Chapter 10: Welcome To Horizon Millitary Highschool.
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has already been a month since I visited Sweden, and the task of assembling my team is almost finished. I only need to finish the paperwork for the last three members.

One of them is Lucas, a boy with strange magical abilities and a friend of mine. I met with him in a training camp in North America. We became friends fast. I called him two weeks ago, and he accepted my offer.

Other is a girl named Stephanie Baker, the only daughter of renowned serial killer/assassin Micheal Baker. She is fast, powerful, and deadly, like his father. I don't know her too much. She is more of Lucas' friend than mine, but she is his personal recommendation, so I am okay with it.

And lastly, Yin, a shapeshifter. My father recommended him. I don't know much about him, except that he can imitate anyone's voice and disguise himself as any human being.

"So Leon, are you excited for tomorrow? You know we are finally going to an actual UDC school. That's our dream for a long time."

Ah, that's my sister, and she sounds cheerful. "Yes, Olie, I am also excited, but I am also curious about tomorrow. I wonder how will be the meeting will go. None of you guys know each other."

We are staying in the same room right now. But that's nothing important, nor new. During our childhood, we always stayed together almost every day. Well, till I go abroad for further education on technology.

But as two teenagers, one boy, and one girl, this could be seen as a problem, but she is my sister, and I think that takes care of that.

"But, hey sis, I am filled with hope. I believe tomorrow will be great. We are special kids of UDC, remember? And if you start worrying about your scars, find the strongest thing you find and beat it. It will work."

"I am not going to do that, and my curiosity about tomorrow changed with how the hell you assembled a team your social skill, well, I will hit the bed, good night."

"Be careful, Olie, and good night." Even though Olivia is an experimental abomination of power, which most people respect in those types of schools, I still worry for her.

She closed the lights and hastily moved to her bed using her ability, silent as a ghost.

"Well, I should sleep too."I moved to my bed and let my body fall into the sweet land of dreams. Tomorrow will be an important day for me.

*****

Ah, the glorious morning. Today is my most important day! Well, not only mine, Olie is excited too.

A convoy of armored vehicles took us from the place we were staying. This extra protection wasn't because of how important we were, but rather to protect all the expensive weapons I'd been bringing with me to the school.

Father was waiting inside the vehicle assigned to carry us.

When we exited the building and began moving towards the vehicle, father got out and hugged both of us.

"I must say that I am happy with how both of you grew" He hugs me a bit too hard. This old dog shouldn't forget who he is.

I managed to break free from his hug, thanks to Olie's help and took a deep breath. "Thank you, father. We are also happy with the turn our lives took."

Olie, with a cheerful voice, added. "I heard Horizon was a house for many talented kids from all over the world. I wonder how it will go."

"Then why are you both waiting? Let's move on."

We entered the vehicle, and the convoy hastily began moving.

We will wait at least half an hour since Horizon is outside the city. But the road is nowhere boring.

The City Of Heroes. City grave to more legends than any other, and where Horizon, or Horizon International Military High School for its full name, is.

The reason why you may ask, well, the answer is quite simple actually. First Frontliners raised by The UDC fought against their first champion-scale Rift in this city. Almost every corner has a Frontliners memorial.

And other than that, the history this city has, the geographical features surrounding the whole thing are fabulous too.

With giant beaches, beautiful mountains, and never-ending forests combined with warm weather, there is a reason why City Of Heroes has a population of ten million. Second most populated in Europe.

Something poked my arm. I turned towards where pock came from and saw Olie looking at Horizon with fascinated eyes. It is still quite far from here, but it makes the scenery even better.

The whole school is almost big as the city itself. And it is at least living as the city itself. It is placed over an island away from the city and connected to the mainland through a massive bridge. A special kind of bridge with dirt as the floor (except the asphalt roads) and a small forest over it. One of its kind.

Other than that, Horizon has massive laboratories, glorious arenas, luxurious dormitories, many different kinds of workshops, a mall, and six giant buildings surrounding it.

I am not talking about the forest, which the whole thing is built-in. I bet there are even some wild animals living inside.

Suddenly our convoy stopped, and the vehicle's doors opened.

"Well, get out. If you want to reach the opening ceremony, you will take the road suggested by Horizon."

I know that a common tradition among Military Highschools. Students are deployed a little away and walk to the school. In this case, we must pass through the forest and reach the main gate.

Olie was the first to jump out. She stretched a bit. "Now, that is something I am fond of." First, some black mist, then the same colored tentacles burst out from Olie's body.

I moved towards one of the vehicles behind the convoy and grabbed a big armored suitcase from inside. Inside it, I have a partial capability expander or PCE for short. This one, named Jackrabbit, is three pieces of armor that are to extend its wearer's physical capabilities. It has boots to increase speed and height, supports for the spine to improve the amount of weight one can carry, and a helmet to protect its user's head.

I made Olie wait until I finished wearing it.

"Now, I am finished. Shall we begin moving towards our common dream?"

Olie smiled. "Yes, we shall." She suddenly shot two of her tentacles onto the ground and used them as a sling to launch herself forward. "Last to come will buy dinner!" Her voice faded away as she moved forward.

Oh, I won't lose that to her. I leaped forward and began running towards my target, fast as a racehorse.

But Olie and I are not the only ones running inside the forest. There are hundreds of students our age around, and they are using their ability to reach the gates. And everyone has almost the same excitement on their face.

But a participant took my interest, a flaming figure flying in the skies, the phoenix. I wasn't expecting him to come this easy, to be honest.

I dashed towards where is flying and turned Jackrabbits all power into a high leap mod to speak with him, and with one powerful jump, I reached the phoenix cruising in the air at a low speed.

"So, how is the landscape."

"Beautiful beaches and endless blue? I live in a city where I see those every day. They must do more to impress me, but talking of that school. Pelo Amor de Deus (For god's sake,) I have never seen anything this magnificent. And believe me, LUZ spends lots of money on buildings."

I am glad he is enjoying the view.

"Well, I must say I saw complexes bigger than this school, but even I am charmed by it. Now, if you allow me, I race to win. Bye!"

I made a hard landing but quickly recovered and returned to running, but after a short time, I saw Steinar. This kid has a lot of strength and a bear's body (not actually, but he is huge), and it appears that mighty trees are not enough to stop that kid.

He is just running towards the school, crushing anything that stays in his way.

I won't bother talking with him right now, and let's focus more on reaching the main gate before Olie does.

"And I arrived." I jumped out of the forest, then landed right in front of the main gate, where Olie was already waiting.

"And your wallet too, hopefully." She was pretty fast as I expected.

But it wasn't only her waiting there. The whole crew reached after a short waiting.

Thanks to my presence, they all knew where to wait, but seeing others sure confused them. No one was talking. I wonder the reason.

"So, Leon, what do we do now? Are you going to make us introduce each other?" It was Olie who broke the silence by talking.

"Well, then let me go first, little girl." Steinar was first to introduce himself. He approached Olie and grabbed her from the shoulders. "My name is Steinar, and I was promised people at least as strong as Leonhard to fight against, but sadly I cannot see anyone." He glanced over the rest of the group.

"Don't try your luck too much." Steinar's arrogance angered my sister.

"Or what? What will you-

In a blink of an eye, one of Olie launched a tentacle forward. The spear-like limb pierced Steinars chest and came out from his back, but it wasn't enough for Olie. She threw him into the air using the tentacle and slammed him to the ground.

Everyone and the students nearby were shocked by the sudden attack, even me, except Olie and Steinar.

"Oh, come one, don't act like you guys are the only ones doing research. I know this guy will not die from that." Olie recalled her tentacle.

And Steinar began laughing. "Now, I can properly introduce myself, as I am satisfied with your strength. My name is Steinar, and I am a member of Childen Of Valhalla. Nice to meet you, Valkyrie."

Olie grabbed Steinar's hand and began shaking. "And my name is Olie. Nice to meet you too, Berserker. I hope you won't talk like that again."

Steinar was still laughing. "You bet I won't if others have half of what you got. Now, you others, come here and show me what you got." Steinar opened his arms with a cheerful war cry. Our group began melting the ice.

0