Two
109 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm home."

Sol said without energy and went inside his apartment. Although no one will reply, it was something he was used to doing when he was still at his parent's house. He put the take-home food into the kitchen counter and prepared to eat. He opened his computer and played his favorite game. He ate while he played until it was time to sleep.

Sol turned in his sleep. However, the feeling of the soft and comfortable mattress disappeared. He was lying on something icy cold which made his body shudder. He tried to reach out for his blanket but there was none. He opened his eyes wide and started looking around his surroundings.

Everything was unfamiliar.

The inky black, stone cold floor which looked like marble on the surface.

The walls were covered in the same materials. However, there were blobs of white light like gems inserted on the walls. He looked at himself; he was still wearing the same white shirt and blue jogging pants before he went to sleep.

He stood up as his bottom was feeling quite cold. He felt the cold seep into the soles of his feet. The room was fairly large compared to his apartment. All sides were the same aside from one part of the room. Rows and rows of weapons and armors were arranged. Swords, daggers, shields, bows, clubs. Some were familiar while others, it was the first time he had seen them. He walked closer to the array of weapons and armors. Each step he takes, the gem-like blobs illuminates the way with a stronger light as though it was leading the way.

"I should probably lessen my time playing games. Even in my dreams, I'm dreaming of being inside a game world."

He picked up a shield and a short sword after which the other weapons disappeared.

"Huh, I can't pick them up? Once I do others will disappear? I guess I can't make the same mistake while picking out armor."

Sol looked at the assortment of armors from light to heavy, from leather to metal. He looked at each item one by one but he still could not figure out the difference as there was no item description.

"If I pick the metal armor, then all of my body will be safely covered but will I be able to move since it looks heavy? Maybe I should choose the leather armor. There's no point in picking a full metal armor if I won't be able to move in it. But whatever, this is nothing but a dream so I don't have to think too much about it."

Sol touched the leather armor. It was colored black, the leather felt smooth to the touch and the inside was covered in a soft material that was warm to the touch. As he picked up the leather armor, the other armors quickly disappeared. Sol put on the item on his body. It was a complete set which covered him from head to toe.

"This is definitely harder to get into than I thought. Shouldn't my brain automatically make this be put on my body since this is nothing but I dream? Though, Kudos for myself for making everything so realistic. Haha."

Once he was finished and put on the leather helmet, a table appeared with something like a simple messenger bag. He picked up the bag which has nothing inside and put it on. The table disappeared once again.

'okay, I'm done with preparations, what's next?'

Sol started looking around the room. It was eerily quiet with nothing but his breathing could be heard. In the middle of the room was a circular drawing. Sol looked directly at it, lights started to spread to the circular drawing.

'Is that some kind of magic circle?'

He asked himself while waiting for the light that became brighter and brighter. Sol had to close his eyes due to the blinding white light that surrounded the dim room.

As he opened his eyes, he could not help but make a surprised scream.

*gyaah*

In his currently surprised state, he could not help himself from throwing the thing closest to him on the thing that was slowly approaching him. He could not help himself from screaming because of the thing approaching him. It was something he was afraid of since he was a little kid, and now that it was the size of a small dog, his fear got the better of him.

'ugh, I threw away my sword'

*Ding*

[Throw lv.0 (exp.0.01%)
Use objects as a projectile to attack enemies.]

'I guess there was a silver lining even though I lost my sword. Looking at this thing really give me the creeps'

A long body that was filled with legs. It looks closer to a centipede but it had incisor fangs which made it horribly terrifying.
Sol could only back away slowly due to his fear. He was never one who was fond of things with lots of legs. It was due to a traumatizing experience when he was a kid.

Sol looked at the place where his sword landed and decided to move closer to his sword. The centipede-like monster followed his every move.

0