Chapter 18: Lured into a tiger’s den
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“ Sit down, Mister Exor,I’ll make some tea for you? What would you like to drink and eat?” Dr Zero asked, pulling the mauve diamond-studded armchair politely for Exor the prime minister’s assistant to sit. After Exor sat, Dr Zero proceeded to the metal island, which had a metal cabinet hovering over it.

 

As Dr Zero prepared the tea set, Exor spoke. “ Plain black tea with lots of honey and cream and himbere(similar to raspberries) jam biscuits please.” 

 

As Dr Zero’s enthusiastic “Coming right up!” faded into the background, Exor started to speak to the trio who had already laid on the three metal beds that laid out across the small room.

 

“ Come here you three. I have something to ask you.” Exor called frankly as he positioned himself comfortably on the armchair. 

 

“ Yes, sir!” The trio responded in unplanned unison. Although the three didn’t look the slightest bit nervous, the signs they expressed with their free hands secretly didn’t seem to agree.

 

“ What the hell is happening?! Weren’t we just here for the experiments?!” Ice showed with his hands, directing the question to Anne.

 

“ Well, I don’t know. Even though many have supervised our experiments like this before, they never asked us questions when we were in the lab room. Just keep calm and answer all the questions with a poker face. If he tries to force out information about what we do at night, just express confusion and try to point out some behaviors that seem suspicious. Make sure you have the evidence to back it up.” Anne replied.

 

“ Wel, come on. I don’t have all day. SIt down.” Exor chastised subtly, pointing to the floor beside him.

 

“ Yes, my lord.” The trio replied, standing neatly in a line next to each other at the spot that Exor had pointed at.

 

“ What are your names, subjects?” Exor asked, his voice sleepy but authoritative.

 

“11009. Origin: Earth. Status: Successful subject. Stationed lab: Feronis.”

 

“ 500098. Origin: Kolias. Status: Successful subject. Stationed lab: Akaila.”

 

“500097. Origin: Kolias. Status: Successful subject. Stationed lab: Akaila.”

 

The three replied accordingly, akin to a foot soldier reporting to the general.

 

“ Ok, 11009, 500098, 500097, what do the lab subjects do on a daily basis? Please explain in detail and include what activities you do during your free time.” Exor asked, laying his head casually on his fist.

 

“ First thing in the morning, we usually wash up and clean up our beds. Then, we proceed to the canteen, where most of the successful subjects eat. On the other hand, the unsuccessful subjects are fed food rations. After all the lab subjects finish their breakfast, we would gather at the auditorium where our assigned supervisors will pass us our assigned chores and schedules. With that, we would proceed with our day according to the schedule. If anyone is even a second late or breaks any rules, punishments will be handed out accordingly.” Anne responded, taking another deep breath to explain the latter part of Exor’s question.

 

“ As for your second question, my lord, I usually spend my time cleaning up my room or trying new hairstyles outside, of course, within the camp’s grounds.”  Anne finished her answer flawlessly, making it seem as though there were no unfounded truths in her answer. 

 

Luckily, when Anne is in a dangerous situation, her mind would automatically enter a trance where she is completely calm.

 

“ Noted.” Exor resplied austrely, ending the conversation when he saw Dr Zero approaching with a metal tray that carried the requested tea and biscuits.

 

“ My lord~ I’m done.” Dr Zero chirped cheerfully, his eyes and tone suddenly turning cold when he saw that the three had yet to prop themselves on the metal beds.

 

“ Why are you three still here? It’s standard procedure for you to get yourselves ready for an experiment. Come on, why are you still here? Get going!” Dr Zero growled, chastising them.

 

 “ Calm down, Dr Zero. It was I that called them here.” Exor interrupted , his cup of frothy tea clinking abruptly on the tea plate.

 

“ Is that so? Well, hurry along, subjects. I don’t have all day.” Dr Zero sarcastically said, ushering them to the metal beds, tapping his feet on the floor impatiently while waiting for them.

 

“ Yes, Dr.” The three said, climbing up on the metal beds obediently.

 

0