Chapter 29: Not everything is certain
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been such a busy week for Barry, as he has had a busy schedule ahead of him these past few days.

Ever since Barry followed the marching activity, he is stuck in a tight schedule of the marching activity training.

The training involves learning the proper way to march, matching your marching speed in unison with the others, and much more. Barry and the others who joined the marching activity had to attend school for at least 3 to 5 hours a day. The same thing goes for the others who took part in the other kinds of activities.

Now, at the present time, Barry and the other boy students stayed in class, except for Joe. Meanwhile, Angelica and the other girl students, including Joe, went to another place to study Home Economics subject.

That is because when it is time for Integrated Living Skills subject, the boy students and girl students learn two different subjects during that lesson.

During that lesson, all the boy students who study Technical Skills subject are told to stay put in class, while they separated all the girl students who study Home Economics subject from the boy students in the class and gather them in the Home Economics room.

When Barry saw Joe leaving the class to follow the girl students in their class to the Home Economics room, he wondered to himself. "Huh? Why is Joe following the girls in our class to the Home Economics room? Did he choose to study Home Economics over Technical Skills? Hm… maybe?"

Barry then tried to ask Ethan if he knows anything behind the reason Joe studies Home Economics subject, instead of Technical Skills subject. But even Ethan doesn't know the reason.

When Hillbert overheard Barry's conversation with Ethan, he walked towards their place and taps on Barry's left shoulder.

When Barry felt a tap on his shoulder, he turns his head to find Hillbert standing behind him and said to him. "Hey, Hillbert. What's the matter?"

Hillbert then said to him. "Barry, I thought I overheard you asking why Joe study Home Economics, right?"

Barry then replied to him. "Yes. Why is that?"

Hillbert then answered him. "If I'm not mistaken, I thought he told me something about his parents forcing him to take that subject, I guess? Maybe it would be better for you to ask him about that yourself, if you want to."

"Oh, I see. I will think about that later. Thanks for the info, Hillbert.", Barry said to Hillbert with a smile.

Hillbert went back to his seat after he saw the subject teacher approaching their class.

When Barry notices Hillbert was staring at something outside the window, Barry turns his attention to the window.

There he saw a teacher is about to enter their class and prepares himself to greet the teacher.

When Barry stands up to greet the teacher, no one except him is the only one who stood up first to greet the teacher.

Soon, when Ethan and Colin stood up to greet the teacher, only then did the other students follow them to stand and greet the teacher.

And now, the class starts.

In Technical Skills subject, the boy students learn all the important things they need to know based on daily life, especially with their subject focusing on the technical side of things. Meanwhile, in Home Economics subject, the girl students also learn the same things as the boy students. But, in their subject, they are going to learn mainly about cooking, baking, and other sorts of stuff.

Soon, the teacher asked Barry, Ethan, and Colin to pick up some wooden planks and some saws to the class for learning.

The three of them did as their subject teacher instructed them and went to the school's workshop building to gather the items needed for the subject.

After they gathered the things, they carried it back to their class.

When they arrived in class, the teacher asked them to go back to their seats as the teacher teaches the class about woodworking.

After the teacher finished teaching about various types of saws, types of wooden planks, and how to do woodworking, the teacher then asks any of the boy students in the class to be volunteers as an example in woodworking.

When the teacher noticed that no one wanted to volunteer themselves to be an example in woodworking in front of the class, it force the teacher to use the class roster to call out any of the boy students' names to the front as an example in woodworking.

The name that the teacher calls out first was Eric.

When Eric heard his name being called out by the teacher, he was at first nervous. But after being given encouragement by his friends, including Colin, he gains some confidence to try doing it.

When Eric stood in front of the class, the teacher handed over the saw to him. The teacher then gave him a task: to finish sawing a 5 meter wooden plank into two.

As Eric accepted the task, he tried to do it. But, he could only cut a meter on the wooden plank before the saw got stuck.

The teacher then asked Eric to go back to his seat and asked if there was anyone else who wants to volunteer themselves to help Eric finish the task.

Eric then suddenly shouted Hillbert's name while pointing his finger toward Hillbert's seat.

Eric's actions shocked Hillbert and, because of it, thus selected to come to the front as an example. But he too failed to finish the task.

After that, several boy students who were called out by the teacher to complete the said task in the same way as how Eric did earlier, attempted to accomplish the said task. However, none could finish the task.

When the teacher saw that no one could finish the task yet, she looks up the class roster and randomly calls out Barry's name.

As Barry was called out by the teacher, he felt annoyed when everyone's stares fell on him.

He thought of not moving out from his seat to go to the front. But Ethan got up and carried Barry out from his seat and pushed him forward to the front while giving him words of encouragement.

"You can do it.", Ethan said to Barry.

This ignited a flame of courage in Barry to take on the challenge given by the teacher.

To everyone's surprise, including the teacher, Barry managed to saw it in half. Not only that, but he was the only one who cut the most of the said wooden plank at a whopping length of 3.5 meters compared to several people's cut up to 1.5 meters.

When the Integrated Living Skills subject ended, Barry realized they used April's table for the lesson just now.

So, he thought to himself. "Maybe I should help April clean up her table, huh?" And he did just that.

When April enters the class, she noticed Barry cleaning her table and felt embarrassed yet thankful to him for his thoughtfulness.

Around the same time, unbeknownst to anyone's realization, Angelica just looks at this scene from outside the class.

0