Prologue – The Age of Magicians
1.6k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Not much time left.’

A figure stood at the top of a stone pillar, watching as an army approached him. The conglomeration of over one hundred thousand swordsmen, knights, archers, and magicians were slowly marching toward him, brandishing weapons or wands, ready to fight for their country.

The figure on the stone pillar raised his own wand, and a portion of the army flinched. Very few of the soldiers were veterans of battles fought against the figure, but only because the figure was so ruthless with his methods.

‘Time to get started,’ the figure thought, as he cast the first spell of the fight.

The figure laid at the base of the pillar, silently casting spells into the air while bleeding from his chest. His eyes clouded over, and he resorted to using spells that didn’t need to be aimed. His free hand was placed over the hole in his chest, and his other hand continued to cast spells through his wand.

“Arminius!” a knight in golden armor shouted, approaching the injured figure. The figure launched a spell at the knight, but he wasn’t able to see to aim, and he missed.

The knight raised his sword directly over the figure’s body and said, “The age of magicians is over; the age of the martial way has begun!” He stabbed downward, cutting into the figure’s neck and severing his head.

14