Chapter 22: Spies
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ I need some information tonight, stat. This time, I want information about the form sent in by Feronis’s prime minister to request a new project.” This was written on a note left by Emerson. On the right corner of the small note, a small cat sketch ‘cutely’ warning them to burn the note after reading it. The consequences would include some corpses if not complied with.

“ Well, that’s what she said,” Anne said using morse code while passing by Ruby and Ice in the corridor. Recently, they had difficulty meeting up due to some ‘mysterious’ coincidences.

It always seemed as if someone had a request for them when they had a task they had to do together, aside from experiments where they were unconscious 90% of the time. There were cases where the scientist wanted to keep them awake to see more reactions, but that’s a story for another day. 

“So, you’ll do it tonight, right?” Ruby asked for confirmation in morse code.

“Yup. Okay, bye, see you later.” Anne affirmed Ruby’s assumption.

And so, the trio dispersed and headed in their respective directions.

*****

Anne knocked the last person out by pressing their pressure points on their nose, enough to give her enough time to get the information Emerson needed.

She hurriedly went into the chamber and swiftly went to the shelf where they kept the more important requests. She had analyzed this place for 1 year and a half straight before getting the actual blueprint of the chamber. And that did not include all the secret passages in this huge chamber. She actually only found it a day before had it memorized for this special occasion.

“Amazing coincidence, really. I might’ve been dead by this dawn if I didn’t get it done. “ Anne thought to herself as she swiftly glanced across the names of the documents that were recently sent in.

“ Eh? It’s not here?” Anne questioned herself, a doubting look on her face. 

“ The minister of documentation prefers to keep important documents in his office.” A familiar voice ringed out, making Anne’s head make a sharp turn to the direction it came from.

“ It was a test after all, huh? ” Anne calmly said as she stretched her neck, making a sharp crack that ringed through the eerie, silent chambers.

“ Well, look like you realized right away, huh? It looks like I need to try harder to deceive you.” Emerson jokingly said.

“ You’re fine the way you are. You did that on purpose, after all. I would be an idiot not to notice that obvious hint.” Anne replied with a hint of indifference.

“ You say that, but you were still unsure, weren’t you?”

“ A person in your position wouldn’t risk something that would risk revealing yourself. My position changed after being noticed by Sir Exor, of course.” 

“ Your analyzing abilities are great! I sincerely praise you for that.” Emerson answered in a sincere voice.

Anne rolled her eyes and left the room.

“ Rude, leaving a woman this late at night alone. Aren’t you gonna escort a pretty lady home?” Emerson berated, pouting her cherry-colored lips cutely. But, Anne wasn’t there anymore.  

“Tch.” Emerson clicked her tongue and left the room as well.

And with that, the night ended, and a new day once again approached.

0