. "Oh... hello. Thanks?"

Angelica just smiled at him and tries to start a conversation with Barry by asking him questions, such as his birthday and much more.

Barry felt strange about how Angelica could start a conversation with someone who she had just met.

While both of them had a conversation, another girl who sits down in front of him stares at Barry in anger because she only got fourth place with a total mark of 75.

The girl's name is April. She has long black hair with a tint of brown in her hair which was styled in a ponytail, has brown eyes and tanned skin.

When she heard Barry got 3rd place in the class, she felt jealous of Barry because he received praises from others while no one praised her at all.

As Angelica chatted with Barry, she notices April's glare at him. So in order to calm her down, she stops the conversation for a while and brings Barry to praise her achievements before she continues their conversation again.

This shocked both Barry and April with her sudden actions. But this made April happy because she has received at least two praises from Barry and Angelica.

However, Barry was clueless about Angelica's actions because he didn't realize April's glare at all. After that, everything just went on as normal.

At the end of the day, Barry got to know two strange girls. One is Angelica, a girl who likes to befriend with strangers. The other one is April, a girl who wants to get praised for her achievements.

While everything is doing well for Barry, he has yet to realize that fate has other plans in store for him.

Somewhere within the world, there is a top secret global organization named "The Organization". It is an organization which has a vision to make the world a safe place for humans to live in. The Organization is the only organization in the world, which handles the safety of the world from things that are beyond the human's comprehension.

Now inside the office of The Organization, two men are discussing the recruitment of a new member into the organization.

A man who wears glasses holds a document file in his hand and hands it to the leader of The Organization. He then said to the leader.

"Sir, here is the document file of the candidate which we deem as suitable for the position."

The leader opens up the file and looks at the content information about the candidate. After that, he asks the man.

"This is the candidate which is suitable for the job? He is still young, but he has quite an interesting background. Okay, please take this document file and put it inside the archive. After that, the rest of it is your job. Understand? Now, dismiss."

The man took back the document file and said. "Understood." Then the man left the room.

The leader was now alone in the office and said to himself.

"Barry, huh? Such a young kid with such a background. This is quite rare. Well, I guess I have nothing to say then."

As such an event took place, Barry was now back at his home. He does his revision, he helped with the chores and does his daily routines of the day.

When it was already time for him to sleep, he remembers the person who helped him to awaken his innate powers.

This is a flashback when he was still an infant.

Barry's parents took him to see a man named Winchess, who has unique powers to heal Barry's mysterious sickness. This is because his body temperature was extremely high. His parents feared he might die, so they brought him to meet Winchess.

When Winchess first laid his eyes on the infant, he asked them for the infant's date of birth. His parents did what they were told to do.

After that, he has figured out the problem. Then he did something to Barry, which helped to lower the body temperature back to normal.

Since then, they always went to Winchess's house until he reached the age of 6. Then he said to Barry.

"I hope you will one day become like me."

This words have been ringing in his ears ever since. Before he fell asleep, he said to himself in a low voice.

"I'm not sure if I could be a useful person like you, uncle."

Then he slept early to wake up early for school tomorrow.

0