V1ーExChapter 9
2.8k 12 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Specter, a parasite creature that is invasive to humans. More accurately, a human with esper power. Once specters infect humans, the human life force would be a drain at a fast rate. Eventually, die with old appearance. There is no way to remove this specter from humans. Specter doesn't have a physical form and only exists as type as spirit hence the name specter was given. But there is a way to prevent someone infected from the specter. But even so, is not a hundred percent reliable. And when someone gets infected, is all over. But there's still hope for survival, by stealing the life force of others esper. Those create the term a force stealer, or human parasite.

A person who gets infected by a specter has a similarity no matter what. Their eye will turn violet in color and can differentiate between an ordinary person and an esper. Aneira, a high school girl who attends Tsukuru special academy for esper happens to get infected by a specter. One thing to add when you get infected by a specter, you can see the specter.

"What is this... what is this!!" Said Aneira when she sees a white blub hovering around her.

Suddenly, Aneira realizes something. She quickly runs to the nearest mirror. When she sees her eye become dark violet, she drops into her knee and tears start flowing.

"No way... this is not real... please tell me this is just a dream!!." Said Aneira frantically.

'Unfortunately, this is real'

She hears a disturbingly cute voice telling her the truth.

"No... no!! This must be a dream."

'You really didn't accept your reality huh... why are you so frantically screaming?'

"I don't want to die!!.... I don't want to die!!..."

'Hahaha... silly human, you will not die of course.'

"I will not die?... but... but... you are a specter aren't you."

'Certainly, I am... but worry not. You will not die, I will not consume your life force.'

"Re... really?"

'yes... as long as you provide me by stealing other life force of course.'

At this point Aneira realizes it.

"You want me to become a force stealer?... but if I do that, doesn't that make me a murderer?. I don't want to be a murderer!"

'Argh!!... Noisy... is either your life or other. Sacrifice has to be made young lady.'

"But... I don't want to..."

'Fine... if that is your choice, then I have to suck all your life force and find another victim'

"Wai...wait..wait! Please don't!!" Said Aneira while screaming frantically.

'Then steal other life force for me.'

In the end, Aneira left with no choice. If she didn't agree she will die immediately. So, she goes out of her home and searches for a victim.

'Don't take life force from an ordinary human. They did not taste great. Find an esper.'

Aneira just nodded hearing that disturbingly cute voice. So, Aneira decided to hop into a busy train and find her first victim. On the train, there are a bunch of ordinary people in there. Barely any esper insight. That's probably because today is Sunday. The majority of esper belong to esper association. Only a handful did not belong to the association like Aneira.

"This is going to take a while." Aneira thought to herself.

But then, she sees her. A short-haired girl wearing a hooded jacket and a black skirt. In Aneira's eye, who currently could differentiate an ordinary person and an esper, she could see something huge leaking from that girl's body.

'Yes... yes. Her... take her life force!!.'

Aneira swallows her own saliva and nervously approaches the girl. Slowly as she got closer, she move her hand toward the girl trying to touch her. When she touched the girl, a mere moment later. Her arm was caught and the girl look behind with a glaring eye. Aneira was scared for life seeing that eye.

"what are you doing..." She asks Aneira.

'just feign ignorance and keep sucking her life force'

"What are you doing!... why are you touching my hand!." Said Aneira trying to pretend to be mad.

"I see, you don't know what your mistake is?..."  Said the girl.

"What... what do you mean?... I... I don't understand!."  Said Aneira while nervously trembling.

"Did she know?" thought Aneira.

'That's impossible there is no way... hmmm what is this... no... NO!!'

Aneira suddenly feels an undescribable pain in the hand that girl grabbed. So painfully that she really want to scream out loud but hold it. Her vision became blurry because of tears. When the pain was gone, she hear the girl saying.

"Do it again... and those arms of your will not be connected to your body anymore."

After that, the train door opened. Aneira didn't think twice and run out of the train, away from the girl. When she thinks is already far enough, she stops and takes a breath. Then she notices something. The white blub that hovers around her disappear. Her eye wide open when she realize what happen.

82