Chapter 28: Preparation for Sports Day event
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Barry arrives at school, he looks at his wristwatch to find that he has arrived at school a bit earlier than usual.

This allows Barry to take his time as he saunters his way to his class.

When Barry reaches his class, he enters the class and is greeted by Ethan, who was just idling at his seat.

Both of them then started to chat with each other. Ethan was the one who started the conversation.

"Hey, Barry! How are you?"

"Hey, Ethan. I'm doing fine. How about you?"

"Yeah, I'm doing just fine. Hey, do you want to know something?"

"Okay? Sure. What is it?"

"This is just something I've heard from others... But apparently, it seems that we will soon be having a Sports Day event."

"Oh, I see..." Barry answered with his eyes widened, as he was surprised to hear about this from Ethan.

He then asks Ethan, "So... when is this Sports Day going to be held?"

Ethan said to him. "Well, I'm not sure about that, though. But hey, will you be able to come for the Sports Day?"

Barry felt confused about why Ethan would ask him such a question. But he just replied anyway. "Yeah, sure."

"Oh, okay." Ethan said to Barry and gave him a thumbs up with a smile.

After their conversation ends, their form teacher, who is also their Geography subject teacher, enters the class. And now, class begins.

Everyone inside the class paid full attention to what Teacher Molly is teaching in front of the class, as they are afraid that if they are not paying attention, she will call out their name and ask them questions.

While all the students paid attention in class, some of them were jotting down what Teacher Molly teaches them in class.

One such example is like Barry, who jots down all what Teacher Molly has written on the whiteboard and information that she shared during the lesson without missing a single detail on his Geography notebook.

Suddenly, the class was interrupted when a school prefect from another class came and knocked on the class door.

The said school prefect then said to Teacher Molly. "Hello, teacher. Sorry for disturbing your lesson. May I search for Colin?"

When Colin heard that his name was called, he got up from his chair and stood upright at his own seat.

The female school prefect then makes a hand gesture which tells him to come to the front and asks him to come outside of the class.

Colin did what he was instructed to do and came out of the class to hear what she had to say to him.

After they were done talking to each other, Colin enters back into the class. He stood in front of the class and gave the students an instruction to go to the school hall.

Everyone inside the class then comes out from their seats and assembles outside the class before making their way to the school hall.

When they entered the school hall, they could see that there were already some other classes and senior classes already entered the school hall before them.

Everyone inside the school hall, which includes some teachers and students, is waiting for the other classes, teachers, and the headmistress to enter the school hall before the special assembly begins.

Not long after that, the special assembly begins when everyone has entered the school hall.

The said special assembly is actually about the Sports Day speech from the principal of the school. This also marks the starting day of the preparation day for Sports Day.

While the Sports Day speech was given by the principal, the students inside the hall, be it junior and senior students alike, had mixed opinions and feelings about it.

Some of them were happy and eager to attend the event. Some were happy but not so eager to come for the event. Others were surprised that such an event is to be held so soon to the point it became a topic of the day for them. And some were just lazy and not eager to attend such an event at all with their own personal reasons.

Barry, however, had no feelings or opinions at all about the speech for the upcoming event. He just sat on the floor with his legs crossed while he just stared in front at the principal talking at the podium and listened to the speech.

After the special assembly has ended, all the students are then asked to return to their respective classes to resume their classes.

After a while, it was then time for recess time. All the students came out from their classes to go to the canteen or to any other parts of the school to hang out.

This time, Barry now has a group of friends to eat together at the canteen, including Ethan.

After recess has ended, everyone returns to their respective classes once more.

During class, they were interrupted once again by the speakers installed everywhere across the whole school compound.

It was an announcement regarding the Sports Day event.

In the announcement, it was about what activities there are during the Sports Day event.

After the announcement was given, some senior students were given permission by their subject teachers to skip class to recruit junior students for the upcoming Sports Day event's activities.

When several senior students arrived at the doorstep of the class, they each introduced themselves and told each of their purpose for coming to the class.

One is a leader of the marching group, who is looking to recruit junior students to take part in the marching activity for the upcoming Sports Day event. The others were there to recruit for a 100/200/400-meter run, long jump, high jump and much more.

When each of them has already introduced themselves and for what activities they are recruiting for, everyone in the class was discussing with each other.

After they have made their decisions, they then joined whichever activities they want to take part in.

At that time, when Barry heard that there was a marching group, he made the final decision to join the marching group with no hesitation.

The question that Ethan had asked him earlier suddenly popped up in his head.

He stood still for a while. Then he snaps himself back to reality by shaking his head.

He then said to himself. "Why did this question come to my mind? Of course I could follow the event. It's not like something is going to happen to me, right?"

He threw away his self-doubts and replaced it with self-confidence for himself. And he has now registered himself into the marching group.

0