Chapter 22: School is supposed to be a place for learning, right?
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was pitch dark and the atmosphere of the room gave off a gloomy feeling for anyone who enters the room. The room is filled with lots of mysterious items in it.

The mysterious items inside the room are ranged from mysterious books to shady-looking items that look seriously dangerous to anyone who sees it. It is unknown why the owner of this room likes to decorate his room like this? Is it because he has such a weird taste? Or is it because of something else? No one knows the answer to that question.

Across the dark and gloomy room, there are creaking sounds which comes from the wooden bed inside the room. There lies someone sleeping on top of it. The creaking sounds were made because of the person's behaviour of frequently changing sleeping postures.

Then, the ear-piercing silence was ended by the stinging sound of the alarm clock ringing throughout the room. This made the boy wake up from his slumber.

The boy straightened the upper part of his body on the bed while stretching his sleepy arms towards the ceiling. The boy then gets out from bed and does pumping exercise before taking his bath.

After that, the boy opens the curtains which made his room brighter. The boy then went to take a shower in his own bathroom. After he has completed his shower, the boy goes to his wardrobe to take his school uniform, and he then goes to the mirror.

When he stood in front of the mirror, the boy's appearance is now reflected in the mirror. The boy has black hair, which is styled in a neatly combed haircut. He has a heart-shaped face and has a medium build body. He has almond-shaped eyes with a not-so-clear scar on his left eyebrow. The boy wears a short sleeve uniform which has his name tag sewn above the chest pocket with his name 'Barry' on it and wears a long green pants.

After he has changed into his school uniform, he then prepares his school bag and brings it downstairs to eat breakfast with his parents.

When they have finished their breakfast, he is then sent to school by his father.

As they have reached his school, Barry gets down from the car and walks to his class. While he was on his way to his classroom, he looks at his watch to see what time it is now. When he realized it is almost time for class, he slowly increases his foot pace to reach the class.

Luckily, he could reach there before the class teacher does. Upon entering the class, he notices that his previous seat has been taken over once again by the other students in his class. He then manages to find an empty seat somewhere in the class.

The seat is in the second row from the front and in the first row from the left side of the class. This time, he gets to sit down behind Angelica. But now she acts awkwardly to him by just saying "Hello!" and turns her head to the front.

Barry feels weird with Angelica's suspicious act and just leaves it like that. As he glanced through the window near him, he notices two students sitting down on their seats next to him. He then shifts his eyes towards them.

One was a short boy with short, curly hair, has an oval face, big round eyes and has tanned skin. The most outstanding feature is his pointy ears, which makes him look like a goblin or elf. But at the moment, Barry doesn't know what creatures to compare his ears to.

The other one was a boy, whom Barry thinks is about the same height as him. He has fair skin, has a round face, small brown eyes and has dark brown hair.

Both of them greeted him and introduced themselves to him. Barry too also greets them politely and introduces himself to them.

The short boy was the first one to greet him and introduced himself with a smile on his face. "Hi, I am Andrew. Nice to meet you. Let's be friends, okay?"

The tall boy then takes his turn to greet him and introduces himself to Barry. "Hello, my name is Brian. Nice to meet you."

After both of them have introduced themselves, he then introduces himself to the both of them. "Hello Andrew and Brian, I am Barry. It's a pleasure to meet the both of you."

As the three of them chatted with each other, a girl suddenly steps in and interrupts their conversation by asking Brian for something.

The girl is short but taller than Andrew. She has dark brown hair, which is styled in a ponytail. She has a round face, has tanned skin and small brown eyes which are accompanied by black rectangular lenses.

When the girl noticed Barry was there, she halted her conversation with Brian and introduces herself to Barry. "Hi, I am Alice. Nice to meet you, Barry. How do you feel about the class?"

At first, he was surprised when the girl has already known his name before he could introduce himself. But he then just assumes that the girl looked at his name tag. However, this wasn't the case.

As the girl noticed Barry's reaction, a small grin was formed on her lips and continued her talk. "Oh, I guess you must have felt rather uncomfortable when someone you have never met before suddenly says your name like they have known you for quite some time. Don't worry, I understand how you feel."

She continued. "I guess you must be wondering about it. The reason how I know about your name is all thanks to my friend, Angelica. She has told me all about you the other day. Seems like she is..."

Before Alice could finish her sentences, Angelica suddenly turns to face Barry with a smile on her face while cupping her hands around Alice's mouth to stop her conversation with Barry.

She then said to Barry in a polite way. "Please, just ignore her and her words. This girl would sometimes go off-topic in a conversation. Sorry for disturbing your conversation. Please continue your conversation."

Barry just gave her an awkward smile and said. "Umm... okay, then? But doesn't she look like she's going to pass out soon?"

Angelica turns her head to see Alice's condition and turns her head once again towards Barry. Then she said to him. "Oh, don't worry about her. This is nothing for her. She can still breath under this condition."

Barry and the others just ignored both of them and continued on with their activities. Soon, most of them run back to their own seats as the class teacher comes in to take the class attendance. Not long after that, the class teacher who is also their Geography teacher then starts the class.

Everything just went by smoothly until recess time. During recess time, he was the only student left inside the class. As he is alone inside the class, he takes this chance to sort out all his subject's notes for him to do revision later.

When recess time was over, all his classmates came back to resume class. Now it is time for Maths class to begin, but the Maths teacher didn't come to school. So a substitute teacher was sent to their class as a replacement for the absent Maths teacher.

But when the substitute teacher came into the class, she just asks the students to do self-study for Maths.

Everyone in the class, including Barry, had no idea on what they need to study, thus all of them just did their own things.

As for they all Barry, Angelica, Andrew, Brian and Alice, the five of them played games such as Tic-Tac-Toe and more.

When the clock ticks at half-past five in the evening, the bells rang aloud as a sign that evening school session has ended. All the students lined up outside the class to go down the stairs.

As soon as he has reached outside the school gates, he stood there as he awaits for his mother's car to fetch him from school. While he was waiting, he could see all the students chatting with their friends, students lining up to buy foods and drinks from the food vendors that parked at the bus stop, and much more.

Soon his vehicle has arrived, and he rides it back home.

0