3.29 – Kill The Rat For Her – Downfall of Humanity
411 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...Grandma..." Ziek's gaze lingered on the departing cars.

"Hm?" Bing Shi followed his line of sight.

"I had everything under control," he taunted, "Your assistance wasn't necessary."

Bing Shi raised a skeptical eyebrow but chose to remain silent.

While Yi Zen's group was amassing resources, Bing Shi and Ziek were focused on assembling a community.

At the mere mention of Bing Shi's name, those who weren't on the list agreed to visit Bing Shi's location and volunteered themselves. Those who possessed sufficient strength were picked by the troops to help with the looting in the factories.

It was better for her to protect the resources than let others fight for them, especially against new citizens that would appear in the future. Most citizens weren't stupid; without a leader, it would be complete chaos.

Some pictures leaked to the internet, images of zombies following a drone, soldiers stockpiling, and mainly photos of Kuro and Bing Shi.

While the morals were still high, Bing Shi managed to establish a base sprawling in size, akin to an entire city.

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · · 

Three days after the apocalypse...

Bing Shi's military base didn't waste time in luring another batch of zombies from another town.

Reacting to the dense smoke from the zombies on fire, the military personnel had no choice but to temporarily shift their operations to the city. This move left only a handful of lookouts and a huge snake at the base.

The moment cell towers and electricity shut down, everyone tried to get hold of a registered satellite phone, which provided internet at the same time.

Outside the sports stadium, two thousand people were amassed to prepare a barbeque, and the amount kept on growing. Citizens on their cars and bikes appeared with fruits and another batch of fresh meat. Some even brought their kids.

Most female citizens volunteered to help with cooking. Others helped to dry the meat for beef and pork jerky. Taking hold of meat, bread, and vegetables, everyone decided to finish everything before it expired.

From afar, they could see a massive plume of fiery smoke, likely originating from the military base. This sight stirred a blend of fear and gratitude within them. For a short while, they tried to forget about the apocalypse and live for a single moment.

Without restraints, single men started to hook up with single women. Opportunistic soldiers seized the moment when women were most open and vulnerable. Survival instincts surged, benefiting soldiers who had the most resources – abundant connections, weapons, and food.

And at the center of it all, Yi Zen and Fu Lian commanded the spotlight. Of course, Fu Lian's arrival was expected; it would have been a shock if she hadn't come. With her icy presence and distant demeanor, she stood beside the stoic, yet strikingly handsome General Yi Zen.

Feeling out of place amidst the festive atmosphere, Bing Shi called for Kuro to escort her back to the base. After taking a shower, she retired to her tent to take a nap. Today she did nothing besides chatting with some people. With her identity, she was free to do as she pleased and no one dared to question her.

As for Ren Han, anytime he flashed a smile at a girl or even a kid, they'd sprint away in tears. With a sly grin, he surveyed the scene, balancing a plate of aromatic stew.

Sidling up to Yi Zen, he quipped, "You've landed a good catch." Then, he turned his attention to Fu Lian, sending her a mischievous grin, "Quite the looker, I must say."

A glint of murderous intent flickered across Fu Lian's eyes. Swift as a striking snake, she unsheathed her katana, pointing it right at Ren Han's face, causing everyone to freeze. "Mind your filthy mouth," she admonished with an icy edge.

Ziek dunked a piece of bread into his soup, completely unfazed, "Nobody is talking to you." Taking a bite, he added nonchalantly, "Isn't that right, General?"

Yi Zen's lips curved into a gentle smile as he slid his arm around Fu Lian's waist, "Don't provoke her. She is not Bing Shi."

Fu Lian's brow furrowed, and she quickly shrugged off Yi Zen's arm, striding purposefully toward her armored vehicle.

Panicked, Yi Zen hurried after her, his words almost a babble, "Hey there, little kitten, what's the hurry?"

Fu Lian's gaze remained frosty as she shot him a cold look, swiftly shutting the door and driving away, leaving Yi Zen standing there, flustered and bemused.

Ren Han observed the unfolding spectacle with a twinkle in his eye,  "You...schizophrenic?"  As he savored his meal, Yi Zen appeared at his side.

Yi Zen's demeanor reverted to his trademark frostiness. "Far more complicated," he replied dryly, his gaze scanning the surroundings. "Where is she?"

"Grandma?"

"En."

"Sleeping," Ren Han finished off his soup, his smile taking on a mischievous edge, "Let's wake her up."

Yi Zen went to his vehicle to drive toward the base, his tone dismissive. "Let her rest."

Ren Han chuckled as he trailed after Yi Zen, "You're definitely no fun, General."

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · · 

Even if Bing Shi wanted to sleep, she couldn't.

'Aish, I should have become an antihero.'

She was thinking about this huge problem. In four days, people would develop their superpowers, and she wondered how many would die during the ordeal (since so many survived the first wave).

Slipping on her headphones, she reclined on her airbed and began to absentmindedly hum along to the song.

'Carry the weight on my shoulders ♪♫'

'I'm your savior, I'm your hero ♪♫'

'Bring you up, when you feel low ♪♫'

"...Grandmaaa...Grandmaaa...Grandmaaa...Grandmaaa..."

Ziek knocked on the sign which showed:

|Relaxing. Disturb only during emergencies.|

knock

knock

knock

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

knock

knock

knock

Feeling a sense of impending danger, ZIek's hand shot towards his firearm. With precision, he aimed it toward the source of the nearly inaudible footsteps. Swiftly pivoting to face the oncoming presence, he maintained his rhythmic knocking on the blackboard mounted by Bing Shi's entrance.

In the midst of this, Yi Zen received a message from his sister, indicating something about a noise-making rat near her tent, "..."

Simultaneously, they both eased their weapons.

death silence

A not-so-oblivious Ziek gave Yi Zen an innocent smile. Due to the scars on his jaw and lips, it had the opposite effect, "Are you here to wake grandma up?"

"No," Yi Zen looked at this 'pretend to be innocent' man, "I was called to finish you off for taking away my sister's beauty sleep."

"..."

Ah, the discomfort. The embarrassment reached even Yi Zen.

"..."

The way she solved her predicament.

They couldn't even be angry at her.

Do you like Bing Shi's skin color?
  • No. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Author, give us some snu snu! Votes: 12 50.0%
  • It looks yum! Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I don't know. I'm used to jade white skin. Votes: 3 12.5%
Total voters: 24
12