3.75 – Little Shrimp – Downfall of Humanity
149 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One eternity later...

"Good job," Bing Shi clapped her hand, excitedly, "Uff... Why do I feel more exhausted than you?" She strolled over to her backpack, fetched her water bottle, and took a few refreshing sips.

"..." Ziek wanted to jump out of the window. His mind swirled with an unidentifiable mix of elation, awkwardness, and regret. Did he seriously just put on a one-man show for her?!

Could someone tell him what the heck was Bing Shi doing with his past life?!? She was so chill about everything like a penguin on an iceberg! She treated the whole bizarre thing he did before her like it was just another casual Tuesday.

"Thirsty?" Bing Shi offered him a cup of water.

Taking the cup, Ziek gulped down its contents as if he were parched, not just for water but for clarity.

Bing Shi grinned at Ziek, "You're quite the fan of edging, aren't you?" 

Choosing to sidestep her question, Ziek zipped up his pants and tidied up the used tissues, "Can I visit you again?" The experience had been a vortex of emotions, but undeniably among the most intense he had ever had.

"Hm..." Bing Shi pondered for a moment, her gaze drifting away as she weighed her answer, "You can, but don't expect me to watch. I have other things to do."

(Edging = delaying climax in order to prolong sexual excitement and build up to a more intense orgasm.)

Later that night, Bing Shi packed her essentials and made her way onto Ziek's ship.

'I hope she will be all alright,' Bing Shi mused, her eyes fixed on the landscape below as the ship gained altitude. 

She'd left behind an entire army to protect Fu Lian, a woman who had grown so extraordinarily strong that Bing Shi found it hard to imagine how anything could harm her. Yet, life was a web of complexities, and strength wasn't always a shield against fate.

To ensure that Fu Lian was in top condition, not only physically but also mentally, Bing Shi had no choice but to leave, taking Fu Qin along with her.

Similar to Ziek's routine visits to her base, Bing Shi periodically returned to supervise construction meetings and evaluate the situation between Yi Zen and Fu Lian. 

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Every so often, Ziek would find himself at Bing Shi's doorsteps, compelled to knock. 

Knock

Knock

Knock

The door swung open, revealing Bing Shi's gas mask as it peeked through the narrow gap. "I should start charging you for my services," she said, stepping back to admit him.

Ziek walked in and settled into a plush armchair, making himself at home. "What type of services are you talking about? I can't even lay a finger on you," he said, presenting her with a lunchbox filled with an assortment of fruits and sweet potatoes.

"Aw, thank you ♪♫." Bing Shi expressed her gratitude, placing the food on her desk. She removed her gas mask and began to eat, her eyes twinkling with curiosity. "I've been thinking about establishing a school for children with superpowers. How does 'Black Ice Academy' sound to you?"

"Aren't you getting ahead of yourself?" Ziek responded as he unpacked his own meal, preparing to dine with her, "Sounds nice."

Bing Shi's gaze drifted to her food, a soft smile gracing her lips. "This world is fragile, hanging by a thread. What if a crazy person appears? One capable of obliterating everything in mere seconds?"

She lifted her head, tears tracing a path down her cheeks. "I can't bear to witness the destruction of this world."

"Hey, hey..." Ziek was taken aback by her tears. He instinctively rose from his seat, a desire to comfort her welling up inside. However, she recoiled as he neared, "It won't be destroyed."

Bing Shi wiped her eyes, her voice quivering. "But why does the thought of its survival seem impossible? Humanity isn't prepared. The people's abilities are too powerful, too dangerous."

"Don't fret. Many stand with you," Ziek's fist clenched as he leaned back into his chair, "Even if a psychopath appeared, he wouldn't have a reason to destroy the world that you tried to save with all your strength."

Bing Shi nodded, "True. Most would vie for control."

As Bing Shi resumed her meal in contemplative silence, Ziek observed her. "Didn't you cry just a second ago? Why are you suddenly laughing?"

"Didn't I say I'm sick?" Bing Shi's grin was accompanied by a gesture of wiping her remaining tears, "I have to stay happy all the time, or else, it would become unbearable."

Ziek felt a pang in his core, like the impact of a hammer. "Were you faking your smiles and laughter?"

"No, they are all real," Bing Shi confessed, her fingers dancing over a strawberry. "It's just...I need to feel happy to function normally," she slipped the strawberry into her mouth, savoring its taste, her voice a chilling melody, "So yummy ♪♫."

Ziek shook his head, his smile returning, "Do you like them? The strawberries?"

"Yup."

"I'll bring you more next time."

"Okay ♪♫. These blueberries are quite tasty too."

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

The time for spring's sun arrived. As its warm caress reached the land, the snow surrendered, revealing a carpet of vibrant green.

Standing before the infirmary, Ziek found himself highly entertained by Bing Shi's flustered antics. She kept peeking into the infirmary, her anxiety comically evident. "What's got you so wound up? It's not like she's about to give birth to a devil's child."

"Oh my goodness, what if a devil will reincarnate into her shrimp?" Bing Shi peeked in again, craning her neck to catch the sounds of Fu Lian's cries, muttering, "She sure sounds like that."

Ziek couldn't hold back his laughter. From the moment Bing Shi started referring to Fu Lian and Yi Zen's upcoming arrival as a shrimp, the nickname caught on like wildfire among everyone. "Relax, we've got four medics on standby and a magical water supply that could fill a lake. Everything's under control."

As the first wails of a newborn reached their ears, Bing Shi instinctively clapped her hands over them, shooting a worried look toward the infirmary. When Zi Zen emerged moments later, her expression had transformed into one of relief.

Climbing onto a makeshift stage, Bing Shi theatrically removed her hands from her ears and bellowed down to the soldiers below. "A male shrimp, Xia Zen!"

Woohoo!

A symphony of wild cheers erupted through the baste, the atmosphere shifting to one of excitement. The night unfolded into a merry celebration, welcoming the newest—and undeniably shrimp-sized—member into their ranks.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

[World mission success: Protect Fu Lian for four years. Host can leave the world.]

Even though Bing Shi was revered as the most powerful, that didn't necessarily make her the strongest. The title of the strongest was reserved for none other than...

"What's taking you so long?" Ziek rapped on the hotel bathroom's door impatiently. Both of them had decided to venture into the central city in disguise. When the door finally swung open, his eyes widened to the point of nearly popping out of his sockets. "Holy...Fūck."

He instinctively shut the door, leaning against it as he clutched his racing heart. "Forget about going outside looking like that!"

What had gotten into her? If she stepped out like that, she'd have admirers falling at her feet left and right, "For fūck's sake, take off those fishnet stockings and put on some pants!"

"..." Bing Shi gazed down at her gothic attire—a black dress with an above-the-knee hemline, high neck, and long sleeves. The dress accentuated her perfectly proportioned figure, hugging her delicate waist and modest chest.

Her gaze then dropped to her fishnet stockings and the tall, black punk boots. "Nope. I love this look too much!"

"Then... at least tone down your makeup!"

"..." Bing Shi turned to face the bathroom mirror, meeting the gaze of the girl with long hair and straight bangs. The concept of a "natural look" was discarded into a trashbin in exchange for an all-out transformation.

She had applied a bold line of deep black eyeliner above her eyes, making them appear even more luminous than usual. Several coats of mascara lent her lashes an arresting flutter. Rosy-pink eyeshadow adorned her lower lids, harmonizing with the color of her lips.  "No way. I've put in too much effort for this!"

Ziek gripped the bathroom door handle tightly, "Bing Shi, I'm being fucking serious!"

"Noooo!" Bing Shi pounded on the door, her urgency palpable. "Open the door!"

5