2.49 – Their Fortress – Mr. and Mrs. Jelly
857 12 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Dymens

╚═════════════════╝

— Somewhere in the Dimensional Abyss Headquarters.

A middle-aged assistant in a white robe beamed through the pillared entrance, appearing in an office of an old and stoic man, "Chief! An emergency alert!" 

The robed man sat behind an enormous desk, his fingers steepled in front of him as he looked over at the assistant, "What is it this time?"

The assistant fidgeted before answering, "A broken soul was fixed!"

The chief sat up a little straighter at this, with his interest piqued, "How?" A broken soul here and a fixed soul there was nothing unusual, what was important was the type of trigger that forced them to switch the 'status'.

"I don't know, Chief. But the results are in and they're impressive."

  "Show me," the chief said.

The assistant pulled up the report on the screen, "See, the energy readings are off the charts. The soul is now stable."

"That's good," the chief said, "It's normal for souls to break… maybe it was a soulmate who fixed it."

"No! Its recovery has no connection with a soulmate!"

"What?! How is that possible?" The old man leaned back in his chair and rubbed his temples. This was not what he wanted to hear, "Did it fix itself...or…was it another soul? Tell me more about its past."

The assistant proceeded to give the chief a short insight, "Lust for power is a dangerous thing. This was the case for this unique soul too. In its first lifetime, it was obsessed with gaining power; it wanted to control the world and the people in it. This included its lover…"

"...Despite meeting their soulmate, their love life didn't have a good ending. No matter how many times it came back in its next lifetime to redeem itself, it no longer sought power or its unique soulmate. It would kill itself whenever it reached a certain age, ending up as an empty shell of its former self."

"A unique soul's resistance is immeasurable, it rarely breaks, but when it does..." the chief's hand went through his long beard in contemplation, "Find out how it got fixed."

"But the dimension law is preventing us from checking the current soul's life..."

"We will have to wait until its life flashes before its eyes." Meaning, right before death. 

The light in the room slowly began to die out as the chief's voice trailed off, and the assistant slowly exited the room, leaving the chief alone with his thoughts.

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

— Somewhere on Earth a few years ago. 

During one of their nighttime calls, Bing Shi and Xuan Mu were both very excited to finally be able to purchase their property. They would be able to build their own home and have a place to call their own. 

Bing Shi and Xua Mu had bonded over their shared love of all things sci-fi. So when they started talking about their dream homes, it was only natural that they would share their ideas with each other.

Bing Shi wanted an underground base, complete with all the latest tech and gadgets, but she also wanted a place where she could retreat from the world and be safe from any potential threats. 

Xuan Mu, on the other hand, wanted a helipad and a garage for his 'babies' — his collection of cars.

『Bing Shi:』 Is there anything else you want?

『Xuan Mu:』A shark… Bing Shi, why do we need an underground base under our house?

『Bing Shi:』Because we have money?

『Xuan Mu:』Hm...But our house is so small compared to the base. Why is there only one bedroom? What about a gaming room, a bowling room, a billiard room, or a theater room?

『Bing Shi:』Because cleaning a huge house would take us too much time, and because we don't want any strangers to pass through our doorsteps? The playground will be inside the base, and it will be accessible to our staff too.

『Xuan Mu:』What about a room for a tiny Bing Shi in the future?

『Bing Shi:』 Didn't I say I don't want children even before we started dating? I thought you don't like to share.

『Xuan Mu:』A tiny Bing Shi would be cute... but no tiny Xuan Mu.

『Bing Shi:』You sicko, that's wrong in soooo many ways!!! Don't expect me to give birth ever. No.

『Xuan Mu:』 Bing Shi calm down; I was just joking.

『Bing Shi:』It's a serious matter! Xuan Mu, did you just mention...a shark?

『Xuan Mu:』A shark is a must-have.

『Bing Shi:』 No way!

Tiny on the outside but humongous on the inside— the small villa was surrounded by an enormous wall and had a gate with an intricate relief above it. The entrance to the underground base was through a nondescript door in the middle of the wall, which opened up into a corridor that was at least a hundred meters long. At the end of the corridor was a huge metal door which led into the base.

· · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

— Three months ago.

Imagine how painful it'd be if a girlfriend flinched uncomfortably every time her boyfriend wanted to shower her with skin-to-skin affection. Xuan Mu knew that Bing Shi was not used to it, but it still hurt. 

As days went by, his ego dropped bit by bit. Having such a girlfriend was akin to living in heaven and hell.

She would continue to be a happy-go-lucky girl after their training, making him even more frustrated. Resulting in him hurting her verbally; he'd start to accuse her, that she didn't love him, putting lots of pressure on her to meet up his expectations.

Both of them would end up in a sour mood; that's when Bing Shi's magic would come into the scene. She would never allow them to go to sleep in a bad mood. She admired his patience and self-control. His words would often hurt, but he never tried to degrade her. 

Xuan Mu's frustration lessened whenever he found her looking at him with a smile that seemed to light up her whole face as if saying she wouldn't be leaving any time soon. He bowed before her empathy in worship. 

After work, in a good mood, they would continue their training in the evenings, during cooking, movies, and so on. Both of them agreed that her animal pajamas were impractical and changed them into his black T-shirts for a time being.

Whenever Xuan Mu made some progress, he would feel like a man at the top of the world. It took him a month of steady touching to make her get used to him.  Many tears were shed in the process, but it only made their bond stronger.

The time he could make her climax could still be counted on...never.

33