3.56 – Someone, Please, Make Him Disappear – Downfall of Humanity
207 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so, after their leaders were tended to by the healers, the rest of the group decided to move away from the scene, choosing to enjoy themselves at a distance. With capable healers on hand, what was there to fear?

Ziek, catching his breath, observed the departing crowd with a quirked eyebrow before turning his attention to Yi Zen. "You lost," he remarked, a smug grin on his face.

Prior to Fu Lian's arrival, they had made a wager on Bing Shi's actions. Yi Zen had bet that she would send Kuro in her place, while Ziek bet that she would come herself, accompanied by Kuro.

"En, you too," Yi Zen concurred, wiping a smear of blood from the corner of his mouth—a reminder of an injury sustained while protecting Fu Lian.

"Me losing?" Ziek's eyebrow arched in an amused manner, his lips curving upwards as his gaze shifted to the woman standing behind Yi Zen, "Fu Lian, I'm starting to love you more and more."

Fu Lian's expression contorted in disdain, "Why don't you drop dead, you disgusting pig?"

"Ah, lovely as always,"  Ziek shot her an exaggerated flying kiss with a middle finger before departing with glee, flying back towards the empty base. 

Yi Zen's expression turned dark. It happened again. What was this man after? "Do you think he came back because of you?" 

"Does it matter?" Fu Lian frowned, "Why did you not kill him?" Was this how he was supposed to show his love to her?

Yi Zen walked back to his chair and grabbed the bottle of wine, taking a gulp, he asked, "Why should I kill him?" He took off his top drenched in alcohol, saying, "Besides praising my 'girlfriend,' what else did he do?"

Yi Zen couldn't follow after Ren Han without thinking, or else, he'd fall for his traps again. Well, there shouldn't be much energy left in Ren Han; he still had to pass through Kuro.

"..." Fu Lian tried not to ogle at Yi Zen's perfect body, "Aren't you afraid that he'll steal me from you?" She covered her mouth in shame, almost forgetting that they broke up a few hours ago! When she heard that Yi Zen got injured because of her, she rushed here without thinking.

Yi Zen sat in the comfort of his chair, sipping on the wine, he stared at the flickering fire before him and chuckled, "Not afraid."

"Don't be too confident just because you are handsome!" Fu Lian walked back to the base in irritation, 'Just you wait, I'll make you regret those words! But where am I going to find a better man than Yi Zen?!? If only that disgusting pig was more handsome!'

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

"What's on your mind?" Bing Shi approached Yi Zen, holding Kuro in her hands, "No, let me guess. You're thinking how you are getting out of the smoke, right?"

"Shouldn't you be at the base?" Yi Zen asked, puzzled by her presence that came from a different direction. His mind wandered to Bing Shi appearing with Kuro and his bet with Ren Han. "..." Was he about to lose another bet?

"After Qua Tao took me to the new spot, I waited for everyone to disappear," Bing Shi replied, placing Kuro on her shoulder and extending her hands towards the fire to warm them. Turning her head, she unintentionally caught a glimpse of Yi Zen's bare chest. "Are you drunk? Why are you flexing your chest?"

"..." He looked at her with a deadpan expression, "If it bothers you, stop staring at it." Who was flexing his chest? His shirt was drenched from the alcohol spill. Why did she manage to make everything sound so awkward? "I heard you burned your hoodie."

'That brat!'

Well, she didn't tell him it was supposed to be a secret. "Um, yes," Bing Shi coughed awkwardly. "I was just in a bad mood. Couldn't blame you, so I took it out on that poor hoodie."

Yi Zen didn't buy her nonsense. Retrieving his phone, he displayed the file for her to see. "He claimed you were describing me. Is that true?"

'That braaaaat!'

"Don't believe everything he says. I wasn't specifically describing you," Bing Shi clarified, her tone sincere. "It's more like the majority of the male population."

Her explanation seemed plausible, so Yi Zen nodded in acknowledgment. "Send Kuro away before I lose my bet."

Bing Shi held Kuro in her arms, staring at Yi Zen in disbelief. "Is that what you're concerned about?"

"En," Yi Zen affirmed with a smile.

Without hesitation, Bing Shi extended her hand. "Then give me the bet money."

Yi Zen handed her a Level 6 nucleus. Losing to his sister was a far better outcome than losing to Ren Han.

Tucking the blue crystal into her pouch with a satisfied smile, Bing Shi sent Kuro back to the base. "Next time you make a bet, count me in," she giggled, her previous bad mood completely lifted. "I'm actually quite good with bets."

Yi Zen anticipated some argument, but her response was unexpected. "You're cheaper than I thought."

"That's a sure thing," said Bing Shi smugly, "I'm the cheapest." Since Kuro was no longer around, she took off her backpack and addressed Yi Zen, "Hey, Yi Zen, I forgot to bring a chair."

Yi Zen, unyielding, remained seated. "Then sit on the ground."  He noticed an empty seat beside him that Ren Han had vacated. She had just taken a Level 6 nucleus from him—what more did she want?

"Can't you see my cute puppy eyes?" Bing Shi blinked her eyes through the gas mask, "I really want to sit on your chair, please."

Despite her poor efforts, Yi Zen wasn't swayed, "No."

"Not even if I tilt my head?" Bing Shi tilted her head adorably, trying out her persuasive skills.

"Not even if you tilt your head," Yi Zen's eyes showed a little warmth. He disliked spoiled women who thought that they'd get everything by acting cute. To taunt him, his little sister decided to become that type of woman. An exact opposite of the independent Fu Lian. "I see no improvements in your acting," he said.

Seeing her attempt at cuteness fail, Bing Shi sighed, "That's because I have a bad teacher," she crouched before the fire and noticed a new addition, "Oh, grandson and...miss Fu Lian." She waved at Ren Han and Fu Lian that he was carrying on his shoulder.

The locked Fu Lian elbowed Ren Han's back as she imagined herself kicking his family jewels, "Put me down, you bastard!"

Ziek paid her no mind, seemingly indifferent to her protests. He dropped Fu Lian into Yi Zen's lap instead, taking a seat next to the chair with a sulky expression. Resting his chin on his hand, he complained, "Man, she tried to heal my scars with her magical water to make you jealous..."

Yi Zen sent Fu Lian a questioning look. "Is this how you want to take your revenge on me?" he whispered and bit her ear, "How childish."

The embarrassed Fu Lian scurried back to her own space. Weren't those two men just fighting over her a moment ago? Didn't Ren Han declare his affection for her? Why was he now acting this way? She felt like a helpless lamb surrounded by a pack of wolves!

Glancing at the unconscious Yi Zen beneath her, Fu Lian's expression froze. "..." She had momentarily forgotten that she was still seated on his lap! Panicking, she quickly pushed the sleeping man out of her space.

8