3.12 – Becoming Siblings- Downfall of Humanity
631 12 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bing Shi carefully observed the man's scarred upper lip and smaller scars on his chin, which gave him a rough and tough appearance. She hid his unruly finger with her thumb and studied the way he ate the lemon as if it was the tastiest candy in the world, her eyes filled with melancholy.

While browsing through Ren Han's database, Bing Shi made an intriguing discovery. Ren Han, a twenty-nine-year-old man from a prominent family, had chosen to join the SWAT team instead of following his father's footsteps. Unfortunately, his career was cut short by a car accident that left him in a coma for ten months. Coincidentally, this accident happened to occur on the same day that she arrived in this world.

(Bing Shi): Too shy to show your face?

(Ren Han): Asked the shiest one.

He implored how she wore a mask to hide her face.

(Bing Shi): Do you want to continue chatting?

(Ren Han): Fūck, no.

(Bing Shi): Why?

(Ren Han): Not interested in used goods.

He was not interested in girls who were in a relationship.

(Bing Shi): Hypothetically, what if you were my boyfriend who lost his memories?

(Ren Han): I don't do hypotheticals. I deal with reality. And in this fucking reality, I'm not anyone's boyfriend.

(Bing Shi): Fair enough. Just so we're on the same page, I'm not single and not looking to mingle. Sorry if it came off as if I was interested in you in any way. I just want to make it clear that I'm not.

(Ren Han): Just to be clear too, fūck you and your search. You're wasting everyone's time, including mine. So do us all a fucking favor and move on from your fucking boyfriend.

Ren Han threw the phone at his colleague and left the office. He ran his fingers over his face, recalling the days when girls would gather around him, drawn in by his looks alone.

He had momentarily thought that Bing Shi was showing interest in him but quickly brushed off the idea. He was just another person caught up in this pointless search, nothing more.

Bing Shi rubbed her heart in discomfort. The first time she found someone who enjoyed sour food the same way Xuan Mu did. And the most wonderful part was... the rejection.

'I don't mind curses and hate words from the citizens...but this man is another league... Ouch...'

After finishing her breakfast, she sat in front of the computer and typed down the military base address into a tracking software. All nearby cameras around the base appeared on the computer screen.

'I despise this stalking job sooo muuuch.'

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Yi Zen sat behind his desk, his clean uniform crisp against his skin, as he prepared instructions for an upcoming mission. His attention was drawn away by a notification on his phone. 

  Without bothering to check it, he picked up his phone and made his way over to the open window. Standing against the frame, he reached into his inner pocket and produced a packet of cigarettes, lighting one up and taking a drag. As he exhaled, the wind carried the smoke out the window.

He turned his attention back to his phone, knowing that if he wanted to message Bing Shi, he would have to wait until the designated time between 8 AM to 9 AM, or else face an error message.

Meanwhile, Bing Shi observed the handsome man through the front camera, curious about his expression and what thoughts may be going through his mind.

'What's wrong with this man, does he have facial paralysis?'

'Was the lovestruck fool I saw during the world story only an illusion?'

(Bing Shi): Did you say bye-bye to your family? Are you going to spend the last two months with them? How unlucky to be hit by the bloody rain. But there are some positives too, at least you know which of your men won't turn into zombies.👽

Yi Zen felt a tad skeptical.

(Yi Zen): Too busy to visit them.

(Bing Shi: Of course, Mr. No-Feelings. When are you going to upgrade to Mr.Yes-feelings?👽

(Yi Zen): Don't wait for the impossible.

(Bing Shi): Come on. Everyone is so bad to me today. At least a little bit of emotion for this poor me.

(Yi Zen): You deserved it.

'Don't think you are the only one who can provide me with protection. Now, tell me, are you worth my extra time? Of course, you are. I want my EP.'

(Bing Shi): Nooo, I'm in dire need of positive energy. I need to replenish it. Yi Zen, how about you ask your men to record themselves eating durian? But as a good person, having you eating it is enough. One for all or all for one?👽

(Yi Zen): None.

(Bing Shi): Others in my place, would strip you out of clothes, shove you into a pool of mashed stinky durians, and take a picture of you.👽

Going along with her gags, he didn't flare-up.

(Yi Zen): Isn't it what you would do?

(Bing Shi): I'm a nice person. I only imagined it in my head. 👽

Was she trying to anger him? Make him smile? Yi Zen had no idea. One thing he was sure of was that she was making fun of him. Inhaling the tobacco, he typed on the phone.

(Yi Zen): Had enough fun?

(Bing Shi): Yes, it's time for my disappearance. 👽

(Yi Zen): Where are you going?

(Bing Shi): Shopping.

(Bing Shi): But I have no money.(´༎ຶД༎ຶ`) Yi Zen, give me some cash, please.

He sent a ruthless...

(Yi Zen): No.

(Bing Shi): Of all types of big brothers, did you have to choose the cold one? I'll be gone for two months. Don't miss me. Bye Bye. 👽

Bing Shi watched how Yi Zen placed the phone in his hand on the window frame and continued to smoke expressionlessly.

'He knows that I'm watching him, doesn't he? Well, that's the disadvantage of being seen as a hacker.'

  · · ────────── · ⊱❈⊰· ────────── · ·

Kuro, who had just returned from a trip, sprawled lazily on the couch as Bing Shi greeted him. Its tail wagged in response.

[Host, I'm back. How is it going with the male lead?]

["I have no idea how to gain his trust, nor does he know how to gain mine."]

Bing Shi sighed and leaned back in her chair.

["We decided to force it... by becoming siblings."]

'I came up with the idea, and he had to oblige without a choice... hehe...'

[Siblings? Doesn't it usually start with a friendship or a business partnership?]

["Siblings, no matter what, are always going to be siblings. You can't say that about friends."]

After a moment of contemplation, she continued.

["I'm attempting to change his mindset into that of an elder brother; anything more is considered incest. One of the quests is to make Yi Zen fall in love. What about the love between siblings?"]

Tip N. 3. What to do If you can't avoid the male lead? Try to be his sister or brother.

[I don't know.]

["This idea struck me when I was thinking about the most efficient way, how to combine all the quests, and voilà, a monkey spoke up... How was your trip?"]

[Fu Lian finished taking revenge on all the people who mistreated her. Thanks to the healing pond, her psychic power and beauty increased. She has no problem fighting a whole gang now.]

Bing Shi let Kuro monitor Fu Lian. In case of an emergency, it could protect her. As for Yi Zen, his instincts were too sharp. Kuro could only hack nearby cameras and his devices.

'Will the female lead be able to withstand Yi Zen's attack now? It appears that no matter how strong she becomes, the male lead will always manage to stay one step ahead of her.'

["They should meet before the apocalypse. Where and when?"]

[A week before the apocalypse, near the borders with country A.]

23