3.58 – What If He Acted Like Him? – Downfall of Humanity
314 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"..." Ziek's eyes widened in disbelief. "That can't be you."

Bing Shi burst into laughter, clutching her stomach. "Yes, it's me."

"How?" Ziek's confusion was evident.

"My mother taught me to never waste food," Bing Shi explained, tucking her phone away.

"Your mother totally brainwashed you," Ziek observed, eyeing her phone like a hawk watching its prey.

"At least she fed me well. Can't say the same for someone else's mother," Bing Shi giggled, blocking his attempt to snatch her phone, "That's my phone."

"True," Ziek chuckled. "I want that picture, and the others too... please."

"Are you planning some naughty things with them? No," Bing Shi declined with a playful smile. "How about I adopt you, Grandson?"

"Oh, fuck no."

"Mind your language, young man," Bing Shi scolded, crossing her arms and adopting a stern tone.

"Oh, fuck no, please," Ziek shot back, his tone laced with playful defiance.

"Bwahaha," Bing Shi's stern demeanor crumbled, replaced by genuine amusement.  "Oh my goodness." She burst out with laughter, "My mouth hurts so much."

"One Level 4 nucleus for making you laugh," Ziek chuckled, entertained by her reaction.  Just a little shark, and look at just how happy she was, laughing at every silly thing he said.

"Noooo, I have no money," Bing Shi ran away, "Bye-bye. It was nice to meet you ♪♫."

"Hey, what about your big brother?" Ziek chased after her.

Bing Shi stopped and turned towards Ziek, "Can I sell him?"

"...Pfft...," Ziek burst into laughter, glancing at the levitating Yi Zen beside him. "Should I wake up this siscon and tell on you?"

"Go ahead, he is used to it," Bing Shi shrugged nonchalantly. "When will he wake up?"

"He extended a lot of energy during our sparing. Half an hour, maybe?" Ziek estimated.

"You're quite the troll. I can't believe you injected him right before dropping Fu Lian on him," Bing Shi chuckled.

"I learned from you," Ziek grinned.

Bing Shi took out her phone, "Did you know that if you love someone too much, you'll wish for their happiness? What if one day, you'll give up your place for my boyfriend?"

"Why are you sharing your plan with me?" Ziek quirked an eyebrow. "Are you really that fond of the hard mode?"

"Who knows?" Bing Shi replied with a blank expression, "I need to find out as much information as possible. Aren't you curious too? For example, why is my boyfriend's lifetime haunting your dreams? Why not memories from other lifetimes? Give me your phone."

"To hell with all my lifetimes," Ziek handed her his phone. "Do you know how to get a system like Kuro? I'd like one."

"You are a lost cause," Bing Shi conceded with a shake of her head. "I don't know. I asked about you, but the HQ is too stinky to answer my questions." She sent him a few pictures, "Do you think those photos would trigger your memories even more?" She gave him back the phone.

Ziek accepted the phone, studying the images intently. "Probably. They're different from the memories I got from the original Ren Han. These are messing me up more than I'd like."

"Did you start liking me due to those memories?" Bing Shi inquired.

"No, you didn't appear in them. That bastard must be keeping you hidden from me," Ziek scoffed. "Screw him. I'm tired of staring at those fucking stocks all day."

"..." Bing Shi was at a loss for words. If anyone overheard their conversation, they'd assume she and Ziek were entangled in some bizarre love triangle.  While in truth, it was just Ziek struggling with his past life. "I can't imagine what I would do if this happened to me. Was this half a year hard on you?" she asked gently.

Ziek blinked a few times, looking upward. With a tremor in his voice, he replied, "My whole life has been damn tough."

Bing Shi cast her gaze downward. "See, if you were to pick a nice girl, she'd reach out and hold your hand in sympathy right now. Why make it difficult for yourself? You both are so stubborn, like complete masochists."

"You're worth every ounce of pain that comes with being with you," Ziek said as they reached the entrance to the base, "I know what I got myself into...It's better to be alone than to be lost."

Bing Shi's heart clenched painfully at his words, "Don't say things like that," she whispered, her voice a fragile plea, her heartache palpable in the air between them, "I just... I don't want you to hurt," she choked out, her voice breaking as she tried to convey the intensity of her feelings, "I don want to see any part of him in pain."

"You're beginning to sound like you actually care about me," Ziek's gaze softened as he looked at her, "What if I was lying? What if I was given your boyfriend's memories just to pacify his girlfriend?"

Bing Shi's breath caught in her throat, her heart pounding heavily, "Whether those memories belong to your past life or not, there is now a part of him inside of you."

They walked inside Yi Zen's tent, placed him on the bed, and left.

When they finally stood before her tent, Ziek halted her from going inside, his voice tinged with a mixture of confusion, "Would you love me if I acted like him?"

"Of course not," said Bing Shi without any hesitation, "You are already acting like him, but can you feel what he does?" Her words carried a touch of gentle admonishment, a subtle reminder that imitation wasn't what truly captured her heart.

"..." What was he thinking when he asked that question? Was he that desperate? Wouldn't usually people in those novels accept their soulmates in every lifetime? Wasn't his situation similar?

But what else could he do? Wait for another Bing Shi to fall from the sky again? Lust? Women were here only to be fūcked? Who was he kidding?! He kept falling in love all over the place!

And worst of all? A taken one! With her, it was so easy to be himself, to be happy, to feel found. He even learned how to enjoy small things in life, like making her giggle with his skills! It felt even better than winning a jackpot! How would he get out of this never-ending cycle?!

In the end, he had two choices, to live and get hurt or to be a walking corpse. He decided to live and get hurt first and become a walking corpse later. He didn't know how to live better. That's how shitty his life was.

Bing Shi looked at the young man standing before her. He was stronger now than the Xuan Mu she had known, willing to face the challenges head-on.

"Do you want to hug Kuro?" she offered gently, trying to provide a small comfort, "It might help you."

She disappeared into her tent and reappeared with Kuro in her arms, "Here."

"What the...No." Ziek's mouth twitched as she shoved a white snake into his arms.

9