Chapter 15: The watchful eye
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ AHHHH!!! IT’S BEEN 3 HOURS AND WE STILL CAN’T FIND ANYTHING!!!!!” Ice roared in frustration as he paced around the hidden cave. 

 

The entire group was in disarray. The atmosphere was tense. And Anne, the supposedly temporary leader, has yet to awaken.

 

Mary was cowering in the corner of the cave, praying as her salty cries of prayer rolled down her pale face. Then, she stood up again, determination burning in her eyes, paced around the cave again, searching, and crouched down again. This was repeated over the past 2 hours. 

 

Well, as for Ruby? Well, she was rewetting the cold soaked cloth to put on Anne’s forehead. Despite her cheery demeanor, everyone on the team knew she was the calmest person after Anne. However, she, too, was breaking down in cold sweat, the back of her shirt soaked of her accumulated sweat. 

 

“ Heavens, please help me again this time! I beg of you!” Ruby prayed in her heart, her facial expression unperceived due to her lowered head. 

 

*Two hours ago*

 

“WHY DID ANNE FAINT???!!!She’s usually acting all strong and calm, so why???!!!” Ice roared in desperation as he shook Anne in hope to awake her. Anne jolted for a moment and Ice’s eyes lit up, but dimmed again after 30 seconds of no response. 

 

“ Well, I guess we have to figure this out on our own then.” Ruby stated as she motioned the other to gather around her. She was like the vice-leader of the team who took care of things when the leader wasn’t around. 

 

“ I’ll make sure to beat some sense into Anne and make sure that she doesn’t faint in such crucial moments when she wakes up.” Ice sweared in his heart in scarenfrued, once again igniting the flame of breaking that ice cold face once more. 

 

****Somewhere in Anne’s mind*****

“ ACHOO!”

“ What was that? I don’t think I got a cold though.” Anne thought while wiping her nose with her fingers. 

 

****Back to the discussion****

 

“ Well, what do we do now , vice-leader Ruby?” Ice asked jokingly as he crossed his legs in a comfortable position on a mossy rock.

 

Ruby took a deep breath, crossed her arms and started speaking. “ Ok, listen up. Because Anne isn’t here , injuring ourselves is not an option. So, since most cctvs’ on Kolias can detect any trajectory of something and immediately dispose of its target. We cannot risk throwing any object at the CCTV nor can we sneak by since there are more than one CCTV installed here.” 

 

“ S-so wh-what do we do?” Mary asked , the glint of hope in her eyes flickering, threatening to diminish at any moment. 

 

“ Well, the only option left is to find another exit out of this place. We have to hurry though, the prime minister of Feronis and the prime minister of Cacail are arriving at 8 sharp this morning.” Ruby reminded them again as she left to search for another exit. 

 

****Back to the present****

 

“ We’re going to die, we’re going to die, we’re going to die……” Mary warbled under her breath , her head buried in her knees. 

 

“ Hey now, we haven’t lost all hope yet, right? It’s only 6 IN THE MORNING??????!!!!!!” Ice’s originally bleated vice shrieked in surprise as he checked his watch on his wrist. 

 

“ We’re going to die, we’re going to die, we’re going to die….” Mary quavered , her whole body vibr-trembling from the shock as she keened for her peaceful death.

 

Then suddenly, “ zzzzzt, zzzzzzt, zzzzzt” thes sound of 3 electronic devices shutting down was heard just outside of their hidden cave. 

 

The trio stopped what they were doing and peeked outside stealthily, pushing each other around for a closer look. But then , they froze.

 

A pair of amber eyes were leering at them, the eyes seemingly glowing in the blanketed night. They could nearly see canines sticking out of the top of the person’s lip. 

“ Well, come out now. Aren’t you going to greet your savior? I’m so sad, I thought you’ll at least pay me a few thousand dollars for getting you out of this fix.” The frank but casual voice rang out again. 

 

The trio heard their heart stop for a moment, just a moment. Mary stared fearfully at Ruby, her eyes wailing for help. 

 

After a second of silence, Ruby nodded her head, her right hand motioning them to follow her. 


Hey guys! Been a long time, huh? Anyways, I will be uploading another 1 or 2 chapters later in the day so I'll see you later, I guess.

(~ ̄▽ ̄)~ Have fun reading and stay safe guys!

0