Three
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The centipede-like monster kept following him like a loyal puppy. Sol could only inch away from his worst nightmare. He started to sweat as they kept having this cat and mouse game, albeit their movements were slow.

"Damn it!"

Sol was starting to get frustrated. Although he knew that this was not reality, there was a big difference when one was to be faced by their fears. There was a big difference when one is facing the computer while clicking on keys, compared to the enemy who is moving right in front of him.

It was the same as killing a living fish in order to cook it. Most people eat fish, but not everyone can easily kill a moving and living creature.
Sol was finally able to reach his sword. He held on the hilt of his sword tightly making sure not to lose it again. He stared at the beady eyes of the centipede-like monster. Its incisors moved while it made *chik chik* noises.

Sol felt the monster was taunting him. The centipede-like monster must have been tired of waiting for Sol to attack.

He ground his teeth, and trying to put strength in his legs, he took one step.

The centipede-like monster lunged towards Sol. As though a prelude to the battle both man and centipede faced off each other.
Sol's face was covered in sweat. He still held tightly the sword in his hand but his hands were sweaty. He held his small shield closer to his body. He felt the shield was secure in his hands which put his mind at ease. He made sure his grip would not loosen, like with what happened with his sword.

The centipede-like monster suddenly attacked Sol.

*clang*

The centipede hit Sol's shield head on. The head of the centipede bashed on the small shield which made it dizzy for a few seconds.

*Ding*

[Shield Bash lv. 0 (exp 1.00%)
Use the shield to attack enemies head-on. Small chance of stunning enemies]
Sol looking at this as his only chance, he raised his short sword towards the centipede-like monster. With one full swing, he stabbed it on the centipede's head.

*keek keek*

*Ding*

[Sword Stab lv. 0 (2.50%)
Use sword to stab enemies.]

The monster's last cries were heard. Its body wriggled a couple of times before it lay still, unmoving.
Sol stood there for a good minute or two with his shield close to his body. After making sure that the centipede was dead. Sol collapsed on the floor. He was breathing heavily and his body felt heavy. However, there was a wide smile on his face.

"Take that you stinking worm. Who's afraid of you now? Ha Ha."

Sol felt refreshed after killing the centipede. He was still staring at the monster when a bright light covered its entire body. Sol covered his eye from the blinding light, when the light disappeared, so did the monster corpse. All was left was a small bead-like gem, its color was cloudy grey.

Sol stood up and examined the gem.

"This must be a monster core. But from the size, it should be considered a bead. Wonder what this is used for?"
He looked around the place thinking something might appear again. He found the magic circle and stared at it while holding the bead in his hands. But nothing happened.

Sol shrugged his shoulders and put the bead in his bag. He felt exhilarated from achieving his first kill. He felt the adrenaline rushing through his body made him feel alive. Compared to his mundane life in the real world, this felt more real and life-like.
Once Sol was able to calm his mind, he thought of the messages that appeared in his head.

"How can I see those messages once more?"

As soon as he said this out loud, a few strings of messages appeared on his sight.

Sol
Level:0 (exp 16.00%)
Race: Human
Age:27
Stats:
Health:30
Mana:0
Strength:2
Vitality:1
Intelligence:3
Dexterity:2
Luck:0
Skills learned:
[Throw lv.0 (exp.0.01%)
Use objects as a projectile to attack enemies.]

[Shield Bash lv. 0 (exp 1.00%)
Use the shield to attack enemies head-on. Small chance of stunning enemies]

[Sword Stab lv. 0 (2.50%)
Use sword to stab enemies.]

"What kind of shitty stats is this? Just from looking, my character is a weak ass pawn that can die from one hit.
And look at this. Zero Luck? Who the hell has zero luck? Am I the unluckiest human being on the planet to have zero luck?
I'm already an unlucky person in real life. Can't they make me have better specs in this game world? Sigh.
Sure, I can understand why my mana is at zero. But who in the hell starts with zero luck. Come on system, be reasonable here.
And why is the skill experiences gained so freaking low? Look at my throw skill? Can you even consider this an experience gain?
0.01%?
Man, 0.01%? How am I supposed to level this skill if the experienced gained is this small?"

1